Construction Of Road Distance Measurement System Using Microprocessor
Distance measuring wheels are excellent tools for measuring long distance in a hurry they are great for estimating paving jobs building lot sizes, carpet estimates, grass seed and fertilizer calculations, insurance calculations, fence estimating, utility contracting, and other uses when a large distance measurement is needed quickly. The researcher in her titer nature review discovered that a simple reset counter is placed on the wheel at the point you what measuring and rolled in a straight directly to the stopping point. At this function the counter is read and the measurement indicated. It is known that the item are two types of different sizes of distance measuring wheels e.g indoor and our door wheels.
This wheel constructed by the researcher was found satisfactory and efficient as it is the electrical type which offers multiple units of measurement rather than the mechanical counters which offer only a single unit than was constructed. Electrical counter are great if you want to have multiple types of unit measurement lynches, feet metric, yards. etc) all in a single model of measurement wheel it was observed also that the researcher made some fundamental improvement on already existing ones by addition electric motor. This write up will be invaluable to future researcher in this area as the result shows in chapter four of this work.
Table Of Contents
- Title page i
- Certification ii
- Dedication iii
- Acknowledgement iv
- Abstract v
- Table of content vi
- 1.0 Introduction
- 1.1 An over view of the study
- 1.2 Objective of the study
- 1.3 Significance of study
- 1.4 Limitation of the study
- 1.5 Definition of terms
- 2.0 Literature review
- 2.1 Historical background of road measurement system
- 2.2 Importance of measurement
- 2.3 Classification of method of measurement
- 2.3.1 Direct method
- 2.3.2 Indirect method
- 2.3.3 Fundamental method of measurement
- 2.3.4 Comparison method
- 2.3.5 Null method
- 2.3.6 Deflection method
- 2.4 Classification of measuring instrument
- 2.5 Classification of measurement according to accuracy
- 3.0 Materials and methodology
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Materials and specification of the component
- 3.3 Thus stop is constructed using three major component
- 4.0 Result presentation and specification
- 4.1 Testing of the system operation
- 4.2 Trouble shooting
- 4.3 Specification of the system
- 5.0 Discussion, conclusion and recommendation
- 5.1 Discussion
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendation
1.1 An Outer View Of The Study
It is advice that is commonly used to measure the lengths of roads, rivers and other line features on maps. It can also be defined as advice that helps in the measurement of both the longitudinal and transversal profiles of a road to be simultaneously measured from a specially equipped vehicle travelling at normal road speeds. This developed approach has the advantage of eliminating the need of an inertial reference level, whilst improving accuracy of measurements by addressing errors otherwise resulting from the dynamics of a moving vehicle. An addition feature of this system is the integration of the road profile measurements with their precise geographical location (Dollas, 2014).
1.2 Objective Of This Study
The project’s objectives include the following:
- Development of a highly accurate longitudinal and transversal road measurement methodology
- Design and implementation of a low-cost embedded system to execute the longitudinal and transversal.
- Implementation of a integrated solution of road profile measurements incorporating state –of –the art for accurate localization.
- Performance of numerous field-trials in countries represented by the project partners, of the complete system in roads having a wide range of characteristics in order to optimize system performance.
1.3 Significance Of Study
This study is important because,
- It enables us to get a collection of units of measuremnt and rules relating them to each other.
- It is also important because it enables us from replacing one measuring system with a better one.
- It enables us to build series of location in other to find a total distance.
1.4 Limitations Of The Study
This project work was limited to some factors like
- Difficulty in obtaining some of the materials needed from the market,
- Presence of long trucks on the road delayed taking of the measurements on the road
- When the circuit is not property connected the device will not function properly.
1.5 Definition Of Terms
It is a device used to find out the distance between two or more points anywhere on the earth.
It is advice used for the measurement of physical quantities and phenomena. Although the concept of weights and measures today includes such factors as temperature, pressure and electric current, it once consisted of only four basic measurements: Mass (weight), Distance or length, area, and volume (Liquid or grain measure).
A unit is the name of a quantity such as kilogram or pound.
A standard is the physical embodiment of a unit, such as the platinum-iridium cylinder kept by the international bureau of weights and measures at paris as the standard kilogram.
Construction Of Road Distance Measurement System Using Microprocessor
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Construction Of Road Distance Measurement System Using Microprocessor
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “Construction Of Road Distance Measurement System Using Microprocessor” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Construction Of Road Distance Measurement System Using Microprocessor” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.