Analysis Of Problems In Training Today’s Secretary For Higher Productivity In Selected Academic Institutions In Nigeria
The study give a suitable detail of the problem of employees motivation and public sector performance. It is obvious that most organizations are affected with this problem of motivation.
The project entails how employees in a particular corporation can be motivated to yield maximum output on productivity. The significant of study is stated on hw to help in any prastatals and industries in the country.
Finally, the objectives of the study include among other things are:
- To ascertain whether the supervisor style has and effect on motivation in Nigeria industry corporation.
- To find out whether highly motivate staff achieve success in the absence of good place or effective organization structure.
- To find out whether motivation can lead to an organizational effectiveness in Nigeria country.
- To unravel the defects of the motivational measure in organizational company in Nigeria.
- To offered suggestion on how best to use motivational tools on organizational company workers to achieves greater output.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Approval page
- Table of contents
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of Problem
- 1.3 Objectives of the study
- 1.4 Research Questions
- 1.5 Significance of the study
- 1.6 Scope of the Study
- 1.7 Limitation of the study
- 1.8 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 Motivations defined
- 2.2 The process of operating conducting
- 2.3 Theories of motivation
- 2.4 Other theories of motivation
- 2.5 Programmes for employment motivation
- 2.6 Employee motivation
- 2.7 Employee motivation in public sector
- 2.8 Job performance versus job satisfaction
- 2.9 Operating conditions.
3.0 Research Design and Methodology
- 3.1 Sources of Data
- 3.2 Method of data collection
- 3.3 Sample size
- 3.4 Method of data Analysis
4.0 Presentation and Analysis of Data
- 4.1 Presentation of data
- 4.2 distribution and returns of questionnaires
- 4.3 Data presentation and analysis
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
- 5.1 Summary of Findings
- 5.2 Conclusions
- 5.3 Recommendations
1.1 Background Of The Study
The training of secretaries in Polyphonic and tertiary level in general, have created an outstanding society expectation on the ability of Polytechnic and other similar training institutions to procure secretaries who are competent and effective for the over growing and dynamic business world.
There is therefore, need to produce secretaries who will never be wanting in their jobs secretaries who are all knowing in their professional areas and above all, secretaries who are capable of depending their certificates and qualifications which they have obtained whenever they are called upon. This is aimed at avoiding the failures and criticism associated with producing half-baked and incompetent secretaries who cannot cope with the increasing demands off the job title.
The secretarial studies curriculum has spen out attainable speed skills in the two core course in secretarial training “shorthand and “typewriting” hence 100wpm and 50wpm for shorthand and typewriting respectively have pre-requisites for the award of National Diploma (ND) certificate. Apart from a sound knowledge of shorthand and typewriting, the curriculum also provides for instruction in secretarial studies, office practice, business communication and business law. However, the school system has been beset with problems and constructions.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem:
The poor performance of graduate secretaries in their places of work have become a source of carry to both school administrators, secretarial studies lectures as well as students of all over the country.
Polytechnics and other training institutions tend to produce secretaries who cannot easily cope with job, demands of both present-day business. Certain factors might be responsible for this position. Research studies carried out in the past concerning shorthand learning identified students lack of interest in the subjects as well as lack of adequate finding as the subjects (Ugorji 1991), that this is so when students lacks interest and poor funding skill the major problems and constraints militating against the effective training of secretaries today?
This study attempts to generate data in answer to the above question.
1.3 Purpose Of The Study
This study was designed to discover the problems and constraints in training today’ secretary for higher productivity, specifically, the study will attempt to. Evaluate the adequacy and relevance of instructional facilities available for teaching cover subjects.
Determine the adequacy and relevance of the secretarial study curriculum.
Evaluate the adequacy of staff in the training of today secretary for higher productivity.
1.4 Research Questions:
The following research questions were used in the study
- Are the instructional materials for teaching the core course adequate and relevant?
- Are the members of qualified and competent teaching staff adequate?
- How adequate and relevant is the curriculum for the teaching of secretarial programmes?
1.5 Significance Of The Study.
The identification of problem is a major step to solving. The study will identify the problems as to prove way for their solution.
Secretarial training institutions will become aware of the problems and constraint this making steps to avoid such trainee secretaries as well as sponsoring bodies will also become aware of these problems and solve them. This will make future secretaries have the requisite skills, which can enhance their productivity in the industries.
This study covered the two secretarial training institutions in Imo and Abia State Namely:-
Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri, and Abia State Polytechnic Aba.
The study is focused on the analysis of the problems that may affect the training today’s secretaries in core subjects.
Summary Of Findings, Conclusions And Recommendations
5.1 Summary Of Findings:
Having analyzed the data presented, the following findings were made.
- Manual typewriters are adequately but the moden electronic equipment like computers, word processor, electronics typewrites. Dictating machines, etc are not adequate for the teaching secretarial programme.
- The electronics typewriting workshop is not adequate for one com of the class plus five for standby
- The modern office /office practice laboratory is not adequate for one arm of the class plus five for standby
- There are no visual centre in the polytechnics
- The quality and quantity of teaching staff are grossly inadequate in schools.
- Relevant textbook for teaching and learning of secretarial studies are adequate and available
- The curriculum for teaching secretarial studies is fairly
Having analyzed the data for this study, the researcher concludes as follows?
- Manual typewriters, are adeaute for the training of secretarial programme, but modern electronic equipment like computers and duplicators are not adequate.
- Highly qualified and competent staff are inadequate in schools.
- The curriculums for the teaching of secretaries progrmme are still fairly adequate.
Based on the findings, the following recommendations were made.
- Secretarial training institution, should endeavor to acquire adequate electronic typewriter, computers, word processors, for the treeing of secretaries because secretaries who do not have knowledge of these modern machines can no longer fit modern offices.
- The institutions offering secretarial pgorammes should as a matte of urgency establish an integrated audio visual center and modern office/ office practice laboratories well equipped with modern information technology equipment
- Highly qualified and more competent business teachers are to be recruited for the teaching of secretarial programmes and more frings benefits given to then in other to retain them.
- The curriculum for the training of secretarial programmes is to be revised and more contract hours be allocated for the introduction to computer, word processing and office information system.
How To Get The Complete Material For Analysis Of Problems In Training Today’s Secretary For Higher Productivity In Selected Academic Institutions In Nigeria
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Analysis Of Problems In Training Today’s Secretary For Higher Productivity In Selected Academic Institutions In Nigeria
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply