Stock Acquisition In Library
This research work deals with stock acquisition with a reference to Alex Ekwueme Library, Federal polytechnic, Oko.
Acquisition is a means by which books and non book materials are collected in a library. The librarian glossary (2001) defined acquisition as a process of acquiring or the department concerned with acquiring for the library. In chapter one of this research study, there are problems militating against stock acquisition in Alex Ekwueme library such as lack of fund to build up the library stock, there is a problem of staffing and inadequacy of reading space and furniture.
Chapter two of this research study deals with literature review which discusses the following headings: acquisition, acquisition policy, library materials/stocks, types of library stocks, methods of acquisition, problems of stock acquisition and selection tools. Chapter three of this research study is research methodology which the research adopted survey research/designs because survey deals with interview and questionnaires.
Chapter four of this research study discusses presentation and analysis of data which were drawn and gathered from the research questions as follows:
- What are various methods of acquiring library materials at Alex Ekwueme library?
- Are there procedures of book acquisition in the library
- What are the needs for stock acquisition in academic libraries?
- What types of materials are to be acquired in the library?
Based on the findings, the researcher indicated that the main reason for stock acquisition is for dissemination of information.
Chapter five deals with summary, conclusion, recommendation and suggestion for further study. The researcher recommends that the institution management should not depend on government grant alone but should try to allocate more funds for the acquisition of library stocks/materials.
Table Of Contents
- Title page i
- Approval page ii
- Dedication iii
- Acknowledgement iv
- Abstract v
- Table of contents vi
- 1.1 Introduction 1
- 1.2 Statement of problem 7
- 1.3 Objectives of the study 8
- 1.4 Scope of the study 8
- 1.5 Significance of the study 9
- 1.6 Research questions 9
- 1.7 Definition of terms 10
- 2.0 Literature review 14
- 2.1 Concepts of library and its functions 14
- 2.2 Acquisition 15
- 2.3 Acquisition policy 17
- 2.4 Library materials/stocks 18
- 2.5 Types of library stock 18
- 2.6 Methods of acquisition 20
- 2.7 Problems of acquisition 22
- 3.0 Research methodology 26
- 3.1 Research design 26
- 3.2 Area of study 26
- 3.3 Population 27
- 3.4 Sample and sampling technique 27
- 3.5 Treatment procedure 28
- 3.6 Validity of instrument 28
- 3.7 Distribution and retrieval of the instrument 28
- 3.8 Data analysis technique 28
- 4.0 Presentation and analysis of data 29
- 4.1 Presentation and data/findings 29
- 4.2 Discussion/findings 32
- 5.0 Summary, Conclusion, Recommendation, Suggestion 33
- 5.1 Summary 33
- 5.2 Recommendations 34
- 5.3 Conclusion 35
- 5.4 Suggestion for further studies 36
- References 37
- Appendixes 38
- Questionnaires 39
Stock Acquisition In Library
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Stock Acquisition In Library
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “Stock Acquisition In Library” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Stock Acquisition In Library” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.