Design And Implementation Of Computerized Students Identity Card System
This research work focused on “Implementation of a Computerized Students Identity Card Processing System” a case study of Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua. It aimed at creating computer-based approach to produce student identity card and detect identity card impersonation and other unethical vices. The system was built augment the job of student Identity card production unit. Source of data include textbooks journals, magazines and staying on the internet. The programming language employed for the study is visual Basic (6.0) because it presents a graphical user interface (G.U.I). The solution developed is free from all the bugs and executable with all different modules to the utmost satisfaction of the user. All current requirements and possibilities, have been taken care during the research time.
Table Of Contents
- Title Page
- Approval Page
- Table Of Contents
- 1.0 Introduction
- 1.1 Theoretical Background
- 1.2 Statement of the Problem
- 1.3 Aim and Objectives of the Study
- 1.4 Significance of the Study
- 1.5 Scope of the Study
- 1.6 Organization of the Research
- 1.7 Definition of Terms
- 2.0 Introduction
- 2.1 Concept of Identity Card
- 2.2 Overview of Plastic Identity Badges
- 2.3 Identity Card-An Overview
- 2.4 Overview of Identity Document Forgery
- 2.5 Use Scenarios, Forgery Techniques and Security Countermeasures of ID-Cards
- 2.5.1 Security Countermeasures
System Analysis and Design
- 3.0 Introduction
- 3.1 Research Methodology
- 3.2 System Analysis
- 3.2.1 Analysis of the Existing System
- 3.2.2 Problem of the Existing System
- 3.2.3 Analysis of the Proposed System
- 220.127.116.11 Advantages of the Proposed System
- 18.104.22.168 Disadvantages of the Proposed System
- 3.3 System Design
- 3.3.1 Input Layout
- 3.3.2 Program Flowchart
- 3.3.3 Output Format
System Implementation and Documentation
- 4.0 Introduction
- 4.1 System Design Diagram
- 4.2 Choice of Programming Language
- 4.3 Analysis of Modules
- 4.4 Programming Environment
- 4.4.1 Hardware Requirement
- 4.4.2 Software Requirements
- 4.5 System Implementation
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
- 5.0 Introduction
- 5.1 Constraints of the Study
- 5.2 Summary
- 5.3 Conclusion
- 5.4 Recommendations
An identity document is any document which may be used to verify aspects of a person’s personality. If issued in the form of a small, mostly standard-sized card, it is usually called an identity card (IC). Countries which do not have formal identity documents may require informal documents. In the absence of formal identity document, driving licenses can be used in many countries as a method of proof of identity, although some countries do not accept driving licenses for identification, often because in those countries they do not expire as documents and can be old easily forged. Most countries accepts passports as a form of identification. Most countries have the rule that foreign citizens need to have their passport or occasionally a national identity card from their country, available at anytime if they do not have residence permit in the country. A student identification card can only be issued to genuine bonafide students. Card holders can use the card to identify themselves as a student around the campus or outside the campus. The identity card is managed and administered by the (Student Identity Card Association (SICA) of the school.
1.1 Theoretical Background
Today, it is believed that the application of computer technology in any activity would go a long way in making that activity much easier. To the research, this statement remains a theory until proven otherwise by the implementation of a computerized student ID-card processing system. It is also believed that benefits and advantage of using computers outweighs that of manual methods. This also wants to be proven beyond doubts by the researcher through the implementation of the new system.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The major problems that gave rise to this research project is faced by Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic and they include late registration of student’s, corrupt students that know diverse ways of producing fake identity cards, corrupt and tactical student’s who have a way of sneaking into the examination hall with fake identity cards.
1.3 Aim and Objectives of the Study
The aim of the study is to design and implement workable computerized system for student’s identity cards. The objectives of the study are as follows:
- To establish efficient means of tracking students with fake ID-Card.
- To reduce examination malpractice in Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, at least in the area of impersonation
- To create a reliable database of students in Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, with unique features like passport photographs and registration numbers.
- For research purpose (project writing defense).
1.4 Significance of the Study
This research work would be unnecessary if it has no significance to humanity.
- Firstly, the newly designed system would make other-higher institutions to see the need for creating a computerized student ID-card processing system to use in production of student ID-card.
- Secondly, the knowledge that the new system has designed would make students and invigilators contemplating on impersonation and have a change of mind for fear of being caught.
- Thirdly, the designed of the system would provide jobs for system analysts and programmers contacted to build the system for other institutions.
- Fourthly, student identity card is used to check out books from the library, register to vote on student union matters, and get student discount.
- Finally, the research projects would serve as reference material to other scholars interested to further research on the topic.
1.5 Scope of the Study
This research work restricted to implementation of computerized student ID-card processing system; using Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic as a case study. Data used for the study were gathered from this source.
1.6 Organization of the Research
This research work has been arrange in the following order:
- Chapter one contains introduction, theoretical background, statement of the problem, aim and objectives of the study, significance of the study, scope of the study, organization of the research and definition of terms (where necessary).
- Chapter two focused on the relevant literature review, highlighting basic concept.
- Chapter three is concerned with the system design which emphasis on system design and flowcharting. It also expands the development of the new information system that would facilitate tracking of fake ID-cards.
- Chapter four is the system implementation which gives the direction of system and analysis of modules.
- Chapter five summarizes and concludes the research work offering some useful recommendations.
1.7 Definition of Terms
In order to do away with ambiguity, some terms and keywords in the context of this research are hereby defined.
It is a proof of the holder’s identity that includes a photograph.
The act of pretending to be avoid candidate in order to write examination for someone else using that person identity card.
Is the evidence that proves that something is true or current.
It is an image appeared on the identity card owner.
Is a careless, wrong, or illegal practices that is not ethical in a particular field like academics.
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
This chapter is the concluding part of this project work. It comprises of constraints of the study, summary and conclusion proffered by this work.
5.1 Constraints of the Study
The problem encountered during the course of this research work.
They are as follows:
- Poor communication between experts in the field of students identity card production.
- Problem of have access to some materials that were useful for the research work.
- Time constraint was another problem faced by the researcher during the research work.
Students identity card is on of the vital document use in within and outside the school to identify a bonefide student who belongs to the institution. The manual or traditional way of producing this document was prone to errors and fraudulent students who knows diverse ways of forging identity card else way forged it without school consent. It was time wasting, easting of resources and often resources and often result to problems between the student and the staff of identity card unit. The alternative method of this problems is the development of the computerized student identity card processing system, which is an intelligent system that would assist both students and identity card producers during production. This system has employed a sophisticated technology termed fuzzy logic. It has proven to be a very powerful tool for handing uncertainty or imprecise or vague variables.
The research work titled “Computerized Student Identity Card Processing System” was deeply studied and analyzed to design the code and implement with various testing methods were done under the guidance of experienced project guide. The solution developed is free from all the bugs and executable with all different modules to the utmost satisfaction of the user. All current requirements and possibilities, have been taken care during the research time. The solution provided now will suit t all the needs of various users in the same industry but also the possibilities of further upgrading of this solution with the new and advance technologies, and further additional requirements of the users is not be ruled out.
Based on the finding of this research work on the student identity card processing system used in Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, the following recommendations were made:
The staff of an identity card unit must be computer literate. And the management of the unit should employed more staff or operators in the direction of operating the newly designed system. Checking should be done regularly to make the system up-to-date.
How To Get The Complete Material For Design And Implementation Of Computerized Students Identity Card System
The complete material will be sent to your email address after payment
( Quick & Simple)
|FOR CLIENTS IN NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase (₦3,000)|
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase ($15)|
This research material “Design And Implementation Of Computerized Students Identity Card System” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Design And Implementation Of Computerized Students Identity Card System” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.