Treatment And Prevention Of Sexually Transmitted Disease: A Case Study Of Egor Local Government Area, Edo State
This project give a summary of the entire research study which was designed to find out the way and the way forward in the treatment and prevention of sexually transmitted disease in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State. This study include respondents in secondary schools, tertiary institutions, civil servants, traders, which were reviewed were the mode of transmission, factors predisposing youths to STD’s, the symptoms, treatment, diagnosis, prognosis, preventive measures of sexually transmitted disease, others include control and eradication.
The questionnaire was used as the research instrument: A total of 343 questionnaires were given to the respondents, analysis of data from the review of the questionnaires showed that abstinence from sex and faithfulness to one partners is the best prevention from STD, various recommendations were given which include the incorporations of sex, faithfulness to one partners, abstinence and parental guidance with regards to the youths.
1.1 Background Of The Study
Prior to the invention of modern medications, infectious disease were generally incurable, and treatment was limited to treating the symptoms of the disease sexually transmitted diseases has been known for hundred of years, but as we enter a new millennium, age old problems of the infectious disease continue to plague us. Very many have been eliminated, examples are syphilis and Tuberculosis. Overcrowding, environmental degradation, poverty often inflate these disease.
Many of these diseases may have arisen in the context of modern social trends. Perhaps the most frightened is the HIV and herpes disease unknown before the last eight decades of the twentieth century. This currently incurable virus has already infected more than 80% of the ordinary young adults population in parts of the sub-Saharan African an is rapidly spreading especially in the poorer and more socially unstable part of the world. However, syphilis is potentially one of the most controllable disease (STD). HIV is not nearly as transmissible as some other STD’s e.g. hepatics or gonorrhea. It is the cofactors of other STDs that largely explain the infectivity and prevalence of HIV.
According to the national institute of allergy and infectious diseases (NIAID) 2005 the prevalence of STDs shows 333 millions cases per annum. Anti-microbial treatment of some STDs is becoming increasingly problematic some strains of gonorrhea and chancrous are now resistant to all anti-biotic generally available in poorer countries. Despite anti-viral agents (and their combination) that have been developed to treat it, the vast proportion of STDs worldwide are not treated at all. This is affected by the cost of treatment.
1.2 Statement Of The Problems
This study attempts a critical examination of the prevention and treatment of sexually transmitted disease which causes problems like infertility, scarring of fallopian tubes, sterility, heart problems and disorders of the central nervous system, sexually transmitted diseases also causes pelvic inflammatory diseases, which can lead to ectopic pregnancy or the formation of abscesses, cervical cancer, blindness and even death.
1.3 Purpose Of The Study
The purpose of this study is to:
- Consider factors or means of prevention and treatments of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State.
- Pre-disposed youths to STDs.
- To assist partners or individuals in these localities discuss their sexual and STD history before having sex and to consider getting tested.
- To help individuals that are sexually active to understand the symptoms and how they are spread.
- To help the general population to understand the symptoms and how to diagnose the diseases.
1.4 Significance Of The Study
Sexually transmitted diseases is not what can be sign handled, it is hoped that when study is concluded suggestions will be offered to rewards the pr3eventive measures of these disease by viewing some of the factors that propagate sex. This study will also be useful to researchers, scientists in the discovery of the new ways of treating some deadly STDs.
1.5 Research Questions
For the purpose of this study research questions were formulated.
- Does faithfulness to only one partner whose sexually transmitted disease states has been proved by blood test prevent sexually transmitted disease?
- Does abstinence from sex if you are single prevent sexually transmitted disease?
- Does the use of anti-biotic help in the treatment of sexually transmitted disease?
- Does voluntary counselling and sex education of the youths aid in the prevention of sexually transmitted disease?
1.6 Scope And Limitation Of The Study
It is not an easy task to go round the nook and cranny of Egor Local Government Area in searching for information due to the fact that biological concept are being modernized as a result of arising discoveries by researchers or scientists or biologist.
For one to get recent information there is the need to go on line search via the Internet, which is economically expensive and time consuming. To this end researcher has therefore resolved to study how sexually transmitted disease can be prevented and treated in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State. For example the purpose of this research attention will be focused on youth, traders, civil servants, students of secondary and tertiary institutions.
Limitations Of The Study
There is shortage of funds to embark on large-scale study of the infants and adults in Egor Local Government Area. In addition, the time available for this study makes it humanly impossible to cover the infants and adults progressively.
1.7 Definition Of Terms
(AKA) Venereal disease (VD) is an illness that has a significant probability of transmission between humans or animals by means of sexual contact including oral sex and anal sex.
An STD that affect the mucolls membrane particularly in the urinary tract and genital area. It can make urination painful and cause pulse like discharge through the urinary tract.
The Human Immuno Deficiency Virus. It is the virus which causes (AIDS) can replicate and the disease can be transmitted to other followed by a symptomatic period which leads rapidly to death unless treated.
A substance derived from bacterial and other organism that fight the growth of other bacteria or organism.
These are agents or drugs that kills or inhibit viruses and are used to treat viral infections disease. Examples are acyclovir effective against herpes viruses and zidovudine (AZT), which is used to treat HIV infections.
A substance that causes the body immune system to build up resistance to a particular disease.
5.0 Summary, Conclusion And Recommendation
The extent of this research is to examine the way forward in the prevention and treatment of sexually transmitted disease. A case study of Egor Local Government Area of Edo State. Respondents included students from one secondary school, two tertiary institutions, civil servants, and traders who were randomly selected. Five research questions were formulated and tested with sets of questionnaires and the results obtained were analyzed below from the results obtained it shows that:
- Faithfulness to only your married partners whose sexually transmitted disease status has been proved by a blood test prevents STD’s.
- Abstinence from sex, if you are single prevent sexually transmitted disease.
- Anti-biotic help in the treatment of sexually transmitted disease.
- Voluntary counselling and sex education of youths can prevent sexually transmitted disease.
This project was designed to examine a way forward in the prevention and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State focused attention on areas such as mode of transmission, factors, predisposing youths to STDs, treatment and prevention. Researcher therefore recommends the following area for further study for a comprehensive study, when will sexually transmitted disease become thing of history in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State, can herbs and anti-biotic help in the treatment of STD’s.
On the strength of findings this study the following recommendations were given:
- Ministry of education should see to the effective introduction of sex education into the curriculum of schools starting from their primary to tertiary level.
- Monogamy should be encouraged being that most respondents that kicked against faithfulness to their spouse came from polygamous family.
- It is of great importance to go for STDs test before getting married to any individual.
- The use of condoms and other contraceptives should be encouraged for those engaging in sex.
- Parents should also educate their children on sex and sexual development/behaviour/
- Corporate bodies, non-governmental organization (NGOs) and religious bodies should be involved in the sensitization of people through voluntary counselling free of charge.
- Government should provide subsidized drugs for STD’s victims especially the HIV/AIDS patients as a fundamental task and not as a privilege rendered.
- Cleanliness should be our watchword and a thing or practice.
How To Get The Complete Material For Treatment And Prevention Of Sexually Transmitted Disease: A Case Study Of Egor Local Government Area, Edo State
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Treatment And Prevention Of Sexually Transmitted Disease: A Case Study Of Egor Local Government Area, Edo State
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply