Design And Implementation Of An Online Supermarket Shopping System
This chapter presents the introduction to the research study under the following headings:
- Theoretical Background
- Statement of the problem
- Aim and objectives of the study
- Significance of the study
- Scope of the study
- Organization of Research
- Definition of Terms
1.1 Theoretical Background
The technologies adopted to implement the system are pHp (Hypertext preprocessor) programming language and MySql database. These technologies were chosen because they are well suited for web-based applications. For instance, the source code segment shows how customers table records is created.
S/No Date Item Price per item Quantity Surname Other names Country State Address City E-mail Phone no. Transaction number Credit card no. Freight fee(#) Service charge(#) Total Amount of Item(#) Total Amount Payable(#) Delete_Item
- Inability to advertise and market products.
- Stock of goods may remain for a long time without being sold
- Supermarkets do not take advantage of online shopping to promote sales
To overcome these problems, there is need for the development of an online shopping system for supermarket to boost patronage and advertise the goods offered by the supermarket.
1.3 Aim and Objectives of the Study
The aim of the study is to develop an online supermarket shopping system with the following objectives:
- To develop a website to aid easy ordering of products offered for sale
- To provide a website to advertise and promote the supermarket online
- To develop a website that holds a database of needed goods by customers that can be accessed by the management of the supermarket.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of the study are it will provide an easy means of reaching to clients in distant locations, it will provide an alternative channel for the supermarket owner to sell products. The study will also serve as a useful reference material to other scholars seeking related information on the research work
1.5 Scope of the Study
This study covers the design and implementation of an online supermarket shopping system, a case study of Beverly Hills supermarket Ikot Ekpene. It is limited to ordering of products online.
1.6 Organization of the Research
This research work is organized into five chapters.
- Chapter one is concerned with the introduction of the research study and it presents the preliminaries, theoretical background, statement of the problem, aim and objectives of the study, significance of the study, scope of the study, organization of the research and definition of terms.
- Chapter two focuses on the literature review, the contributions of other scholars on the subject matter is discussed.
- Chapter three is concerned with the system analysis and design. It analyzes the present system to identify the problems and provides information on the advantages and disadvantages of the proposed system. The system design is also presented in this chapter.
- Chapter four presents the system implementation and documentation. The choice of programming language, analysis of modules, choice of programming language and system requirements for implementation.
- Chapter five focuses on the summary, conclusion and recommendations are provided in this chapter based on the study carried out.
1.7 Definition of Terms
Describes a system which is connected to a larger network or a system that is available or delivered over the internet.
A large self-service store that sells groceries, house hold goods, etc.
Searching for or buying goods and services.
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
This chapter presents the constraints of the study, summary, conclusion and recommendations offered based on the findings of the study.
5.1 Constraints of the Study
The following stood as limitations to the study:
The high cost of transportation to different libraries to gather materials and also the high cost of browsing the internet stood as challenge.
Only a few textbooks and materials pertaining to the research work were available.
The time given for the completion of the research work was short.
In the modern world today, majority of the transactions are offered over the internet. Online shopping is one of the most common applications of the internet and the reason for this is because it has a global reach. For supermarkets that need global patronage for their goods and services, an online shopping system is a must have as it will enable them to have customers from all over the world and also boost their income level.
An online shopping is a web based software that aids supermarkets to offer their services even to users at distant locations it is a time saving means to shop for products using the internet gateway. The system helps to boost level of patronage because the internet is global and hence they can attract customers all over the globe. Instead of customers going to the supermarket physically, they can stay from the comfort of their homes to make order for needed products and it will be shipped to them so long as the captured shipping details are correct.
The following recommendations are offered based on the study:
- Supermarket owners and managers should take advantage of the internet to enhance their company image and also boost patronage.
- Software engineers and computer scientist should be contracted or employed to develop and maintain online shopping system.
- Staff and management should be educated by other experts in the online shopping business to learn ways to foster their operations.
How To Get The Complete Material For Design And Implementation Of An Online Supermarket Shopping System
The complete material will be sent to your email address after payment
( Quick & Simple)
|FOR CLIENTS IN NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase (₦3,000)|
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase ($15)|
This research material “Design And Implementation Of An Online Supermarket Shopping System” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Design And Implementation Of An Online Supermarket Shopping System” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.