Design And Implementation Of Automated Billing System For Supermarket (Using Maris Supermarket Owerri Imo State As Our Case Study)
👁🗨Download up-to-date Post UTME past questions here
📩Get complete project / seminar material for any topic
This work is dedicated to God Almighty, the giver of wisdom for seeing us through in this publication and our families for their encouragements
We want to use this opportunity to acknowledge the authors whose materials we referred to in the production of this work.
We also want to thank our fellow students for their immense support.
Also not forgetting our lecturer Mrs.Emeagi.I for her advice.
Our project “entitled Design and implementation of automated Billing system for supermarket” (using Maris Supermarket Owerri Imo State as our case Study), which uses manual mode of operation.
The supermarket has been experiencing so many difficulties with this mode of operation; which includes;
Lots of paperwork:Existing system uses so many papers and even a small transaction require many papers to fill.
Secondly; Difficulty in reports generation. Either no reports generation in a current system or they are generated with great difficulty; reports take time to generate in the current system.
Finally, the project is to computerize the Front Office Management of the supermarket to develop software which is user friendly, simple, fast, and cost – effective.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Problem description
- Analysis of the present system
- Problem of the existing system
- Proposed system
- Characteristics of the proposed system
- Advantages of the proposed system
- Feasibility analysis
- Need for feasibility analysis
- Technical feasibility
- Behavioral feasibility
- Economic feasibility
- Technologies and tools
- The monitor
- The operating system
- Software description
- Microsoft visual basic 6.0
- Features of visual basic
- Areas of applications
- Microsoft access 2003
- Data flow diagram
- Entity relationship diagram
The project billing system is an application to automate the process of ordering and billing of a Departmental store.
This web based application is designed considering the chain of departmental store which is located in various cities. This application also administrates its users and customers.
The goal of any system development is to develop and implement the system cost effectively; user-friendly and most suited to the user’s analysis is the heart of the process.
The project is based on the concept of RDBMS (i.e. Relational Database Management System), a database which store data in the form of tables which is related with each other in a particular manner.
1.2 Problem Description
The purpose of the project entitled as “Design and Implementation of Customer Billing System” is to computerize the Front Office Management of the supermarket to develop software which is user friendly, simple, fast, and cost – effective. It deals with the collection of customer’s information, items details, etc. Traditionally, it was done manually.
The main function of the system is to register and store customer’s details and products details and retrieves these details as and when required, and also to manipulate these details meaningfully. System input contains customer’s details, products details; while system output is to get these details on to the CRT screen.
This project will serve the following objectives:-
- Add and maintain records of available products.
- Add and maintain customer details.
- Add and maintain description of new products.
- Add and maintain new entered category of products.
- Provides economic/financial reports to the owner monthly or weekly and yearly.
- Provides a convenient solution of billing pattern.
- Make an easy to use environment for users and customers.
- To make software fast in processing, with good user interface so that user can change it and it should be used for a long time without error and maintenance.
- This project will help the store keeper in fast billing
- This project enable store keeper to maintain a great database of all customers visited and purchase product from store.
- This Project will enable the store keeper to see report regarding product and category.
- Easy to maintain in future prospect.
- Calculate the bill
- Give the bill to the customer.
- Store how many products are sold
- Store products and their prices and with other information.
- Set the rates of taxes and commission on the products.
- Can see the report of the product in a fix period of time.
- Calculate the expanses on the product.
We will use 5 modules in this project. These are as follows:
Module 1:Login Id
This module is made for the login of users. We know that we have 3 users so Login-id is for:
- Data Entry Operator
- Bill Calculating Operator
Module 2:Apply taxes and commissions
This module is for administrator who will
- Set the taxes for the products.
- Set the commissions for the products.
Module 3:Check the Report
This module is also for the administrator who can generate or check the report of the product and how many products are sold on particular date or in a period of time.
Module 4:Enter the information about products
This module is for data entry operator who will
- Enter which products come in the store.
- Prices and expiry date of the product.
Module-5:Calculate the bill
This module is for bill calculating operator who will
- Calculate the bill.
- Print it.
I bet you, the complete material is fully loaded. This is just an excerpt. The Material is in MS-Word Format which you can easily edit and is comprehensive for a complete research work for this topic
📩How to get the complete material
The complete material is
N3,000. You are to make payment to :
Account No: 0811003731,
Bank Name: Access Bank,
Acct Name: Samphina Academy.
The mode of payment is through bank transfer or bank deposit
After Payment, send us the following information:
- 📍Payment Details (For Transfer:Send the account name you transferred money from | For Deposit:Snap and send the deposit receipt)
- 📍Project / Seminar Material you need (Topic)
- 📍An Active Email Address
The three(3) ways in which you can send us these information are:
- Through our email address “email@example.com”
- Through Text Message to “08143831497”
- Through WhatsApp “click to start chat“
After Sending your information and making payment, the material will be forwarded to you in less than 10mins via your email address