Ways Of Eradicating Communicable Diseases Among Primary School Pupils
This project work was designed to find out the communicable diseases among primary school pupils in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area. Communicable diseases are very common among primary pupils. Communicable diseases could be contacted and have effects in primary school pupils, which may include deformity and poor academic performance. Immunization can be used to control the spread of communicable diseases among school pupils.
1.1 Background Of The Study
In this era of technological advancement, there is a possibility for a fast association of knowledge in all fields of human endeavours. The health care delivery system of Ikpoba OkhaLocal Government is being geared towards aligning with the national goal on “health for all”. One way of achieving this goal is through the education of primary school pupils on better health care. This is certainly one of the domains of physical and health education. Health education is designed for primary school level to educate the pupils about common diseases in our immediate environment and their prevention.
Also health education can also bridge the gap, reduce some of our environmental hazards for the welfare of every citizen. It is well known that children are exposed to various hazards of communicable diseases, it is necessary to guide the children from these diseases. Therefore, the teacher should be very much concerned with the health welfare and survival of his pupils. Communicable diseases in the past have been “endemic” and now it has become “sporadic” because of the awareness of this study. As the name implies communicable disease is derived from the combination of two words, communicable and disease. Communicable is an illness that can be in exchanged, share, transmit or imparted.
Disease is an unfavourable condition of an organism caused by micro-organisms as a result of illness, disorder of the body or mind. Communicable diseases are sometimes referred to as infectious diseases. They are the diseases which are communicated from one person to another or from animals to man through personal contacts like air, water, dust or the use of personal belonging or families. The communicable diseases that are common in pupils in primary schools include; chicken pox, measles, cholera, whooping cough, typhoid, tuberculosis, craw-craw, poliomyelitis (infant paralysis). The research is intended to carryout the overview of communicable diseases among primary school pupils. It is also intended to give useful advice and suggestions to teachers in primary school in particular on how to prevent the spread of these communicable diseases among the pupils in primary school in Ikpoba OkhaLocal Government Area.
1.2 Statement Of Problem
This research intends to carryout an overview of communicable diseases among primary school pupils in Ikpoba OkhaLocal Government Area as a case study the researcher intend to do this under the following statement of problems.
- Are communicable diseases common among primary pupils in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area?
- Do the pupils in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area learn in a dirty environment that will lead to the spread of communicable diseases among them?
- Are the pupils and the teachers aware of the prevalence of communicable diseases in the primary school in the local government area?
- Does over population in primary schools lead to the spread of communicable diseases among students?
1.3 Purpose Of The Study
The purpose of writing this project is as follows;
- To identify the communicable diseases that is prevalent in primary schools in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area of Edo State.
- To find out the effects of communicable diseases on the pupils and the society at large.
- To outline the various causes of the diseases.
- To reduce and control the diseases among primary school pupils in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area of Edo State.
- To examine the nature and scope of communicable diseases.
1.4 Significance Of The Study
The importance of this study cannot be overemphasized.
- The study would also be of great help to the ministry of health and the government whose objectives of primary health care are preventive health and gradual eradication of these communicable diseases.
- It will help the teachers and the pupils to be aware of the commonest communicable diseases in Ikpoba Okha Local Government primary schools with the view of preventing their spread.
- It helps the teachers to prevent a crowdy classroom in order to give room for ventilation.
- It helps the teachers to care about the health of the students and to know how to treat the infected pupil.
- It helps in continuous training of teachers on disease control.
1.5 Research Questions
- What are the prevalent communicable diseases in the local government area?
- How can communicable diseases be controlled?
- Do communicable diseases have any effect on primary school children?
1.6 Scope Of The Study
The study is exclusively limited to the effects of common communicable diseases on the educational attainment of primary school pupils in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area of Edo State. It is possible to cover all communicable diseases within a short time, consequent upon this, the study is limited to the following diseases; measles, ringworm, and cholera.
1.7 Definition Of Terms
The following terms were used in this research work, many have different meaning to many people in different fields but for the purpose of this study.
The meanings of these terms are as follows.
They are the diseases which are passed from one person to another through water, air, dust etc.
These are diseases that cannot be spread through personal contact, water, dust, air, etc.
This is the ability or power possessed by children to resist infection.
This is loss of water and dissolved salt from the body.
This is a form of disease prevention involving the injection of a vaccine or an antiserum into the body of an organism in other to protect the organism from attack by a disease.
This is a form of disease prevention involving the administration of antigenic vaccine to stimulate the immune system of an individual to develop adaptive immunity to a disease.
This is an infectious disease characterized by the swelling of the neck and the cheek due to the inflammation of the parotid glands at the junction of the neck and the lower jaws
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
- 0811003731, Access Bank, Samphina Academy
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:
Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | 08143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Ways Of Eradicating Communicable Diseases Among Primary School Pupils
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | Terms and Conditions Apply
You may also like:
All the research materials on this website are ONLY for research purposes and should be used as guidelines in developing your research or project works. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing these materials is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng will only provide papers as a reference for your research. The papers ordered and produced should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of the papers should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own project. It is the aim of samphina.com.ng to only provide guidance by which the paper should be pursued. Use it as a guidance purpose only.