Route Survey Of 4Km From Nkwoemeke To Ubowala Emekuku In Owerri North Local Government Area Of Imo State
This project was carried out in Emekuku ranging from Ubowala Autonomous Community in Owerri North to Umuaguru Isinkor in Ikeduru Local Government Area of Imo State, covering a distance of 4,558.065 meters (4km). The method used in carrying out the project was integrated approach which involves 3D data acquisition by the combination of traversing and trigonometric heighting using total station.
It is also carried out to acquire data for design and construction of works such as roads, railways, pipe lines, canals etc. Various instruments/tools were used to enable data capturing for the prosecution of the project in order to check met the amount of accuracy obtained. The instrument used for this project is total station kolida (KTS 44-2L), it reads in 5 seconds, it was used in carrying out traversing and cross section of the study area.
Various test such as horizontal collimation test were carried out before the commencement of the project. Temporally Benchmarks were established using hand held GPS at the starting point, change point and at the end of the 4,558.065 meters (4km) chainage. The height of all points including the beginning of curve was determined with total station and reflector as a target.
The cross-section was run with total station at every 25m interval along the line of the road. The data acquired on course of this project was used to plot the longitudinal profile of the road using Auto Card for plotting, Goecal for the computation and survey soft with a scale of 1:3500 respectively.
Ten (10) personnel were involved in the project exercise. The project write up consists of five chapters. Chapter one is introduction, chapter two shows the literature review, chapter three explains the method of data acquisition, chapter four focuses on analysis of results and chapter five states the problems encountered, summary, conclusion, recommendations, and references.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Table of contents
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Aim
- 1.3 Objectives
- 1.4 Scope of study
- 1.5 Study area
- 1.6 Other miscellaneous service
2.0 Literature review
- 3.1 Reconnaissance
- 3.1.1 Office reconnaissance
- 3.1.2 Field reconnaissance
- 3.1.3 Data acquisition
- 3.2 Instruments used
- 3.3 Personnel
- 3.4 Instrument test
- 3.4.1 Horizontal collimation test
- 3.4.2 Optical plumet test
- 3.4.3 Total station EDM test
- 3.5 Traversing
- 3.6 Linear measurement
- 3.7 Leveling
- 3.8 Detailing
4.0 Data Analysis Processing And Presentation
- 4.1 Preambles
- 4.2 Linear measurement reduction
- 4.3 Computation of co-ordinate
- 4.4 Computation of initial bearing
- 4.5 Computation of unadjusted co-ordinate
- 4.6 Computation of final co-ordinate
- 4.7 Data presentation
- 4.8 Plotting of traverse
- 4.8.1 Procedure for plotting of profile using land development involves the following steps
- 4.8.2 Entity / layer creation
5.0 Summary, Problem encountered, Recommendations and Conclusion
- 5.1 Summary
- 5.2 Problem encountered
- 5.3 Conclusion
1.1 Background Of The Study
A route survey is collection operation to gather information about the proposed route of a roadway, utility pipe or railway.
The details of the method of surveying to be used in a given project depends upon the topography, the nature of the project and other factors.
In this modern age, the goods system of transportation has actually become a measure of country’s economic and social development. While discussing the effect of good transportation system, it may be said that the increase in productivity and efficient transportation can lower the cost of production; the transportation cost is always an influencing factors of cost of commodity.
Route survey involves activities like planning, designing and execution of survey for the location design, construction operation and maintenance of good engineering project.
Route survey is required for all phase of planning designing and construction of transportation facilities. The rehabilitation of existing road include the terrain data design, the engineer should prepare the plan with specification deferring the work to be done vividly.
Seeing the fact that state government has limited resources to carter for the survey needs of the state, the department of surveying and geoinformatics federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri sees it as a wise decision to contribute towards the national development by helping in construction of 4KM road in Emekuku Owerri north L.G.A to Umuagwu Isinkwo in Ikeduru Imo State through surveying of the road.
The data collected can a well be submitted to ministry of work as a record which could be reviewed wherever the state government wants to embark on the maintenance of this road. Subsequently, this project was allocated to a particular group in the award of higher national diploma (HND) this project was carried out using total station, measuring tape, GPS, reflector.
1.2 Aim of Study
The aim of this project is to gather relevant information of the said route by determining the longitudinal section for profile, along Umuagwuisinkwo North Local Government Areas in Imo State; keeping in view the method and technology of achieving a successful route /road construction project and the stand and of these road construction project.
1.3 Objectives Of Study
- To analysis process and present the data in digital format.
- To design the formation level of the road and also the cut and fill.
- To provide formation (data) that are needed to show or portray the nature of terrain along the centre line of the road.
- To provide information needed for the construction of the route.
1.4 Scope Of The Study
The scope of this covers the total distances of about 4KM. it started at Emekuku chainage 0+00 and ended at Umugwuisisnkwo it involve route surveying methods and techniques using the following operation.
- Traversing along the centre line of the route.
- Profile leveling
- Production of plan using Microsoft excel and survey soft and plot the following survey.
1.5 Study Area
The project site is located at Emekuku in Owerri north to Umuagwuisinkwo Local government in Ikeduru Area of Imo State.
Coordinate Of Emekuku
Latitude coordinate 50 28’ 14”
Longitude coordinate 70 06’ 13”
1.6 Other Miscellaneous Services
- Survey to show the final product of the construction
- Survey to find out what the existing condition is (preliminary survey)
- Survey to monitor determination of the project (post excavation survey).
- Survey to stakeout the processed data on the ground (location survey).
5.0 Summary, Problem Encountered, Recommendation And Conclusion
This is the preview of the accomplishment of task executed on this project. The project titled Route survey of 4km road from Nkwo Emeke to Ubowalla in Owerri North local Government area, the route survey under the specification of the third order traverse in which case an accuracy of 1/1700 will suffice. The relevant survey methods were adopted to achieve desired result, such as traversing and detailing. The traversing aided in the establishment of horizontal control network using total station and it accessories outlined in chapter three.
With the aid of detailing all the features along the alignment of the route and road intersection, true horizontal position on ground were taken
5.2 Problem Encountered
On the course of carrying out this project, various problems were encountered such as
- There was no existing base map of the project alignment from institution concerned hence there was difficulties in our pre planning stage
- As a result of project location area from the institution, there was logistical problem in carrying out the project.
- The weather condition also delayed on field observation, as the instrument has to be packed up when ever it tends to rain.
- Poor communication in course of the exercise
- Base map of any project area should be provided for the student by relevant authority in the school in order to help them in carrying out a proper research.
- A close study area should be approved for the student that is within their reach, in order to minimize the course of financing the project.
- In terms of weather condition, umbrella should be provided for the student in order to avoid excessive heat/rain on the instrument, which may course mal-functioning of the instrument.
- In communication, relevant, authority should provide for the student equipment like walkie- talkie which will aid in good communication between the instrument man and staff man during observation.
Like in all construction work, surveying is the preliminary programmed for all road construction rehabilitation projects. From the above statement and analysis of various states of these projects, the desired results were obtained, and the objective of embarking on the project was met.
The items submitted include the following:
Field Sheet, computation Sheet, Plan, the project area map, and report.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Route Survey Of 4Km From Nkwoemeke To Ubowala Emekuku In Owerri North Local Government Area Of Imo State
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply