The Impact Of Computer Application In Modern Day Banking System In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Union Bank Nigeria Plc Ilorin)
This survey carried out in order to access the attitudes and order to know of actually computer applications can be said to have achieved its objectives.
Mention was made about the meaning, impact nature as well as the purpose of computer application activities on consumer’s patronage and the statement of the hypothesis. Literature review was carried out in which various relevant terms were defined. More over computer application activities itself was extensively discussed.
The research methodology carriedout was together with some facts useful for the conduct of the study in this research questionnaire were used.
The data collected through the research will be also used or analyzed in addition with their interpretations.
Finally, certain conclusions will be drawn and useful recommendation will also be given to the company’s industries as a means of increasing its banking system volume and achieving other objectives desire.
1.1 Background to the study
The banking industry constitutes one of the pillars in which the economy of any nation rests. The computer has massive effect. On the nature, quality and structure of works almost everywhere there by becoming largely responsible for the emergency of the modern post industrial societies. Proper application of the computer is a major technical factor affecting organization efficiency and culture worldwide.
In the past decades, the introduction of workstation and powerful networking devices have put computer on the desk of offices. It has continues to play a central role in the operation of many corporations while other forms of computing are used in business in various capacities, the largest place in the e-banking environment such as banking health care government, insurance e.t.c.
The results of the use of computer union bank in banking sector include:
Electronic banking also use electronic technology as a substitute for cheque and other paper transactions.
Automatic teller machine- these are electronic terminal that permit banking transaction almost any time. To withdraw cash, make deposits or transfer fund, between accounts, the user generally insert the ATM card, enter the personal identification number (PIN).
The use of the ATM is increasing over the years.
3. Direct deposit:
It permit the user to authorize specific deposits, such as pay cheques and social security cheques, to the account on regular basic.
4. PC- Banking:
Personal computer banking permit customer to handle may banking transaction via- the pc. The customer may use the computer to view the account balance request, transfer between accounts and pay bills electronically.
5. Point of sale transfer:
This allows the user to pay for purchase with a debit card, which also may be the ATM card.
6. Paying bills on line:
This is a process whereby remote terminal is linked directly in to the processor.
The following are steps involves with setting yup an on-line paying program.
- First the user must decide if bills are going to be paid through the bank (assuming the banks offer the service) or through a third party vendor.
- Check out the on-line banking fees to help the user make the decision.
- Once the user have set up the account with the bill paying service provider, the user will have to input the address, homes and phone numbers of the payees, as well as the number for each of the accounts.
- Many banks offer lower checking accounts to customer who refer to bank ATM, phone or computer and every few charges on individual account access.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Bank and other financial institution to the channeling of funds from areas of surplus to area of deficit and there by ensure that no sector of the economy is neglected.
This is to assess the physical condition of the various facilities provided in the study area.
To examine strategies of the impact of computer application in modern day banking system in the study area ,this brings to tight the problem inherit(when the banking industry was without computer application) in the fact that a quality, a banking services that do not meet the expectation of customers dissatisfy them. Nwankwo G.O. in this book writes banking is a dynamic service industry which changes with and adopts to the changing requirement of the economy with its services.
For these transactions, computer can be employed in maintaining the records.
However, many people were still in debt whether the introduction of computer to the banking system could have many relative advantages the question thus is, what are those relative virtues of the computer over the manual system.
1.3 Aim and Objectives of the Study.
To examine the challenges due to the impact of computer application in modern day banking system with the view to improve upon computer application practices.
- To assess the physical condition of the various facilities provided in the study.
- To identify problems confronting the management of the property.
- To examine strategies of the computer application in the study area.
1.4 Significance of the Study
Most especially, this research project is not being carried out to bring out any significance; it may have with most especially, this research project is not being carried out tom bring out any significance, if may have with any other work already done in this area but mostly importantly, it is aimed at bringing out into focus, the challenges of the impact of computer application in union bank along saw mill odo okun, Ilorin.
1.5 Scope of the Study
There is always a limited scope in any research work. The scope of this research is therefore on impact of computer application using union bank along saw mill odo okun, Ilorin as a case study.
1.6 Limitation of the Study
Time constraint and finance were major limitation time constraint on the part of I writers of this project because I lacked adequate time to carry out necessary things and gathering all information needed.
Financial also barrier on the side of I writers of this project. Furthermore, the response of the respondents to the questions asked is not guaranteed, some may respond and respond correctly while others may not respond or even respond incorrectly.
5.0 Summary of Findings, Conclusion and Recommendation
5.1 Summary of Findings
After presenting all the data collected and analyzing them critically it can be summarized that problems encountered during management of computer application when the banking industry was without computer application system, from the response obtained from respondents, different solutions were proffered towards solving these problem. Some of these solutions include the provision of more computer application system, compliance to covenant contained in the bank agreement e.t.c.
The management of the bank should be by qualified values, the noble profession that are keenly exposed on pure management.
Finally, it is of the opinion and recommendation that value should be appointed and involved in management of computer application system because it needs the expert experience and training irrespective of what is on ground that the said property (Union Bank along saw mill odo okun) is owner managed.
The introduction of electronic computer to the banking system is the area of data processing opened up a new area of business environment.
At first, the computer was merely treated as a faster form of the existing mechanical aids. But later, it was realized that the computer made possible a completely approach the bank problems and their management.
The use of computer involves a much high degree of re – planning and control if the must be economical and profit earning, infact, the development of the use of computer as a sophisticated tool in modern methods of banking activities has imposed a requirement for a completely computerized banking industry.
In the final analysis. It’s obvious that the concept of computerization banking activities has come to stay in Nigeria banking system / commonly and the UNION BANK of no exception.
The research work had made it clear that the introduction of computer to the banking system was necessary since many of the activities would have been penalized if not for the emerge not of the computer. Thus, the following recommendation was made so as to promote and improve the computerization of the banking system most especially the union bank of Nigeria plc.
- The staff must commit themselves to enhance the degree of responsibility.
- There is need to set up staff training school on the uses of application of computer to the various section of the banks.
- Ensuring that staff understands relevance codes of conduct and ensuring that operation procedures and conditions meet these requirement.
- System must be updated in essential for the computer to succeed.
- Adequate and proper inspection should be carried out so as to avoid manipulation, classification and alteration of records.
- Review the financial statement prepare with the computer checking the consistency of related terms.
- Ensure that the receiving cashier does not has access to the ledger and also ensure that the ledger clerk does not handle cash.
- Check that rough cashbook and the final cashbook distinguished between cheque and cash received and that the totals of each correspond to the cash received
- Computer literary should be introduced to all management staff in respective of area of specialization.
- Computer rooms have to be kept under a conducive atmosphere condition to prevent damage and also ensure that the information recorded in the computer is not temper.
In addition to all these requirement spare parts of the computer should be readily available is case of any breakdown.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦5,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731
|Acc No: 1225513212
|Acc No: 8143831497
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS
|Make Payment of 120 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Cloud Osabutey | MTN MoMo
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Impact Of Computer Application In Modern Day Banking System In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Union Bank Nigeria Plc Ilorin)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply