Design And Implementation Of Apartment Management System
This Project work intends to address some of the problems encountered in the allocation of hostels to students manually in apartment, using Spring Light Apartment as the case study. The growing number of tenants in some apartment posed a lot of accommodation problems on the Landlord. Some of the problems encountered include, few bedrooms, dining rooms, bathrooms and kitchen that exist in the apartment are not properly managed, statistic of rooms required to match the growing number of people are farfetched, tenants who have paid their apartment fees may end up not getting rooms because of lack of toilet, kitchen, rooms, and even parlor cannot give accurate information of the occupancy of a particular room. In respect to all of these existing problems, it became necessary to design a system capable of managing a database which allocates apartment to people. The system to be designed will keep track of all the available rooms and its occupants. This apartment management system was implemented using HTML, PHP and MySQL.
Table of Content
- Title Page
- Table of Content
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- 1.1.0 General introduction
- 1.2.0 Introduction
- 1.3.0 Problem definition
- 1.4.0 Objective of study
- 1.5.0 Research justification
- 1.6.0 Research methodology
- 1.7.0 Scope and limitation of study
- 1.8.0 Definition of terms
- 1.9.0 Chapter layout
- 2.1.0 Introduction
- 2.1.1 Overview of Hostel System
- 2.1.2 Brief history of Hostel Systems
- 2.2. Type of Hostels
- 2.2.1 Hostelling International (HI) (Wikipedia, 2013)
- 2.2.2 Independent Hostels
- 2.2.3 Boutique Hostels (Wikipedia, 2013)
- 2.2.4 Mobil Hostesl (Wikipedia, 2013)
- 2.3.0 State-of-the-Art E-Hostel Systems
- 2.3.1 Hostel Reservation Script
- 2.3.2 Anand System Inc
- 2.4.0 Proposed Contributions
System Design Methodology
- 3.1.0 Introduction
- 3.2.0 System Requirements Specification
- 3.3.0 System Design
- 188.8.131.52 Logical Design
- 184.108.40.206 Input Design
- 220.127.116.11 Output Design
- 18.104.22.168 Menu Design
- 22.214.171.124 Use Case Design
- 126.96.36.199 Activity Design
- 188.8.131.52 Program flowchart
- 184.108.40.206 Physical Design
- 220.127.116.11 Program Specification
- 18.104.22.168 Layout of Files Design
- 22.214.171.124 System Controls
- 126.96.36.199 Structure of Database Design
- 4.1.0 Introduction
- 4.2.0 Features and Choice of Implementation Language
- 4.3.0 System Testing Strategies
- 4.3.1 Unit Test
- 4.3.2 Integration Test
- 4.4.0 Target Computer System Requirements
- 4.4.1 Software Requirements
- 4.4.2 Hardware Requirements
- 4.5.0 Software Maintenance Issues
- 4.5.1 Corrective Maintenance
- 4.5.2 Preventive Maintenance
- 4.5.3 Adaptive Maintenance
Recommendation and Conclusion
- 5.1.0 Introduction
- 5.2.0 Application of the E-Hostel System to UNICAL Hostel Allocation
- 5.3.0 Suggestion on Further Research
- 5.4.0 Recommendation
- 5.5.0 Conclusion
- Appendix A: Source Code Listings
- Appendix B: Sample Output
List of Figures
- Figure 3.1 Login Interface
- Figure 3.2 Update Hostel Interface
- Figure 3.3 Allocate Hostel Interface
- Figure 3.4 View Allocation Interface
- Figure 3.5 Search Field Interface
- Figure 3.6 Menu Design
- Figure 3.7 Use Case Diagram
- Figure 3.8 Activity Diagram for the Proposed System
- Figure 3.9 Flowchart of the Proposed System
List of Tables
- Table 3.1 Layout of User Table
- Table 3.2 Layout of Hall Table
- Table 3.3 Layout of Student Table
- Table 4.1 Software Requirement for the Target System
- Table 4.2 Hardware Requirement for the Target System
1.1.0 General Introduction
It is safe to say that most activities such as apartment allocation carried out in most cities in Nigeria are done manually. Therefore, there is a lot of strain on the individuals running the apartment. An Apartment Management system is simply software developed for managing most activities that take place in the apartment with the help of apartment administrator.
The goal of this research work is to provide a solution to the problem of apartment management, by designing a computerized system which is user-friendly and GUI-oriented that will be compatible with the existing manual systems. The software to be developed will solve the problem of apartment management; thus helping to reduce problems associated with the manual apartment management system. The project uses Spring Light apartment as Case Study.
This chapter introduces the study and provides relevant information on the background of the study. It begins with problem definition (statement of the problem) which describes the major problems associated with manual apartment management. This is followed by the research objective putting in a nutshell what is to be achieved by the study. Subsequently, the Research Justification is presented, which justifies the essence of the research. The Research Methodology describes the procedures used in conducting the research. Scope and Limitation discusses the area the research is limited to and also highlights the constraints encountered during the course of this work. Finally, there is definition of terms and chapter layout which defines peculiar terms related to the study alone and summarizes the entire chapters respectively.
1.3.0 Problem Definition
Problems associated with hostel records when manually handled by the Landlord in spring Light apartment include:
- Records are manually written and stored in various registers.
- Lots of human errors are encountered when records are hand-written.
- The use of numerous registers for hostel allocation can be very cumbersome, hence tracing records become tedious.
- Difficulty in maintaining or updating the records, hence, retrieval of a certain dataset from a bunch of registers is almost impossible.
- Loss or damage of any of the registers leads to damage of lots of important files at a time.
- Lack of data security.
1.4.0 Objective of Study
The objective of this study is to develop an application that will ease the stress associated with the existing manual system as earlier stated, while focusing on the Spring Light apartment.
This study aims to achieve the following;
- To create a database management system (DBMS) this allocates storage to student data and also provides security for the stored data.
- To provide quick and efficient means for gathering the student information along with their rooms, fees, etc.
- To find out the possible benefits that will be obtained from the new system.
- At the completion of this work, this system will improve the management of student hostels in the spring light apartment.
1.5.0 Research Justification
The proposed research can be justified by providing answers to the questions below:
- Does the research extend the understanding of the phenomenon being investigated?
- Does it elaborate, extend or fill in gaps in present knowledge?
- Finally, will it give the expected results result?
After putting these aforementioned questions into consideration, I believe that this research is worth doing. Using Spring light as the existing system to be investigated, in which the mode of operation is done manually, a certain level of bias will be experienced. The new system to be developed is to manage the allocation process.
1.6.0 Research Methodology
In order to realize the objectives of this research, it is important to apply the appropriate strategy in achieving the set goals. The methodology employed in the course of this study is to first outline the set of requirements to be met by the proposed system, where information related to the research work will be derived from the area of study (Spring Light apartment and tenant Affairs); then envisage and implement the design of the system, using HTML and PHP for the design and MySQL for building the database.
1.7.0 Scope and Limitation of Study
In terms of geographical coverage, spring light apartment, was studied.
This study suggests means of gathering information about the tenants and ways of easily managing the apartment details, room details, records, easy way of room allocation and room attendance. Subsequently, software will be written in the implementation phase which will enable the program to run.
In addition to this, a number of things occurred which slowed down the process in the research work. They include:
- Time constraint for proper analysis, design and implementation of the Apartment Management system.
- Poor internet facilities and inaccessible websites.
- Limited access to administrative information.
1.8.0 Definition of Terms
Database Management System (DBMS):
Is software that enables you store, modify, and extract information on a database.
Apartment Management System:
Is a computerized system for managing various activities in the apartment.
MYSQL is a relational database management system written in C and C++ that runs as a server providing multi user access to a number of databases.
PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor:
Is a scripting language originally designed for producing dynamic web pages.
Unified Modeling Language (UML):
It is used to specify, visualize, modify, construct, and document the artifacts of an object-oriented software-intensive system under development.
1.9.0 Chapter Layout
This study is presented in five chapters.
- Chapter One: deals with the introduction, which provides preamble or background to the study. It also introduces the study and provides relevant information on the background to the study, problem definition, objectives of study, justification and methodology of the research, definition of terms and chapter layout.
- Chapter two: is a review of literature relevant to the research topic; introduction to the chapter, overview of an apartment and brief history of apartment management will be discussed. Also to be discussed are the type of apartment found in the cities and rural and a quick look on several literature on this work before ending with my proposed contribution.
- Chapter three: presents system methodology which analyzes the current system, indicating the shortcomings and finding possible solutions by designing and developing a new system. System requirements and specifications are also discussed.
- Chapter four: focuses on system implementation which aims at ensuring that the system works accurately and efficiently and also tested for possible errors before making it available to the users.
- Chapter five: provides a summary of the findings, drawing conclusions based on the findings as well as the relevant recommendations
Recommendation and Conclusion
This research work has simply been about designing an E-Apartment system using the spring light apartment as a case study. The advantages of a hostel database have been clearly stated which support the need for an E-Apartment system.
In summary, the objective of this study was to eliminate the tedium associated with the existing manual system as earlier stated in the problem definition in chapter one, with the provision of a system that is readily available, portable in terms of disk size and provide portals with ability to make entry in to the system if place on the school server.
5.2.0 Application of the E-Apartment System to Spring Light Apartment Allocation
The E-Apartment system which is designed to meet the objective stated in chapter one is to full satisfy the importance and eliminate the monotonous way of room allocation. The E-Apartment present user/portal with the ability to allocate rooms to student using a first-in-first approach (FIFO), here the user/portal is presented with a registration form to fill the tenant information then validate the allocation for that tenant. Also, user/portal can update apartment by adding to the ones in the system. The user/portal can also search for information stored in the database; such as number of tenant in a specific apartment, apartment information and admin in charge with reference to a particular tenant.
5.3.0 Suggestion on Further Research
Building a system such as ours in such limited time frame will not give us the opportunities to fully explore all the functionalities there are in implementing a system that could be termed as “world class”. However, the system built will fully meet the scope of this study. For further research it would be important for the system to possess some of the functionality stated below:
- The system could be an online system where user could at any time is able to allocate rooms to the system without being confined to the apartment network.
- The system could be design in such a way that tenant will pay some certain amount at the bank to obtain a transaction ID, then using that ID to fill the apartment requirement online. When done the system will automatically allocate the student a room
- The system should be design in such a way that tenant could be able to have an account online using his room number where he/she could be able to login and lay complains and also contribute to further development of the apartment.
The following recommendations have been made based on the findings of this research;
- The E-Apartment system is recommended for institutions that provide apartment accommodation for the tenants and landlords.
- The system is also for individuals or corporate firms that manage their own private apartment located outside the cities.
- Also recommended for any high schools and primary schools dormitory where the matrons could be the one allocating room to students.
As a result of this research work, the Apartment administrator will now be able to allocate rooms to tenants without going through much stress. Portals can now manage apartment record with ease giving such portable and robust system.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦5,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731
|Acc No: 1225513212
|Acc No: 8143831497
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS
|Make Payment of 120 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Cloud Osabutey | MTN MoMo
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Design And Implementation Of Apartment Management System
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply