Economic Effect Of Unemployment In The Nigeria Economy (A Study Of Enugu State)
Going through the present investigation of problem & prospects of management of unemployment in Nigeria, many finding and results were made in the service and finance oriented organization.
The result postulated that prospects of management of unemployment in the Nigerian patterns in the organization which in our act as a motivational factors to high productivity increasing work performance to achieve organization goals and objectives.
On the other hand problem associated with prospects of management of unemployment adopted in every organization will identify any motivational problem inherited in that organization. It will further be having big problem which thus intends negative.
However effective prospects of management of unemployment is vital in every situation in the organization.
Table Of Content
- Title page i
- Certification page ii
- Dedication iii
- Acknowledgement iv
- Abstract v
- Table of content
- 1.0 Introduction.
- 1.1 General Background of the Study.
- 1.2 Problem Associated with Unemployment.
- 1.3 Problem that the Study will be Concerned with.
- 1.4 The Importance of Studying the Area.
- 1.5 Definition of Important Term.
- 1.6 Reference.
- 2.0 Literature Review.
- 2.1 The Origin of the Study.
- 2.2 The School of Thought with the Subject.
- 2.3 The School of Thought Relevant to the Problem.
- 2.4 Different Method of Studying the Problem and Solution the Problem.
- 2.5 Summary.
- 2.6 Reference.
- 3.0 Conclusions.
- 3.1 Data Presentation.
- 3.2 Analysis of Data.
- 3.4 Conclusions.
- 3.5 Reference.
1.1 Background Of The Study
According to the advanced learner dictionary, Unemployment is defined as the amount of Labour unused. When a factor of production is not doing any job we say it is unemployed. In this project we are concentrating mainly on the Economic effect of unemployment in Nigeria Economy. In particular Emphasis on Labour which is the most important and active factor of production which simple means, that without Labour all other factors will not be put into practice.
Then all other factors are regarded as passive factors of production.
Unemployment is a very dangerous phenomenon to an Industrialized economic system. Further primitive communities in
Nigeria was usually self-sufficient and no unemployment problem, through their standard of living is a very low living. They share the work that had to be done and any spare time easy enjoyed as leisure. There is still little unemployment in Nigeria engaged in the production of primary product though these communities may suffer a general reduction in their product, fall in the world market. We often advocate for Industrialization as a penance to unemployment problem but in as much as that is true it is also very important to know that this Industrialization Coupled with the division of labor and specialization bring along with them this virus problem called unemployment to Industrial progress, how wonder it was the leading Industrialized nation that were the first to introduce scheme of social security.
This ugly and nerve Cracking Carter- worm which has right from time been controlling its disastrous head in the blood stream of the general populaces of the worlds has been a thing of concern be great philosopher of economist and socialist of the olden days. This has led them to come up with different ideal theories and belief all in gust to recommend a drug for this disastrous disease called unemployment.
Anyacle (1995- 214) It stated that unemployment may be defined as a situation where some people who fall with the age the working population capable and willing to work, but are unable to obtain a befitting work to do.
1.2 Statement Of Problems
Anyaele (1995:214) stated that the problem has become continually without solution being in sight it has constituted itself into one of the worst enemies of the populace in this part of the world. That the problem unemployment has been exacerbated by the previous and retrenchments unbridle rural urban migrate. Etc.
Unemployment is a great problem associated with both rural and urban communities of the Nigeria economy it results to the following problems to Nigeria.
A) Threat to peace:
The unemployed Constituted available book for political troubles shooters in a Country.
B) Escalation Of Crime Rate:
An idle mind they say is the devils workshop, and as a result of this many unemployed youths and able bodies men and women engages themselves in crime such as armed robbery, prostitution, etc in order to earn living.
C) It Causes Migration:
This is to move from one place to go and live or work in another place. This can be rural urban or from one Country to another which creates vacuum in a nation march to economic and social development.
D) Waste of Manpower:
Unemployment especially that of graduates waste the much needed manpower which delays the economic development of the nation Nigeria.
E) Increase In Dependants:
The unemployment people increase the number of dependants and contribute in sapling the income of their families instead of contributing to them.
F) Reduction In Investment:
the money spent in educating the unemployed and the once spent in them as depredates should have been invested in one business or another.
Rural urban Migration is the movement of people from one Countryside or Villages to Cities or Town. This rural urban is a reaction to some of the prevailing conditions from the rural area to the urban areas as multifarious reason. The causes of this rural urban migration is know as push and pull factors. Pull factors are those things within urban areas that attract people in the rural areas.
These push and pull factors including the following.
Lack Of Social Amenities: Where there is no availability of recreational facilities in the urban Cities, higher education employment opportunities, marriages, natural disaster, political.
1.2 Purpose Of The Study
The purpose of this study is contribute in any meaningful way to the idea of how the growing rate of unemployment among young people in Our Society can be deal with, so that its ugly effects can be reduced at least to minimal. The problem caused by unemployment in Our Society is not far-fetched.
- Every year, many people pass out from different institutions of higher learning in our society. Only to find they joining the labour market without job. The more the number of unemployed youths are let loose into the streets, the more we have arises here and there. Some of them that are impatient will quickly join armed robbery business to get something as to keep body and soul together which is very harmful to our society. We can as well of crime rate in our society and Nigeria as whole is conspicuous traceable to a corresponding growth of the unemployment rate in recent years.
- It is more painful that after one had gone through all the obstacles of life, difficulties and self- deprivation of numerous social necessity to acquire the much covered Western education, he is still in no way to get a good job common suitable with his station. People in this case do not see education as a ray of hope again instead it had turned many into big problem. This because people do not usually get job.
- Also the purpose of the study is to know those problems unemployment can cause to the individual concerned. The purpose as it was said earlier is to contribute in one way or the other towards the situation of unemployment in our society.
1.3 Significance Of The Study
(Rural – Urban Migration)
The main importance of studying this rural – urban migration is to help reduce the number of people that will move out of the countryside or the villages to cities or town. To crib this mass movement of people from rural urban areas, the following should be done by the federal government of Nigeria.
- Establishment of industries in the rural areas.
- Provision of recreational facilities.
- Improvement of our Agricultural system
- Establishment of higher Institutions in the rural Areas.
This problem of unemployment to the Nigeria economy is to find a sound and solid solution to it (unemployment). The Federal government of this Country Nigeria should adopt the following measures to eradicate this particular problem.
- The government should provide sound and sustainable education and staff developments, because when education is functional and qualitative it makes the recipient both independent in thoughts and action. The training and development of staff increases the skills the workers to meet the challenges of the time.
- The government should provide social amenities to the rural areas. This provision of social amenities will reduce migration and make many school leavers to accept to work and reside in rural areas.
- The government should establish Industries; the establishment of many Industries will create more employment opportunities.
- The government should control the population of the economy. Optimum population will help to solve our unemployment problem because it will brings our population to equilibrium point to march with our available resources.
- The government should create more state and local governments; this should be done based on the available resource in order to create more employment opportunities.
1.4 Research Question
- What are the course of unemployment in Nigeria?
- What are the economic effect in Enugu State?
- What factors contribute most the problem of unemployment?
- What will be the possible solution to unemployment ravaging Enugu State?
1.5 Research Hypothesis
- Hi: Unemployment Is Cause By Inefficiency Use Of Our National Resource
H0: Unemployment Is not Cause By Inefficiency Use Of Our National Resource
- H2: Lack of attention to agriculture contribute unemployment of in Nigeria
H0 Lack of attention to agriculture does not contribute unemployment of in Nigeria
1.5 Scope Of The Study
The scope of this study cover the economic effects of unemployment in Nigeria economy using Enugu State as the case study.
1.6 Definition Of Important Terms.
In this aspect we are concerned with the types of unemployment in Nigeria economy, they are as follows: –
A) Frictional Unemployment:
This type of unemployment arises when people leave their present job with hope of getting another one or a new one, but fails at that time. It may or may not be a temporary unemployment depending on the prevailing economic situation.
Therefore frictional unemployment is the period between the worker left his former work and the time of getting a new job or work.
B) Seasonal Unemployment
This type of unemployment is caused by seasonal change that affect some types of work, for example workers that work in road construction companies remain unemployed during raining season.
On the same hand farmers stay idle during the time in between harvesting and planting periods.
C) Search Unemployment
This type of unemployment occurs when some people turn down offer of work in search of better-paid employment. How long this search will last depend on he prevailing economic situation in the Country.
D) Structural Unemployment:
Unemployment is as a result of slight change in the Industries structure of a country, workers will be retrenched as a result. This is causal by economic recession and it happened in Nigeria in 1984 when firms folded up as a result of this.
E) Voluntary Unemployment
This type of unemployment undecorated occurs when some people refuse to take up any paid employment. That is to say that they voluntarily decide not take up any paid employment for example some husband may order their wives not to do any type of work but to stay at home as full time house wives.
F) Deficient Demand (Cyclical) Unemployment:
This type of unemployment occurs when there is decrease in the quantity of goods demanded or there is over production, which result to fall in prices. Industries will be affected and the may cause lay off of workers of the Industries that are affected.
G) Under Employment:
This type of employment result when a workers potential is under utilized or when a worker is paid less than the effort puts on the job. E.g. A graduate doing the work of a cleaner.
How To Get The Complete Material For “Economic Effect Of Unemployment In The Nigeria Economy (A Study Of Enugu State)“
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Economic Effect Of Unemployment In The Nigeria Economy (A Study Of Enugu State)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
Need a Different Topic? Perform a Quick Search