Design And Implementation Of Car Rental System
Nowadays, there are online car renting services give much benefit to users in modern society. The existing of this manual system can overcome the problem of availability and provide convenience to the user in renting, car. The manual car rental system provides services only during office hour. So, customers have limited time to make any transactions or reservation of the cars. The existence of the online car rental systems nowadays has overcome the limitation of the business operation hour. Besides that, there are some customers who faced a problem in choosing car to be rented which suitable with some of the important requirements. Data matching technique is applied to the system to fulfil their needs. The system will match the data entered by users to advice or recommend car to be rented. However, user may choose either to accept the recommendation or they can view the car catalogue provided by the system to choose by their own. This system is functioned in retrieving, creating, updating and deleting the data or information depends on the security level and allows the organization to search user information from the database based on their identification card number. The system will be developed using .NET environment and Mysql.
1.0 Introduction to Car Rental System
Car Rental System (CRS) is a web based system for a company that rents out cars. This system enables the company to make their services available to the public through the internet and also keep records about their services.
The world has become a place where there is a lot of technological development; where every single thing done physically has been transformed into computerized form. Nowadays, people’s activities have been transformed into work done by computerized systems. One of which is the main target of this project which is about Car Rental System. The system of renting cars exist back in the previous years, were people rent cars for their personal reasons. Car renting is essential to many peoples’ plan to travel or move from one place to another for business purposes, tour, and visit or holidays, for these reasons Car renting is very helpful.
The starting point of Car renting is really unknown as said by Thomas Pretty; he also mentioned that many beliefs that Joe Saunders was the first man to start a Car renting company. According to Thomas Pretty, charges were calculated with the help of mileage tracking device. Many people became interested in the Car rental business and hence got involved. Car renting became more popular as years pass by. Today Car renting services is found all over the world, especially in the developed and developing countries. To make this service more popular and accessible to the public it has been transform into a web base system and connected to the internet were everyone can be able to have access to it.
1.1 Objectives of the Study
The main objectives of this project are:
- To develop a web based system that will help manage the business transactions of car renting.
- To help in advertising the car rental services of a company, through the availability of the system online.
1.2 Scope of the Study
The scope of this project is as follows:
- The car rental system to keep detail records of both the cars and the customers, the duration they rent car as well as the type of car they rent.
- The system will be mainly design for small a company that renders it car rental services to customers.
- The system will have the ability to generate and print invoice for each successful transaction.
Level of Access:
The system will have two levels of access:
- The administrator
1.3 Statement of Problem
The problem with some of the current system is that:
- Based on observations, some small companies already have a car rental system which is not a web based application. This is a limitation that gives them capability to store customer’s details, but at the same time they cannot make their services more available to the public through the internet, they rather make use of posters to advertise their services to the public. These types of companies can overcome these problems by switching to the web base application of their type of system.
- They also make use of phone call reservations which is also limited to many features as compare to a web base system. For example a customer may make a phone call reservation for a particular car, but when he/she comes to pick the car, he/she might turn not to like the car; this could be because the customer could not see a sample picture of the car he/she wants to rent
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of this project work, Car Rental System(CRS) is;
- Eliminate the manual methods used in automobile organization.
- Stores information of all cars in the organization.
- Management of all rented cars
- Provide complete details of rent and non-rent car.
1.5 Limitation of the Study
During this research work, there were lots of limitations and they include:
- Lack of enough information for the design of a new system, due to poor understanding of the effects of the uses of computer system.
- Error in data collected for the analysis and design of the new system.
- Distortion due to human factors such as stress, fatigue, sickness and weakness of the body within the period of this project work.
- Lack of enough funds.
1.6 Contribution to ICT
The contribution of this software to Information and Communication Technology is implementing an expert system software in the security system that will help in identifying an official car automatically. This act will boost ICT in the school and It will also increase the rate of computer literate in the society.
1.6 Definition of Technical Terms
Below are some technical terms uses in this project work:
Information and Communication Technology is often used as an extended synonym for information technology, but is a more specific term that stresses the role of unified communications and the integration of telecommunications (telephone lines and wireless signals), computers as well as necessary enterprise software, middleware, storage, and audio-visual systems, which enable users to access, store, transmit, and manipulate information.
Is a technology used to store complex structured and unstructured information used by a computer system. The initial use of the term was in connection with expert systems which were the first knowledge-based systems.
A mechanical or electrical device that performs or assists in the performance of human task, whether physical or computation.
Capable of being moved.
Set of computer components. That is an assembly of hardware, software and peripherals functioning together.
Series of instruction that perform a predefined task. Instructions that cause the hardware- the machines to do work.
A conveyance, a device for carrying or transporting substances, objects or individuals.
1.7 Organization of Chapters
This project work is ranges from chapter one to five chapters.
- Chapter one carries introduction of the topic, background of the study, statement of problem, scope of the study, limitation of the study, contribution to ICT, definition of technical terms and organization of chapters.
- Chapter two review some related literature review of the project.
- Chapter three explains the research methodology, the method adopted in doing the project work.
- Chapter four explain the system design and implementation, analysis of the present system, data flow diagram of the expected system and high level model of the expected system,
- Chapter five is the summary, recommendation
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
In this chapter, the summary of the whole work done in this project will be narrated and also in this chapter the conclusion and recommendation graph will be drawn.
5.2 Problems Encountered
In the process of executing this project work, the researchers encountered some problems, which include:
Incessant Power Failure
There was incessant power failure supply, which in no small way delayed the completion of this project. Some files were affected during power failure and they had to be rewritten and retyped.
Since the project work was carried along with our normal classroom academic work which include lectures, tests, assignments, as well as examination and so many other run around and since the project is mainly practical oriented which involve writing, debugging and running many program modules, it was not easy to combine all these effectively within the limited time frame, however, by the grace of God, was able to conclude the work within the required time frame.
Based on the research done, some car rental companies still use desktop application for their car rental services and thus making it to be limited to so many important feature that are not available unlike in the web based application where there are so many feature available. Also some upcoming companies do not only make use of these desktop applications, but also make use of phone call reservation, which is still lacking so many features that are needed for this type of system.
The most recommended solution to these problems is to implement a web based system that will have the features required for this kind of services or business.
In conclusion, the system will be able to serve as a web base application when it is finally developed, where these small upcoming companies can make use of it to publish their services in a wide range and also help the company to manage their service more effectively. On the other hand, it will enable customers to freely make their desire choice more freely and interactively.
How To Get The Complete Material For Design And Implementation Of Car Rental System
The complete material will be sent to your email address after payment
( Quick & Simple)
|FOR CLIENTS IN NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase (₦3,000)|
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|CLICK HERE to make purchase ($15)|
This research material “Design And Implementation Of Car Rental System” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Design And Implementation Of Car Rental System” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.