Evaluation Of Strategies Used In The Distribution Of Bread
This research project focuses on the need for evaluation of their strategies used in the distribution of bread in Owerri Urban.
Chapter one begins with general description of the study and it examines the underlying problems that clearly to the research study and clearly states the purpose of the project. It sets the hypothesis of the project. It sets the hypothesis of the project study and enumerates the significance of study and sets the scope and limitations of the research.
Chapter two tells about the historical background of trips foods and Vego bread industries in Owerri Urban used as a case study and the opinions and views of experts in both management and marketing and distributions are reviewed to enable the result of the research to be compared with the dreadly held views of these experts.
Chapter three is about research methodology the explains the techniques and instruments used in collecting data for the research.
The questionnaire is the instrument used in collecting he primary data needed. The entire staff of trips foods and vego bread industries in Owerri Urban constituted the population of the study of which a sample was chosen.
Chapter four deals with presentations and analysis of data and this is done in accordance with research questions. And chi-square (X2)is used in testing the hypothesis of the research. Under each there is decision rule and verification.
Chapter five is the summary, conclusions and Recommendation of the project. One of the findings is that inability to apply strategic distribution in marketing their product concept lead to low profitability. And the researcher recommended that strategic distribution management should be in the marketing / distribution in order to improve profitability. And also strategic distribution management can be likened to the marketing concept.
1.1 Background Of The Study
The need for the evaluation of strategies used in the distribution of bread in Owerri urban can not be over emphasized in this topic. This will enable one to know why some brands are more popular than the others.
In this study, the researcher went as far as evaluating the various level of strategies used by bread industries in the distribution of bread in Owerri urban.
Having taken a survey of trips foods bread industry which is located at lkenegbu Owerri urban and Vego bread industry which is also located at lkenegbu extension in Owerri urban, on their mode of distribution which points towards the use of mini-buses, vans etc. this methods of using mini-buses and small vans are been applied by both. Trips foods bread and vego bread industries convey their product from the point of manufacturing ie plant (factory) to their various customer and at distribution and sales points.
Strategic distribution, as a concept which had gained general acceptance over the years in industries as a convenient description of the whole range of activities which takes place after goods have been produced and before they reach their final consumers.
This is important function of an industry especially the purchasing and supply department or section to relate to the management of an industry/organization and this has to do with adequate planning. Organizing vehicle scheduling and this deals with factors such as reliability, durability, quality and also environment of the business.
An evaluation of strategies used by trips foods bread and vego bread industries are systems that involves an area of potentially high cost savings, improvement o sits and customers satisfactions.
Strategic distribution plans deals with the designing of a well distribution arrangement that minimize the total cost of providing a designed level of customer satisfaction. Koler (1984:600)
1.2 Statement Of The Problems Of The Study
Trips food bread and vego bread industries are been shuddered with a lot of problems in the making and especially distribution of their product (bread). This research which largely draw facts from both industries comparatively analyzes them, was able to identify among other things the following problems:
- Inadequate time input and intensive labor input
- Inadequate finance for the procurement of higher equipment that will facilitate the production of products for distribution
- Non-existence of a standard distribution department in the industries.
- Lack of strict adherence of distribution rules and ethics
- Problems of modernizing the overall distribution strategies
- Lack of well trained and professionally qualified distribution personnel in the industries
1.3 The Objective Of The Study
The main choice or arm of the researcher in this objective of study is to investigate and research on the need for the evaluation of strategies used in the distribution of bread in Owerri urban with a survey of trips food bread and vego bread industries, the objectives of this study is stated below:
- To determine if the evaluation of the strategies used in the distribution of bread in Owerri urban can help to increase distribution and sales.
- To examine how the need for evolution of strategies used in the distribution of bread is applied in trips food bread and vego bread industries
- To ascertain the effect of such application on the bread industries in general and the distribution department in particular.
- To determine if strategies distribution method can enhance, industries competitive ability
- To determine if strategies distribution system can help to maximize profit
- To establish whether the need for the evaluation of the strategies used in the distribution of bread in Owerri urban is relevant in furthering the course of supply and delivery.
1.4 Significance Of The Study
The researcher having identified some of the problems facing the distribution function in trips foods and vego bread industries. The significance of the researcher therefore includes among other things as
- To the partial fulfillment of award of Higher National Diploma (HND). And how strategies distribution system work hand in hand with the purchasing section to achieve greater industrial efficiency.
- To help research students in future to get exposed to read practical experience in the field and also as a reference for the purpose of solving distribution function problems
- To establish the need for a standard distribution department.
- To find ways and means of reducing unethical behaviors in the distribution functions and adherence to the procedures and policies of the functions
- To make appropriate recommendations which is well implemented that will ensure a greater distribution contributions to economic development of bread industries like trips foods and vego bread industries
1.5 Research Question
The research questions for this survey are:
- The strategies distribution of brad system if not properly enforce can it lead to lower industries competition ability?
- The inability to apply strategic distribution system in bread industries can it lead to low profitability in a bread industry.
- The evaluation of strategies used in distribution bread in Owerri urban if not adherence can it creates low productivity/sales?
- Strategic distribution system in trips foods and vego bread industries can it be able to bring about increase in production volume, thereby increasing the level of profitability?
- Strategic distribution system in bread industries like trips foods and vego bread industries can it really be able to impact an industrial growth and survival in its environment
- H.o: The distribution system of trips foods and vego bread industries is not competitive and cannot compare favorably with what is obtainable in the bread industries.
H.1: The distribution system of trips foods and vego bread industries is competitive and can compare favorably with what is obtainable in the bread industries.
- H.O: Customers are not aware of the industries products and where to get them.
H.1: Customers are aware of the products and where to get them
- H.O: The product quality of trips foods and vego bread industries is not accepted within the Owerri urban standard.
H.1: The product quality of trips foods and vego brad industries are accepted within the Owerri urban standard.
1.7 Scope Of The Study
The researcher did not find it easy to cover or survey many bread industries so the focus was based on trips foods bread industry and vego bread industry both in ikenegbu Owerri urban of Imo State.
The scope will cover the evaluation of all level of strategies used in the distribution of bread, the distribution activities centers, the objectives of strategic distribution of bread in Owerri urban. The problems encountered in the distribution of bread and its benefits, the planning procedures and industrial policies guiding the distribution system as to achieve and efficient delivery of bread in their sales points and centers in and out of Owerri urban.
1.8 Limitations Of The Study
In the course of executing this research work, the researcher was confronted with many problems such as constraints posed by the following:
1. Inadequacy Of Funds:
Insufficient funds delayed the researcher the ability to start-up the survey work early, funds to enable the researcher to engage in frequent visit to both trips foods and vego bread industries, so as to gather more facts and for investigations.
2. Time Constraints:
Due to tight schedule from school activities like lecturers to attained assignment to write etc. The researcher fined it difficult to combine the both.
3. Scarcity Of Material:
The unavailability of material enough relevant. Materials in the school’s library. The researcher had to traveled to other nearby schools library and state and efficient academic materials for the project.
4. Retrieval And Distribution Problems:
The questionnaires distributed, which has to do with the researchers ability to investigate in the trips foods and vego bread industries was not an easy task due to the researcher’s right schedule. But the researcher limits her work to the above bread industries as her area of survey.
1.9 Operational Definition Of Terms
This is the person carrying out the survey.
This is the management game plan for strengthening the industry position, pleasing customers and achieving performance target.
This is the movement of product services from the factory to the ultimate and user (consumption points or customer)
This is the combination of one or more items in order to satisfy customer need and want. It can be raw material or finish product at the same time for different industries.
This involves the clothing, wrapping and boxing goods which provides the necessary production for commodities products.
This is a function which has to do with the transportation of finished goods/products from the supplier to the buyer
This is a process of effectively planning transport routes so that delivery of the required order is carried out on timely.
This is a group of firms that engaged in particular product e.g. bread, textile, beverage etc.
Evaluation Of Strategies Used In The Distribution Of Bread
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Evaluation Of Strategies Used In The Distribution Of Bread
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “Evaluation Of Strategies Used In The Distribution Of Bread” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Evaluation Of Strategies Used In The Distribution Of Bread” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.