Marketing Of Hotel Services
Marketing of hotel services is the project work, A case study of mac – davos hotel, marketing of hotel services is an important aspect of marketing, its domain is to ensure the available of service. So to identify those problem encountered in ensuring that good services are appropriately at the right place and at the time in right quality and right condition, the researcher AGBOIBO COSMAS .I. of the department of marketing, school of business studies, dealt with the marketing of hotel service in the hotel industry. The researcher was centered on Mac – Davos Hotel limited.
The study focus attention on the following
- To find out whether the price charge by Mac – Davos Hotel increase patronage.
- The marketing strategy employs by Mac – Davos in carrying out its activities in the Hotel industry has contributed to the level of customers satisfaction
- To also find out whether the quality of services rendered by Mac – Davos Hotel leads to increase of patronage.
Both primary and secondary data were collected to solve the research problems. The population of study compromised the customers of Mac – Davos Hotel limited and relevance staff.
The research instrument and method used for the collection of data were mainly questionnaire, oral interviews and of course the researcher personal observations. Table frequencies and percentage were also used in presenting and analyzing the collected data.
Chi – square statistics was used to test the various hypotheses. The following findings were made.
- It was being discovered that customers are satisfied with the quality of services rendered by Mac – Davos hotel.
- It was also discovered that, the price charged by Mac Davos hotel does not leads to an increase in customary patronage.
- It was discovered that, the promotional strategies adopted by Mac – Davos hotel leads to increased customers awareness.
Finally, based on the finding, the researcher recommended the following as the solution for arresting the situation.
- That Mac – Davos hotel should keep maintaining and modifying its method of service rendering
- That Mac – Davos hotel should revisit her pricing policy and reduce where necessary, price of some of her services especially accommodation.
- That the marketing strategies applied by Mac – Davos hotels should be maintained and improved with trend of the changing world of computer.
- It will be of great help if Mac – Davos hotels develops a method of getting complaint from customers.
1.1 Background Of The Study
In this nation today, as economic activities advance, marketing activities are changing fast. New markets are emerging, trading blocks are extending, and communication channels are diversified. Even selling of services are changing at revolutionary pace.
However, for any business organization to keep to pace, it must incorporate some element of marketing programmes into its programmes and policies. There fore , for us to effectively appreciate marketing of hotel services, it become imperative for us to understand what marketing, services and hotels are all about.
Marketing could be seen as a process of planning and executing the conception, pricing, promotion and distribution of ideas, goods and services to create exchanges that satisfy individuals and organizational goals.
According to Kotler the second European Edition, principle of Marketing, Marketing is a social and management process by which individuals and groups obtain what they need and want through creating and exchanging products and value with others. These would say marketing is living for customer through a firm and being sustained such firm.
A service is any activity or benefit that one party can offer to another which essentially intangible and does not result in ownership of anything. Activities such as rendering or rending a hotel, depositing money in a bank, traveling on an aero plane, visiting a doctor, getting a hair cut having a car repair. It is also important to note that many manufacturers also supply a range of services alongside their product, like distribution and delivery, equipment repair and maintenance, training programmes, technical consultant and maintenance.
Building where meals and rooms are provided for travelers. These services are usually offered and in return customers pay money for such services. Quality halls and rooms suite are provided such as swimming pools, complete business center, laundry services to mention few. Hotels in Nigeria offer important services and facilities such as lodging, accommodation (presidential suite, executive suite and master bedroom).
The word restaurant is used synonymous with hotel, both the basic difference is that a restaurant is a place where meals are prepared, served and eaten. Some restaurant are well equipped having television sets, musical sets etc, where customers can have relaxation and comfort. The increased challenges in hotel services has made it necessary for hotels to be more marketing oriented in thej cause of rendering their services. They aimed at satisfying customer’s needs and want as well as fulfilling their own organization goals.
Hotel management therefore can be defined as the application of marketing concept in the hotel industry so as to achieve more effective services to customers. There have been many changes and development in the hotel industry over the past years. Some of these change reflect on the economic, political and social life of customers.( with other change like technology). It was recently that hoteliers become more transformed and re – engineered to meet this present day trend hotel management.
Hotel industries are confronted with drastic competition to determine who will concern or win the customers patronage based on goods oriented services. In view of these, any hotel wishing to survive in the present day competition should endeavor to provide good and result oriented services to its vast customers and as such create better image of their organization. This help to boast the promotional activities of the company (to succeed in satisfying customers and building good will, for the organization)
A prepared application of marketing concept by any organization in its operation is very vital to the successful existence of such organization such as Mac –davos hotel. Marketing concept as a commercial process starts before production sets in it continues even after sales if form of after sales services long after the production have been sole and transferred to the customers. As concept, marketing philosophy focus more on the customer’s satisfaction as against other concept like the selling concept or production or product concept. Marketing concept coloring expresses the following
- Marketing needs profitability
- Finding want and fulfilling them
- Love the customers not the product.
To satisfy customers prepare, marketing must be put into place. But customers cannot satisfy effectively without knowing their needs. The essence of knowing customers is to be able to formulate marketing strategies (game plan) to create quality services that will lead to satisfaction and profitability for the customers and the organization respectively.
One of such services industry is the hotel service industry. Hotel may appeal to one or more customers segment among different levels of service. Hotel business as a tourist industry renders services to traveler and other customers as they go about their business and tourism.
1.2 Statement Of Problems
It is no exaggeration to say Mac – Davos Hotel, is one of the leading Hotels in Enugu. Although many hotels in Enugu are performing below standard, thereby making average performance appear magnificent this is not meeting the required patronage by numerous customers and probably Mac – Davos is not an exception.
One may be forced to believe that the low performance among various hotels in Enugu Metropolis may likely be as a result of non-application of effective marketing principles and strategies. Mac Davos in an attempt to increase the rate of patronage by offering better service and promotional activities has increased her cost without necessarily increasing the profitability of the hotel.
Note so, the hotel industry is becoming highly attractive and competitive. There are lots of big hotels in Enugu, operating on the same strategies with Mac Davos. The question now is how, how can (Mac Davos) Hotels improve its operation through marketing strategies. These and many other related question are the focus of this research work.
1.3 Objective Of The Study
The aim of this research is as follows.
- To find out if Mac-Davos Hotel is truly experiencing high percentage of customer patronage.
- To find out what marketing strategies Mac-Davos Hotel is applying that attracts more customer
- To find out why Mac-Davos Hotel is doing relatively well in creating awareness.
- To determine the effect of high charge of services on customers at Mac-Davos.
- To determine the impact marketing strategies used by Mac-Davos Hotel on its operations
- To determine the impact quality of service offer by Mac-Davos as it influence patronage
- To make recommendations of how to improve hotel management in Enugu.
1.4 Hypothesis Formulation
In order to give focus to the study the following hypothesis were formulated.
- Ho: The quality of services render by Mac – Davos Hotel Ltd dose not lead to increased customer patronage.
Hi: The quality of service render by Mac-Davos hotel Ltd lead to increase customer patronage.
- Ho: The cost of charges on services by Mac-Davos Hotel to customer.
Hi: The cost of charge on services by Mac-Davos Hotel to customer
- Ho: The marketing strategies applied by Mac-Davos Hotel lead to customer patronage.
Hi: The marketing strategies applied by Mac-Davos Hotel does not lead to customer patronage.
1.5 Scope Of The Study
This research work is directed toward the marketing of hotel services. Emphasis will be placed on the application of marketing strategies on a services industry such as the service industry. The institution of the study is Mac-Davos Hotel. Since the research is designed to assess how best marketing strategies can lead to increase satisfaction and maximization of profit for the customer and the hotel respectively.
1.6 Significance Of The Study
The finding of this research are expected to contribute to the following
- It will enable the researcher to how best to market hotel service
- It will be of great importance to researcher on the related topic
- To provide needed information to improve on the strategies available to Mac-Davos.
1.7 Limitation Of The Study
This work has been limited to Mac-Davos Hotel Enugu due to the short duration required to complete the research. Secondly the limitation of finance on the part of the researcher has also lead to restriction of this work to a hotel in Enugu. (Mac – Davos) However, a conclusion drawn from a hotel in Enugu can as well be applicable to other Hotel within Enugu Metropolis.
1.8 Definition Of Terms
Marketing could be defined as management process responsible for identifying customers requirement satisfactory and profitably for the customers and the organization respectively.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦5,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731
|Acc No: 1225513212
|Acc No: 8143831497
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS
|Make Payment of 120 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Cloud Osabutey | MTN MoMo
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Marketing Of Hotel Services
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply