The Microbial Assessment Of Salad Cream
Microbial assessment of salad Cream were performed. Ten fold serial dilution was employed. Gram staining and biochemical identification of the isolates were conducted. The results obtained were: microbial load 1:1 x104 Cfulg, 2.1 x104 Cfulg & 3.2 x104 Cfulg, respectively for A,B,C b rands of Salad Cream investigated.
The isolates obtained were staphylococcus spp, bacillus spp klcibsel spp, and proteus spp. This implies that adequate good manufacturing practice (G.M.P) enforcement is required to ensure that these ready-to use food products are microbiologically sound.
Table Of Content
- Title page
- Approval page
- Table of content
- 1.1. Production of Salads Cream
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 Microbial safety and stability of sauces and salad
- 2.2 Classification and characterization of emulsified sauces and Salad.
- 2.3 Mayonnaise
- 2.4 Salad dressing
- 2.5 Liquid dressing
- 2.6 Reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 2.7 Mayonnaise – based Salad
- 2.8 Chemical preservatives.
- 2.9 Table : Maximum Allowed concentration of Benzoic and Sorbic acid in sauces and mayonnaise based salads in selected countries / Regions.
- 2.10 AW
- 2.11 Temperature
- 2.12 Spices
3.0 Material and Methods
- 3.1. Research method
- 3.2. Preparation of culture media
- 3.3 Preparation of Nutrient Agar
- 3.4. Sterilization of the test tubes, culture media and Petri-dishes.
- 3.5. Culturing, inoculation pour plate method.
- 3.6. Preservation of organism with agar slant
- 3.7. Citrate Agar slant
- 3.8 Gram staining
- 3.9 IMVIC Test
- 3.10 For methyl Red test
- 3.11 Indole test
- 3.12 Voges – proskaur test
- 3.13 Catalyst test
- 3.14 Coagulase test
- 4.1. Result: Table 1: Morphological Characteristics of the isolate.
- 4.2 Result: Table 2: The table viable cell count of the bacterial.
- 4.3 Representation of table 2 in a pie chart numbers of count.
- 4.4 Table 3: Morphological characteristics and identification
- 4.5 Fungi culture: Table 4: Morphological characteristics of the fungi isolates.
- 4.6 Discussion.
5.0 Recommendation and Conclusion
- 5.0. Recommendation
- 5.1. Conclusion
Recently, Salads have become popular among consumers in Hong kong. Many different styles of salads are commercially available in the market. In commercial settings, salads are either freshly prepared at restaurants or produced as pre-packaged food factories for supplies to retail outlets. Some restaurants have soft-serve, salad bers and food ingredients displayed there may be of additional risk of being contaminated by the patronizing customers.
Salad cream is a creamy yellow condiment based on an emulsion of about 25-50 percent of oil in water, emulsified by egg yolk and acidified by spirit vinegar. It may include other ingredients such as sugar, mustard, salt, thicker, spices, flavouring and colouring.
It was introduced in the united kingdom in the 1920s, where it is used as a salad dressing and a sand wich spreed.
Due to the higher cost of ingredients during periods of rationing in the united kingdom a flavour similar to mayonnaise was achieved in the creation of salad cream.
In the Uk it has produced by companies including H.J Heinz company and crosse and Black well. Heinz salad cream was the first brand developed exclusively for the U.K market.
When first created in the Harlesden (London) Kitchens of Heinz in 1925 the preparation was done by hand.
The kraft cheese company entered the salad dressing industry in 1925: its first flavor was French oil and vinegar –based dressing flavor with tomato and paprika.
Production Of Salads Cream
- The production of salads includes steps in purch as in gand processing of raw materials, mixing of ingredient, packaging, transportation and sale. The general production of salads is illustrated in the flow chartat.
- Major ingredients are minimally processed really to – eat vegetable that have been washed, the raw materials, like poultry, meat, seafood, egg and pasta have tobe cooked first. Other such as canned products, herbs, nuts and dressings are usually readily available for immediate use.
- Salad may be served without dressing depending on consumer’s preference. Some types of salads consist of ingredient mixed with dressing other types of salads, or in case of pre-packaged salads, may contain ingredient only and a separate package of dressing is available for consumers to mix with the ingredients by themselves. Salad dressing usually impart characteristics flavours and may contribute same preservative effect to the product to a certain extent.
- Large fast food chain stores usually pre-prepare raw materials which only required a mixing procedure before serve. Other food premises may chesend prepared the salad ingredients by themselves.
- The finished: products may be served on the premises. Otherwise, the fresh salads may be package and sold in restaurants with take away service or package food factory and delivered to retail outlets or supermarket for sale.
- Some restaurants have self-serve salad bars where customers can pick ingredient of their choice to make up their own dishes. Food ingredients display edat self-serve salad bars may be of additions risk of being contaminated by the patronizing customers. The aim of this work is to find out the microbial assessment on salad cream sold at Ekeonunwa market.
5.0 Recommendation and Conclusion
Salad cream are products characterized with a relatively high incidence of L.monocytogenes 9.9%, 2.36 – 4.7%
Sources of contamination is gotten from the equipment, used in producing the salad cream. These products can be generally considered as safe because commercial products contain pasteurized eggs, free of, salmonalia and other pathogens, and acidulants such as vinegar and lemon juice, creating a high acid environment that shows down, or prevents bacterial growth.
Salt is also an important ingredient in commercial mayonnaises contributing to the unfavourable environment of microbial growth.
As the distribution of the food components of the food components as well as of the microorganisms in the product are influencing the growth of microorganisms, a lot of attention must be paid to the development of challenge test protocols (e.g.; on inculcation procedure, mixing of the product, sampling, etc).
As the acetic acid concentration in the aqueous phase of mayonnaise –based salads is quite low, these product are vulnerable to spoilage. Therefore, storage temperature is one of the most important factors to control microbial growth in salads.
Salad cream as one of the special product in the universe contains essential fat. The nutritional value of salad cream is good for the body and disorders in human health.
Salad cream has microbial load of isolates that consists of kleibsella spp, bacillus spp.
And a good manufacturing practical work has to be done on it to help in reducing the microbial load in salad.
How To Get The Complete Material For The Microbial Assessment Of Salad Cream
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Microbial Assessment Of Salad Cream
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply