Software Development For Post Primary Education
The focus of this study is to examine software development for post primary education using Rivers State as case study.In course of this study, three(3)objectives were created. The study adopted the survey research design and conveniently enrolled 65 participants in the study.Well structured questionnaire was issued to the participant which provided answers to the research questions. A total of 55 responses were received while 50 were validated from the enrolled participants where all respondents were drawn from selected computer science teachers in selected secondary schools in Rivers State. The data collected were analyzed using frequency and percentage tables. Findings from the study revealed that there are considerable reasons why database information management is needed in post primary education, among them include; the delay in the processing of record as a result of growing size and complexity of schools, the time consumed and wasted in the retrieval of file or records, lost of records in transit during a search process, the process of updating files is too cumbersome, and it is necessary to maintain an international standard. The study also revealed that the importance of database as regards information keeping; speeding up the process of storing and retrieval of information, reducing communication gap between the staff and the public, improving decision making by reducing processing time., promoting efficient handling packages, and reducing human error and improving confidentially of files and records. The study therefore recommends that Government should give priority attention to the procurement and distribution of ICT facilities in schools so as to boost education in the state.
Undeveloped and developed countries have suffered a lot from the consequence of insufficient data or information, in most; consist a matter of the inaudibility of data. The secret of any good management is based on organized, coordinated and sufficient relevant data. This fact support the ideal of database whose overriding importance is to provide relevant and sufficient data or information to the user.
According to French (2000),users earnestly desire far piece of information which would be of immense benefit to them in their business this therefore, buttress the fact that a database in any organization or establishment is very essential to the organization. In a database, data may be stored in which it may involve a data directly which it will provide descriptive information on the data them stored in the database and how to access them.
The term database is often used synonymous of information. A database is generally made up of data from number of database it could be a collection of related information.
According to Brien James A (2000). The control and management system (DBMS)> this software (set of instrument that tell the computer what to do) is designed for record keeping, allows the computers to sort files of records in specific location. They spatially handle structural data that would normally be stored in a cabinet containing files. The concept of database means something specific. The data collected must posses certain qualities, the essential requirement of a database is no merely to store data efficiently but also to provide an effective means of retrieval. The objective is to provide a reliable up to data information on demand. The centralization of it cannot be retrieved more efficiently than others then the data structure of a business may be rationalized. Data can be retrieved without for the fact that base is in logical section.
1.1 Background to the Study
The researcher study centered on the administrative admissions and information management department.
This project “software development for post primary education database” is geared towards the needs and level of adolescent. The main objective of this project is to implement the use of database management software on graduate on secondary school student who are academically competent, constructively self-directed and who are oriented towards becoming productive, intelligent, sensitive and matured citizens of this country Nigeria.
To achieve this objective requires the combined commitment and effort of all school personnel, parents, the community and the ministry of education, local and federal level by time of this writing, the school has not be made to do so. Computer has arrived for installation and necessary writings done in anticipation of a possible computerization within the shorted time
1.2 Statement of the Study
Many government organizations and establishment as well as some private establishment management and preservation and this has seen a set back to them. For example hospitals, school, industries and banks.
Database and its management system have been known with the evolution of compiler. Few organization and establishment has come to the knowledge of this and utilize this concept and apply it while some other skill remain ignorant. It therefore in this ground that the administrative, admission and information management department post primary educational database is viewed and studied under the following considerations;
- The number of application for administrations being on a geometric increase
- Slight delay in the processing of record due to growing size and complexity of the establishment.
- Time consumed and wasted in the retrieval of requirement file or records.
- The stocks vomiting search process
- Lost of records in transit during a search process.
- The method of updating files makes the while exercise being and cumbersome.
- Necessary to maintain an international standard.
1.3 Objective of the Study
On the one hand, the primary obligations of this study is to investigate and design a computer based operation system in replacement of the present manual system of operating in by inculcating the efficiency of database to information management and data processing in areas of data upkeep, retrieval validation, storing, updating and verification.
On the other hand, the researcher hopes to achieve the following
- Speeding up the processing storing and retrieval of information.
- Improve decision making by reducing processing time as well as reducing communication gap between the staff and the public.
- To highlight the importance of database as regards information keeping.
- To promote efficient handling packages
- Reducing human error and improving confidentially of files and records
- Facilitation of information service to the customers
- Bring about implementation on the manual rendering service and administration.
1.4 Research Question
This study will by guided by by the following question;
- Why is database information management needed in post primary education?
- What are the attributes of database information management system?
- What are the importance of database as regards information keeping?
1.5 Significance of the Study
The relevance f this study is to primarily enlighten stakeholders in the educational sector on the need to develop a specific system or adopt already created software for improving efficiency and effectiveness in the running of schools in Nigeria. The study will educated them on the need to explore the opportunities presented by the advancement of technology, and the reason to make staff duties easier and less time consuming.
1.6 Scope of the Study
This research work critically explores the possible ways of creating a database application, that will be used in the institution and create a reliable information base system for the schools. The work will also help to reduce thee paper flow in the offices.
1.7 Limitations of the Study
As a result of limited time and many) the study was based on the application of computer based system.
The set backs encountered in the course of this project are:
The time allocated for the completion of the project was insufficient and almost proud unmeeting,
The high cost of using type electronic typewriter for the type of the project was quite demanding. The cost of getting the software’s that are needed to develop the database was many and expensive. The transportation fare in the quest for data was also a source of concern.
Summary, Conclusions and Recommendations:
This chapter summarizes the findings on software development for post primary education using Rivers State as case study. The chapter consists of summary of the study, conclusions, and recommendations.
5.2 Summary of the Study
In this study, our focus was on software development for post primary education using Rivers State as case study.
The study is was specifically set to; examine why database information management is needed in post primary education, identify the attributes of database information management system, and the importance of database as regards information keeping.
The study adopted the survey research design and randomly enrolled participants in the study. A total of 50 responses were validated from the enrolled participants where all respondent are computer science teachers in selected secondary schools in Rivers State.
In the light of the analysis carried out, the following conclusions were drawn.
- There are considerable reasons why database information management is needed in post primary education, among them include; the delay in the processing of record as a result of growing size and complexity of schools, the time consumed and wasted in the retrieval of file or records, lost of records in transit during a search process, the process of updating files is too cumbersome, and it is necessary to maintain an international standard.
- The attributes of database information management system include; adequate data upkeep, ensures document retrieval validation, ensure faster storing and verification of data, facilitates documentation updating, and simplified and faster searching process.
- The importance of database as regards information keeping; speeding up the process of storing and retrieval of information, reducing communication gap between the staff and the public, improving decision making by reducing processing time., promoting efficient handling packages, and reducing human error and improving confidentially of files and records.
The following recommendations were proffered with respect to the findings of the study;
- Government should provide adequate ICT facilities and internet service for easy access to ICT facilities.
- Ministry of Education should regularly facilitate the training of selected teachers and administrators in secondary schools on ICT education.
- There should be curriculum review to promote and facilitate a compulsory ICT driven curriculum for Secondary School in FCT.
- Government should facilitate the re-engineering of research and development in schools, using ICT tools and devices.
- Government should give priority attention to the procurement and distribution of ICT facilities in schools so as to boost education in the state.
- All stakeholders should create intensive awareness on the need for all to embrace ICT education in the secondary school system
Complete Material For Software Development For Post Primary Education
The Complete Material will be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make a Mobile Transfer or POS Payment of ₦3,000 to any of the Account Below
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
|Account No.: 1225513212|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Software Development For Post Primary Education
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
This research material “Software Development For Post Primary Education” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Software Development For Post Primary Education” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.