The Influence Of Advertising In The Marketing Of Nigeria Made Product (A Case Study Of Nestle Nigeria Plc)
The advertising for Nigerian made products has gained reasonable ground in the society of today than ever before. Advertising is a powerful marketing communication tools used by companies to fulfill the promotional task. It is an impersonal form of communication or presentation of goods, ideas or services conducted through paid media under open or identified sponsorship.
“The title of the project, the influence of advertising in the manufacturing of Nigeria made products and has its meaning and purpose that covers the project matter as in chapter one which is the introduction where I try to explain the limitation of works, definition of terms and others were considered and in chapter two is where the researcher reviewed the findings of the marketing of Nigeria made product, with the aid of may Nzeibe from business concord dated September 6th 1985 says the main function of advertising is communicating a message about a product a services or an idea.
As in chapter three which covers the researcher methodology which deals with the various ways of collection, information that will help improve the company.
And in chapter four which lead us to the presentation, analysis and interpretation of data, distribution and returns of questionnaire with some tables for a show while this takes us to the summarization of findings, recommendation and conclusion of this project.
Table Of Contents
- Title Page
- Approval Page
- Table of Contents
- 1.1 Background of the Study
- 1.2 Statement of the Problems
- 1.3 Research Questions
- 1.4 Scope of the Study
- 1.5 Significance of the Study
- 1.6 Limitation of Study
- 1.7 Definition of Terms
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 Ownership of the Rokana Industry
- 2.2 Market and Marketing
- 2.3 Sales Distribution
- 2.4 Product
- 2.5 Promotion
- 2.6 Distribution
- 2.7 Management Plans Towards the future
3.0 Research Methodology
- 3.1 Population of the Study
- 3.2 The Sampling Procedure
- 3.3 The Sample Size
- 3.4 Sources of Data
- 3.5 Analysis of Data
4.0 Discussion of Findings
- 4.1 Presentation and Analysis of Data
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1 Summary of Findings
- 5.2 Recommendation
- 5.3 Conclusion
To many people advertising is a familiar term which most often people tend to think of it only as a selling technique. But by itself advertising is a vital marketing tool that helps to sell goods, services, images and ideas through information and persuasion. However, taking a variety of terms for the purpose of this project, the best definition for advertising would probably be any paid form of non0personal presentation and promotion of ideas, goods and services by an identified sponsor. Much has been written of this subject, unfortunately, a considerable amount of what has been said is far more emotional than rational.
In this project, the researcher tries to be as realistic and objective as possible in knowing if advertising is a good thing as its campaigns would want us to believe? Is it a hard thing as the opponents say? Is it neither good nor bad except as each advertising uses it? In order to arrive at sensible answer to these questions it is necessary to understand the importance of advertising somebody hits on a new product ideas or a method of improving as existing product, money is raised to manufacture and market the invention.
Here, the manufacturer becomes the advertiser using conventional media to promote the manufacturer would want to sell more of it to people in different places.
Consequently, distribution is expanded and advertising is increased accordingly. At a point, advertising for the product becomes highly competitive that each manufacturer then seeks to develop his products to give the public more and better reason for buying them rather than that of his competition. It is a clear that advertising is a necessary and useful component of our modern society in economically, socially and politically.
And for this purpose, the research work covers the Rokana Industry Plc in Owerri and at Lagos.
1.1 Background Of The Study
Rokana Industry Plc was established in July 1970 and was being managed by foreign bodies known as manager from USA, Britain, Japan, Canada, Germany and California respectively. The industry is a manufacturing industry that began its full practiced production in 1971 and they produce things like Boarkle toothpaste, Jordan tooth brush, Natusan baby care lotion, shampoo, bath oil, powder, soap, lotion, wool and spancers furniture polish etc.
Because of indigenization policy which took place from 1972-1976 and 1978 in Nigeria, the white men handed over the industry to some capable Nigerian citizens to take control and manage while the white men takes upper share of the profit. Furthermore, the industry was handed over to the directors of trustees and some of them were officially promoted to high offices.
So Nigeria managers have been in control of the industry from then till now and they have ever been continuous in normal production and equally making their products not only known but available in the market.
Rokana industries Plc also has its ultra modern purpose built factory complex strategically located on the vast acre of land at Nekede on the outskirts of Owerri in Imo state. The complex presently houses four separate
manufacturing plants, complete with control facilities. The factory also accommodates the companies raw materials finished products warehouses, utility services plants, liquefied petroleum gas tank farm and factory administration office.
Therefore, the four existing manufacturing units at the factory are as follows:
- The plastic unit
- The aerosol unit
- The Lpa unit
- The cosmetic unit
1. The plastic unit
Currently producing toothbrushes dental stick/plague removers, plastic folders, card holders and some plastic components for the aerosol production line.
2. The aerosol unit
Is responsible for the production of insecticides, air freshener, perfumes, furniture polish and deodorants etc.
3. The Lpa unit
Refills domestic cooking gas cylinders for its various customers and also provides unstaunched gas as propellant to the aerosol production line.
4. The cosmetics unit
Has modern facilities for the production of toothpastes, baby care cosmetics, hair shampoo, skin lotions, cream and ointments.
Has adequate capacity for all its products and other complimentary productions on contract basis in both existing and new products developments the over riding objective is high quality and functional excellence hence all of Rokana’s products classify in the premium product segments.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
This research work focuses its attention on Rokana industry Plc one at Lagos, Owerri and its sales office and depots in Kano and Aba.
Attention based on advertiser and the uses i.e. the consumers on the part of the advertiser the project will investigate the influence of advertising on their products and the position of advertising in the overall marketing strategy. And also how it is being carried out and its benefits for the advertiser emphasis will be on the role execution of advertising and contributions if any to the economy.
The last but not the least is the consumer whom the advertisement are directed to their findings and how the perceptive these advertisement for the complete write up of this research work.
1.3 Statement Of The Objective
It is necessary that every work most have on objective purpose and therefore includes the following:
- To identify the problem associated with advertising Nigeria made products.
- To pin point the benefits of advertising to both the producers and consumers so they can view advertising as being beneficial.
- To identify the contribution of advertising to the development of their economic of any.
- 4. Improvement of advertising so that better result will be achieved to justify the increasing advertising budget.
- To draw influence from available primary and secondary data and make recommendations where necessary for improvement.
- To look into the past, consider the present and forecast the future as regards the prospects of advertising Nigeria made products.
1.4 Research Questions
Based on the statement of the problem and the statement of the objective, the following questions should be considered.
- Do you engage in advertising activities?
- Does advertising have significant influence?
- How often do you advertise?
- What department oversees the advertisement of the product?
- How does your company measure advertising effectiveness?
1.5 Significance Of The Study
The research in view says that the role of advertising in marketing of Nigeria made products cannot be over emphasized. Advertisement of the companies products create awareness of the product and equally motivate scale.
Thus, making organization to achieve their marketing objectives. Furthermore, this research is aimed at providing better understanding to the influence of advertising on the marketing of Nigeria made products and ways of advertising to generate increased [patronage.
1.6 Scope Of The Study
The scope of this study covered some places in Aba and Owerri where some Nigerian made products, manufacturers and advertising agencies are located with consumers distributed. This study was also limited to these two areas because of high cost involved.
The researcher therefore further assured that what obtains in one area could also be applicable on another area where there are advertising agencies and other Nigeria producers.
1.7 Limitation Of The Study
Carrying out any research work has never been easy and this one is no exception. In the course of this write up, a lot of constraints were encountered and some of them are:
A. Time Constraints
Time was one of the major limiting factors of this project. The writing of this project coincided with term papers, class assignments and other courses to be attended to. This work experienced a peculiar time constraint since most things involved moving out of the campus of periods when lectures were on.
B. Financial Constraints
A research work cost a lot of running about, such as visits to areas of interest and this could be done repeatedly before the sought information could be obtained, cost of materials and labour necessary for the completion of this study was high. So generating enough fund for the obligations was not an easy task and as such the process to the completion of this study cannot be looked at as a comfortable one.
C. Information Constraint
In Nigeria just like many other countries, collecting information concerning writer has never been easy nor encouraging either. It is of fact that an average Nigeria is suspicious and this takes the researcher extra time, effort and diplomacy to make people give out information. But a systematic approach and friendly position made the administration of question and security of interviews possible.
1.8 Definition Of Terms
The terms considered for definition in this research work are as follows:
Is the method of budgeting in which a firm decides arbitrarily hold much it can spend.
Is being addictive to a particular brand of product.
Act of writing the advertisement script.
The rate of which people see the advertisement.
Sound designed to attract attention in advertisement.
Is a well defined set of customers whose need the company plans to satisfy.
Is the systematic design; collection of analysis and reporting of data to finding relevant influence to a specific marketing situation facing the company.
Is any thing that can be offered to a market for attention, acquisition and consumption that might satisfy a need.
An intangible benefit that one party can offer to another without result in the ownership of anything.
Striking and easily remembered phrase in advertisement.
5.0 Summary Of Findings, Recommendation And Conclusion
5.1 Summaries Of Findings
This study is an empirical research work for which the basis of data collection involved extensive use of questionnaires and personal interview.
The companies used in writing this research work with are Rokana Industries Plc, Owerri, Aba and Kano. The advertising agencies used are Enic advertising Nigeria Ltd. Owerri and Sac advertising Nigeria Ltd. Aba. Two questionnaires were drawn up for the two i.e. one for the Nigeria producer and the other for the Nigeria agencies. Based on the information obtained from the analysis of the responses of the staff interviewed, the result of the findings summarized below.
- That the major problem associated with advertising in Nigeria products are costly because the cost of advertising in Nigeria is high.
- That advertising has helped Nigeria products in creating awareness among consumers of the companies products and from the increased sales the companies image have been made known to the outside world.
- That advertising has helped in the development of the country by creating employment for people in various agencies engage in different jobs performed in the agencies.
- That if advertising is left for professionals to handle or if it can adapt some of the advertising techniques and slogans and understandability is created among consumers. It is pertinent to note here that the future of advertising in the country is bright if professionals are allowed to practice it under the code and ethics of the profession.
- That if agencies are given free hand to choose appropriate concept for their advertisement, it would be better than what it is today.
- That the annual advertising budget is a necessary expenditure as it helps improve customers’ producer relationship.
Having seen the various troubles that is being encountered in advertising the Nigeria product, therefore the following recommendations are hereby made.
- Provision should be made whereby the agencies change less for their service. Government should encourage importers of advertising equipments by charging less import fees so that agencies can also charge less for their services because the less the charges the better for the small scale industries who want to advertise their products.
- Qualified personnel should be employed in various agencies to handle the various tasks involved in advertising so that better quality of advertising can be achieved.
- As more people gets educated and enlighten the effectiveness of advertising will increase and the quality of advertising will improve since the advertisers and agencies. The consumers will get to know the benefit of advertising to the producer, economy and society rather than regarding it as a manipulating instrument of manufacturers to sell their brands.
- Governments should set up a body that will check the activities of the agencies to make sure that their advertisements are of a particular standard and such that can appeal to customers.
- Nigeria producer’s should give the agencies a free hand to handle their advertisement for them since they are professionals and wish to retain their clients by producing advertising of a better quality.
- Agencies should take into considerations their market segment as to know what form of advertising media to be used to reach them effectively. Agencies should try to adapt and localize their campaign so that it can get to the grass root in the village by employing media such as cinema or mobile advertisements.
In the advertising industry, complaints arise from numerous clients concerning the advertising of their product or the services they render to the entire public. It is in view of these problems that some remedies have been suggested which will help to check the ugly situation nevertheless advertising has been regarded by many as a job which anybody can enter and leave freely. Without much difficulty or any harm done to the advertising business it is regrettably that those who have perceived advertising in this way and have accepted it as a partial career. It is now left to the customer in order to future very well in the marketing of Nigeria products. Remember that the consumer is highly sensitive to deceit and once he discover that he has been deceived, the finds if difficult to confide in any other advertiser.
However, advertising is not and should not be synonymous with deceiving rather it is act of telling the truth in an exciting, believable and appealing manner, cause anything short of that is an abuse of advert ethics and should be guarded against.
The Influence Of Advertising In The Marketing Of Nigeria Made Product (A Case Study Of Nestle Nigeria Plc)
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Influence Of Advertising In The Marketing Of Nigeria Made Product (A Case Study Of Nestle Nigeria Plc)
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “The Influence Of Advertising In The Marketing Of Nigeria Made Product (A Case Study Of Nestle Nigeria Plc)” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “The Influence Of Advertising In The Marketing Of Nigeria Made Product (A Case Study Of Nestle Nigeria Plc)” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.