Evaluating The Impact Of Marketing On The Service Of Banking Industry (Case Study Of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc.)
1.0 Background to the Study
Marketing as a discipline has evolved from its old origin of distribution and selling to a comprehensive modern philosophy of marketing. Thus marketing today is perceived as a cornerstone of policy and practice of small, big knowledgeable organizations including non profit making organization such as government parastatals, ministries etc. and non governmental organization such as Churches, Mosques who are seeing Marketing as a new way of looking at their relationship with their publics.
Marketing is usually identified with an economy of abundance where a nation produces for beyond the substance needs and in order to maintain competition advantages. Marketing is no longer a mere distribution and services, it has evolved into a central business function which tries to dynamically relate the organization to its markets and thus enable it to adjust and service the changing environment. The managers today are not only tasked with determining the price of a product or services rendered but also has to set targets, organize marketing instrument and control the various marketing mixes in order to achieve set objectives.
These customers’ requirements or needs can be tangible or intangibles i.e. Physical products and services.
Kotler, (2000) sees physical goods anything or product that is been offered to the customer or publics in order to meet customers needs and want which can be seen, touch, smell, taste and feel.
He further proposed that service is any activity or benefit that one party can offer to another that is essentially intangible and does not result in the ownership of any tangible or physical
Products. In a service organization, prices of services are not subjected to bargain or prior agreement which exposes the customers to possible exploitation by the service provider (oyebode: 2006).
The American Marketing Associations (AMA) defines marketing as a managerial process that is responsible for identifying, anticipating and satisfying customers requirement as a profit.
Organization is the coming together of two or more persons or companies to contribute wealth together with a common goal in order to achieve organizational objectives ( Kabiru: 2001). Therefore, marketing is very relevant in service organizational and the marketing activities to be used or introduced in a service organization is based on the organizational positioning, organization’s policy towards competitive advantage, most especially in the banking industry.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The problems of this study shall be expressed in the following questions;
- What is the relevance of Marketing in a service organization?
- What types of marketing mix are mostly favored in a service organization?
- Does the channel of distribution used help in goal realization in a service firm?
- How was the pricing policies helped in goal realization in service organization?
- How can Marketing strategies affect the customers’ patronage and their satisfaction in a service organization?
1.3 Aims and Objectives of the Study
The aim of this study is an examination of relevance of Marketing to service organization using a financial service firm as a case study.
Therefore, the following objectives shall be pursued:
- To find out whether the customers are satisfied with the kind of services being offered to them or not.
- To measure the reliability of the service rendered by a giving service organization, using a particular organization as case study.
- To examine whether the service rendered are affordable or expensive.
- To establish the correlation (if any) between the customers perceived satisfaction from the case study and other service products in the same industry.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of the study relates to the usefulness of this study, the various marketing activities performed by financial service organization. This research work is of significance to the researchers, students and the service organization.
- This study is of significance to the researcher in the following ways:
- The project gives the researcher the practical experience into relevance of Marketing to service organizations.
- It serves as political fulfillment of the requirement for the award of Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Accountancy
- It also adds to the researcher’s knowledge as it helps to know more about the subject matter.
- To the student at large, it will similarly serve as secondary data for student embarking on related research or further findings.
- To the service organizations, this research would be of great use to bankers and other financial service provider in designing and implementing of carefully designed marketing activities, thereby enhancing better performance.
1.5 Research Questions
In course of the study some questions under consideration are;
- Does Marketing have effect on the organizational strategy?
- What is the impact of Marketing on the service of the banking industry?
- What are the Marketing techniques that are most effective in the banking industry?
- How much does ATM improve service delivery in the banking industry?
1.6 Scope of the Study
This study is limited in scope i.e. the area of the study covered is the service organization used as a case study in order to examine the relevance of Marketing in a service organization. The theoretical scope of this study is satisfaction of customers by meeting their requirements, delivering of effective service to achieve marketing objectives’. The study will cover the first Bank of Nigeria Plc. In Ilorin, the Kwara State capital. The study is covering a banking industry within Ilorin metropolis which should be carried out within a minimum time which is a year.
1.7 Limitation and Constraints of the Study
During the execution of the research there are limitations and constraints. Some come from the customers and bankers who are the respondents, while others relate to finance and time constraints.
As it is obvious, many organizations do not spell out all records and make some information secrecy. This makes some information not being able to be obtained.
Also, the researcher is also faced with financial problems because of the high cost of internet browsing and cost of meeting the customers for information.
Lastly, the time factor in the sense that the research was conducted during the normal school period when one has to attend lectures and engage in other vital commitments such as seminars, symposiums, continuous assessment, test and examinations.
1.8 Solutions Provided to the Constraints of the Study
In order to obtain comprehensive information needed from the study. Apart from the information obtained from the website, various investigations where conducted through observations, questionnaire, among other source.
Furthermore, to curb the problem of finance, funds were raised through donations and rallies were also concluded.
Lastly, the time factor being a major problem, it was ensured that enough time was made available to conduct the project. Investigations conducted for the study was done mainly during the holding period.
1.9 Study Plan
The study is divided into five chapters, and each chapter is sub divided into sub parts.
- Chapter One contains introduction, background of the study, significance of the study, research questions, scope of the study, limitations, study plan and definition of keywords.
- Chapter Two contain or reveal all the associated literature.
- While chapter Three is purely research methodology.
- Chapter Four is concern with data presentation and analysis.
- Finally, chapter five which is the last chapter entails the summary, conclusion, recommendation, bibliography and appendices
1.10 Definition of Key Words
- Service Marketing
- Service Organization
Marketing is a philosophical concept stressing the identification of customer needs, the distribution of such needs in goods and services from point of production to the point of consumption, thus provides such customers with satisfaction and the desired profit through consumer satisfaction.
2. Service Marketing:
This is an aspect of management activity which seems to direct flow of service beneficiary to selected clients.
This is the coming together of two or more persons or companies to gather wealth and share a common goal in order to achieve organizational objectives.
4. Service Organization:
This comprises of individual organization or industry that provides activities, benefits and satisfaction for customer at a fee in abstract value.
This is any activity or benefit that one party can offer to another that is essentially intangible and does not result in the ownership of anything, its production may or may not be tied to a physical products.
5.0 Summary, Conclusion And Recommendation
The research has examined the relevance of marketing in a service organization and it has laid emphasis on the First Bank of Nigeria Plc, using it as the case study to expose the importance of marketing to service organization.
Chapter one of the study has studied in general, the researcher state the research problems, purpose of carrying out the research, the area of coverage, limitations and constraints, study plans and definition of key words.
Chapter Two is the literature review which gives the empirical review, theoretical review and the relevance’s of marketing to a service organization from past research works and marketing textbooks.
Chapter Three attempt to give brief history of the study and to provide the relevance method or services of which data used for the research was collected and used..
Chapter Four presents analysis and interprets the data collected and also test the research hypothesis.
It was discovered that marketing has effect on organizational performance of the case study. The findings further revealed that the case study has not successfully applied marketing strategy to achieve customer’s satisfaction.
Based on the findings of this study, the following conclusion can be made;
Marketing is relevant to all service organization. The application of marketing strategies should not be played with because these determine the success of such organization.
In other words, service organization should used marketing activities and strategies like product (service offered), price, promotion, physical, place (distribution), process, people and physical evidence in order to meet customers requirements. Furthermore, effective marketing activities need to be employed by the organization beyond the current level obtained in the organization.
Conclusively, the service organization should take marketing as its number One focus because it is the determinants whether the aims will be achieved or not.
The study recommends that the staff of First Bank of Nigeria Plc and other organization that render the same service should always listen to customers and grant their wishes. The price of the services, the availability to service must be affordable, reliable and encouraging for all types of customers. The staff must also be trained, organize seminars, workshops and conferences in order for them to acquire more knowledge about the usefulness of marketing strategies in their bank.
Both qualities require convenient service should be rendered by the bank and not qualities or convenient services alone.
Finally, honest and openness must not be communicated in hidden from the customers nor should there be any variation on the truth.
How To Get The Complete Material For Evaluating The Impact Of Marketing On The Service Of Banking Industry (Case Study Of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc.)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Evaluating The Impact Of Marketing On The Service Of Banking Industry (Case Study Of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc.)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply