Design And Construction Of An Intruder Detector For Office And Home Use
This project deals on the design and construction of an intruder detector for home and office use. Security as one of the biggest issues in our world today and we need a system that will be able to monitor our home, offices and industries by using two sensing circuits, touch and motion sensors. These sensors will cheek for an intruder in two different positions or location and with an alarm system alerts the user about the presence of an intruder. An intruder detector for office and home use is a device that detects movement of an object like human being. Many projects review the concept of intruder detecting system, but this project deals with the full practical work of the concept to prevent unauthorized person into a restricted area in our home, Industries, etc.
Table Of Content
- Title Page
- Certification Page
- Approval Page
- Table Of Contents
- List Of Table
- List Of Figure
- 1.1 Background Of Study
- 1.2 Objectives Of The Project
- 1.3 The Justification Of The Project
- 1.4 Scope Of Project
- 1.5 Constraints
- 1.6 Project Report Organization
- 2.1 Origin
- 2.2 Overview
- 2.3 Sensors
- 2.4 History Of Security
- 2.5 Basic Of An Intruder System
- 2.6 Residential Crime Prevention
- 3.1 Design Methodology
- 3.2 Project Specification
- 3.3 Hardware Subsystem
- 3.3.1 The Input Interface Design
- 3.3.2 Choosing The Resistor Value
- 3.3.3 Analysis
- 3.4 Alarm Unit
- 3.4.1 Components Analysis
- 3.4.2 Diodes
- 3.4.3 Types Of Diodes
- 3.5 Light-Emitting-Diodes Or Led’s
- 3.4.4 Voltage Regulators
- 3.4.5 Transistors
- 3.4.6 Light Dependent Resistor (LDR)
- 4.1 Conceptual Overview Of Project Layout
- 4.2 Instruction
- 5.1 System Testing And Integration
- 5.2 Test Plan And Test Data
- 5.2.1 Components Test
- 5.2.2 System Test
- 5.2.3 Other Tests
- 5.3 Experimented Result Vs Actual Result
Summary And Conclusion
- 6.1 Summary Of Achievement
- 6.2 Problems Encountered And Solution
- 6.3 Conclusion
List Of Table
- Table 3.1: Voltage Regulators Output Voltages
- Table 3.2: Resistor Color Cude
- Table 5.1: Test Of Transistor
- Table 5.2: Experimented Value/Actual Value
Table Of Figures
- Fig 1.1: Block Diagram Of Project Report
- Fig 3.1: Five (5) Design Steps
- Fig 3.2: System Block Diagram
- Fig 3.3: Input Sensor Design
- Fig 3.5: LM7805
- Fig 3.4: Symbols Of Diodes
- Fig 3.5 – Connecting Led To Supply
- Fig 3.7: Resistor Connected In Series
- Fig 3.8: Resistors Connected In Parallel
- Fig 3.9: Resistor Color Code Representation
- Fig 3.10: Transistor Circuit Symbols
- Fig 3.11: Current Path Of A Transistor
- Fig 3.12 Model Of Npn Transistor
- Figure 3.12: Light Dependent Resistor Symbol
1.1 Background of Study
Environmental, home and office security against intruders has become a thing of individual, national and international concern. The essence of this project is to provide a cost effective and more efficient security system in areas like homes, industries military etc. The application of this project will enhance effectiveness necessitating to security measures. It relevance, upgrades the conventional security system to automated system that will require little of human intervention. This project also builds a platform for further sophistication of automated security system by detailing all the measures taken in realizing this system. This will ensure a complete intruder proof system which will take care.
Intruder for home and office use is a design that detects the presence of an intruder in restricted areas and also informs the user by triggering an alarm. The system is based on hardware controller and other electronic design. This hardware controller uses two sensors, one for human touch sensing and the other for movement. The movement sensor uses light dependent resistor which must work in hand with a security light incident to it. With the security light, the system can receive signal when the intruder is around and translate the received signal from the sensors to useful information. In this design we have implored the use of hardware components, creativity and logics to bring about the entire project.
1.2 Aims and Objective
The aim and objective of this project is to provide a cost effective and efficient security device for home and office use, to offer its users a paramount security.
The system can sense human touch and movement then triggers an alarm when powered with a 9v battery. It is a home intruder system that stops intruders before they get in and can summon help immediately making sure the family under its protection is absolutely safe.
1.4 Justification of the project
This project makes it difficult for intruders to break into a home when there is a spotlight shining down to them. Then with the light dependent resistor that works with the spot of light, makes this project a home intruder system that keeps criminals further away from a family.
The biggest setback experienced during the course of this project is financial difficulties in funding the design of the project Secondly, sourcing of materials and components used was not easy. Finding the motion sensor wasn’t an easy task. Some of the components I used for this project were very difficult to find like the transistor for buffer. Furthermore, I received a severe electric shock while trying to interface some circuits into my design that made me to almost give up.
1.6 Report organization
This project report was written in such a way that each chapter is related to the next as shown below
Block Diagram Of Project Report
The organization of the project report is well detailed and vast in its coverage. It covers all the activities encountered during the research work.
- The first chapter is the introductory chapter, which covers the background, project objectives, project justification, scope of the project, constraints and block diagram overview of the states.
- Chapter two presents the literature reviews.
- Chapter three covers the system analysis and design in details
- Chapter four presents the system implementation which entails the component layout, the wiring schedule, the wiring diagram and also the complete schematic diagram.
- Chapter five covers the testing and integration of the project design.
- Chapter six is the summary and conclusion which includes the summary of achievements, problems encountered during project design, recommendation and suggestion for further improvement.
Summary And Conclusion
6.1 Summary Of Achievement
This section of this project report forms the concluding part of the write up and takes a look at some of the problems encountered during the progressive job on the system and also brings in suggestions for further improvement and/or enhancement for the system design.
The design and development of this project has really been challenging, as I have been faced with choices far beyond what I expected. But in the long run the result paid off. After the complete design of the system, the deviation between the expected result and the actual result was very close. The performance and efficiency was beyond expectation and from every ramification, the design of the project was a success.
6.2 Problems Encountered And Solution
During the course of the design of this system, there were series of problems which came in the way of achieving the design goals of this project, most of them where over come via share troubleshooting, in some cases some parts require redesigning and the software debugging also created a bit of a problem. One major setback of this project is the availability of components required to build the hardware of the system. In most cases I had to look through electrical catalogs to obtain replacements of some of the components which are not available in the market.
The final packaging of the design was also another trouble, as this actually caused problems on the circuit board. Such problems include partial contact within the circuit board, between components and also with the wiring. This was actually one of the most challenging aspects of the circuit implementation phase. Due to this fact, there was a lot of soldering and de-soldering to ensure that the circuit was well implemented.
Going through the planning, flow process, design and software implementation the system had really been a tough one; but on the whole it has been a chance to show case a little bit of craftsmanship.
How To Get The Complete Material For Design And Construction Of An Intruder Detector For Office And Home Use
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Design And Construction Of An Intruder Detector For Office And Home Use
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply