The Role Of Accounting In The Control Of Government Expenditure
1.1 Background Of The Study
Accounting is said to be a language of business. Accounting is the act of recording, classifying and summarizing; analyzing, interpreting and reporting financial transaction. Every body in the society works with accounting concepts and information in their duty activities, whether preparing a household budget, balancing check book, prepaid income tax return, running an association or an organization. Therefore the owners and managements of any firms need accounting knowledge in order to understand what accounting is al about.
The major purpose of accounting is to provide financial information or records about an economic entity. In order to do this there is need of keeping track of the daily business activities. The methods used by a business to keep records of its periodic accounting reports comprises the accounting system is to create a systematic record of the everyday business transaction or activity in terms of many ways, such as follows;
- By writing with pen and pencil
- By printing with mechanical or electronic e.g digital computer
- By punching roles or making magnetic impressions cards or tape.
Accounting information can be created thus;
Accounting reports are usually rewered by users of accounting information. since the information needs of various users differ. It follows that the accounting system of a business eutity must be able to provide various types of accounting reports. The information in these reports must be presented in accordance with certain ground rules and assumption, so that users of the reports will be able to interpret the information propery.
1.2 Statement Of Problems
It has been said that accountants plays an important role in the control of government expenditure and this role they play have some effect. The problems inudering accountants from implemented effective control are stated below;
- Lack of understanding of the purpose of government accounting among the society in general and the following specific groups in particular, the policious, the administrations and a subsantial proportion of the accounting personnel in government.
- Lack of co-ordination between budgetring and accounting which are complimentary functions, non use of government accounts for budgeting function by the budget department.
- Shortage of qualified accounting staff due to lack of training facilities within and outside government.
- 4. difficulty of pusing through proposals of improvement in financial administration at both national, state and departmental levels.
- Failure to apply computerization effectively to the accounting systems.
- Accounting personnel poses inadequate accounting education, therefore poor undrstanding of the role of accounting function in government consequently cannot make desirable impact of the allnoties of his organization.
How To Get The Complete Material For “The Role Of Accounting In The Control Of Government Expenditure“
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Role Of Accounting In The Control Of Government Expenditure
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply