Role Of E- Commerce In Improving Customers Satisfaction (A Case Study Of Jumia)
The research provides a conceptual and theoretical study on the role of E-commerce in improving customer s satisfaction . it elucidate on the nature, forms and significance of e-commerce Business. And depicts the impact of E- commerce on customer satisfaction. The research also provides a case analysis of Jumai.
E-commerce businesses may employ some or all of the following:
- Online shopping web sites for retail sales direct to consumers
- Providing or participating in online marketplaces, which process third-party business-to-consumer or consumer-to-consumer sales
- Business-to-business buying and selling
- Gathering and using demographic data through web contacts and social media
- Business-to-business electronic data interchange
- Marketing to prospective and established customers by e-mail or fax (for example, with newsletters)
- Engaging in retail for launching new products and services for launching new products and services
1.1 Background Of The Study
The use of e-commerce websites can lead to accepting and satisfying intentions and then influence customer satisfaction behavior towards an e-commerce website Customer satisfaction is how satisfied a customer is with the supplied product/service. It is closely related to interpersonal trust [Geyskens, Steenkamp, Scheer, and Kumar 1996].
[Zins 2001], stated , it is expected that a higher level of customer satisfaction will lead to greater loyalty. However, the impact of satisfaction on customer loyalty is rather complex. Fisher  believes that customer satisfaction accounts for only part of why people change product or service providers. Other studies have shown that customer satisfaction is a leading factor in determining loyalty [Anderson and Lehmann 1994]. Anderson and Srinivasan  found that both trust and perceived value, as developed by the company, significantly accentuate the impact of satisfaction on e-Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, VOL 12, NO 1, 2011 Page 81commerce loyalty. In a more recent study by Cyr  it was found that website satisfaction is strongly related to loyalty in three countries: Canada, Germany, and China.
Generally, loyalty has been defined as the repeat purchasing frequency or the relative volume of same-brand purchasing. Oliver  defines customer loyalty as a deeply held commitment to re-buy or re-patronize a preferred product/service consistently in the future, thereby causing repetitive same brand or same brand set purchasing, despite situational influences and marketing efforts having the potential to cause switching behavior. In e-commerce, loyal customers are considered extremely valuable. Today, e-retailers are seeking information on how to build customer loyalty. Loyal customers not only require more information themselves, but they serve as an information source for other customers. Building customer loyalty is one of the biggest challenges for business to customer e-commerce. Several antecedents of customer loyalty have been proposed. Customer satisfaction and trust have been brought forward as a precondition for patronage behavior [Pavlou 2003] and the development of long-term customer relationships [Papadopoulou, Andreou, Kanellis, and Martakos 2001].
The study by Kassim and Ismail  found that services quality and vendor’s assurance to online customers, contribute to building trust and satisfaction thereby improving customer loyalty. These study shall therefore determine the role of e-commerce in improving customer service.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
E-commerce constitute a significant business process of transacting modern business services as vast population of people are hooked to online services through the internet and various websites.
However, creating customer satisfaction is pivotal to enhance customer loyalty and repeat patronage which is dependent on a number of factors.
The problem confronting this research is to investigate the role of e-commerce in improving customer satisfaction. With a case study of JUMAI
1.3 Research Question
- What is the nature of e-commerce?
- What is customer satisfaction and what factors determine customer satisfaction in e-commerce?
- What is the role of e-commerce In improving customer satisfaction?
- How does JUMAI e-commerce improve customer satisfaction?
1.4 Objective Of The Study
- To appraise the nature of e- commerce business services
- To appraise customer satisfaction and factors determining customer satisfaction
- To determine the role of e-commerce in improving customer satisfaction
- To determine the JUMAI e-commerce services in improving customer satisfaction
1.5 Significance Of The Study
- The study shall provide a conceptual and theoretical appraisal of the nature of e- commerce
- The study shall determine the role of e-commerce in improving customer satisfaction
- The study shall provide information on e-commerce to organizations, IT professionals, and Business managers
1.6 Statement Of Hypothesis
- H0 E-commerce product/service of JUMAI does not have significant impact on customer satisfaction
H1 E-commerce product/service of JUMAI have significant impact on customer satisfaction
- H0 E-commerce security feature of JUMAI does not have significant impact on customer satisfaction
H1 E-commerce security feature of JUMAI have significant impact on customer satisfaction
- H0 E-commerce user interface of JUMAI does not have significant impact on customer satisfaction
HI E-commerce user interface of JUMAI have significant impact on customer satisfaction
1.7 Scope Of The Study
The study focuses on the role of e-commerce in improving customer service. It provides a conceptual and theoretical appraisal of the nature of e-commerce and the factors which determine customer satisfaction in e-commerce
1.8 Definition Of Terms
E-Commerce Is Defined
E-commerce is a short term for electronic commerce, It consist of trading in products or services using computer networks, such as the Internet. Electronic commerce draws on technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems. Modern electronic commerce typically uses the World Wide Web for at least one part of the transaction’s life cycle, although it may also use other technologies such as e-mail.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Role Of E- Commerce In Improving Customers Satisfaction (A Case Study Of Jumia)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply