Strategies For Healthy Employer-Employee Relationship In An Organization (A Case Study Of Emenite Company Limited Emene Enugu)
Employments are a contract and the express and implied terms of this contract are still the basis of the relationship between employer and employee. However this employment relationship arises when one person (the employee or work) supplied his skill and labour to another (the employer or mater) in return for payment. On the other hand for social economic and political reasons there has been increasing government intervention in employment since the early nineteenth century. As will be seen many of the rights and duties of the parties are imposed by legislation today still there is unhealthy relationship between the employers of labour and their employees. This problem had caused devastating and unfavorable consequences in the work place paralyzing the activities of many organization/ companies in this country which given rise is adverse economic situation and a coarsened standard of living of the people there in. This project work has been timely written on the strategy for enhancing a healthy employer- employee relationship in an organization.
1.1 Background of the Study
From years back disputer over the terms and conditions of employment are inherent in the employer- employee relationship such disputer have existed from the day an employer hired his first employee in the organization.
This disagreement may be as a result of all or some of the problem enumerated below
- Employment problems and employment scantiest
- Condition of work hours of work shifts.
- Remuneration levels method of wage payment
- Staff health and welfare at work
- Employment development up grading and promotions etc
The inability on the management or employer to resolve these employment problem with his employee gives rise to industrial disharmony/ strike and discord which in recent times has remained one of the national problem plaguing so many organizations in the country.
In most cases this unhealthy relationship existing between the employer another employee is accompanied by very unfavorable consequences in the work place such consequences as industrial strike the go-slow the work to rule sit-down strike work in and a lot others.
This has often paralyzed the activities of the organization in this country resulting in adverse economic situation and a hoarsened standard of living of the people there in it is against this background that the researcher has embarked on this research work to review the industrial relationship system in the country and advance for strategies for healthy employee- employee relationship in organization using Emenite company limited Emene Enugu as a cast study. It is therefore hoped that this study will have answers to the above labour problems and establishes ways of enhancing a strong and viable healthy relationship between the employers another employee in organization which will go a long way in creating industrial harmony in the work place
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Organized labour has come a long way since 1912 when the first labour union was formed in the country. Nevertheless organization is not devoid of industrial mischief. There has not been a cordial relationship existing between the employer and the employee. Record has it that there has been general strike in 1945, 1964, 1981 1993 the 2004 general strike nation wide by academic staff union of universities (ASUU) over disagreement between the workers (employee) and the government (employer) on certain issues also the recent general strike national wide by the Nigeria labour union and the federal government over the increase in the petroleum product prices.
This unhealthy relationship has subsequently subjected the employee in organization to various forms of discomfort and exposure to other forms of emasculation including suspension from work working for a period of time without payment and outright dismissal from work. These problems have led the researcher to flashing a study on strategies for healthy employer- employee relationship in an organization to put a stop to all anomalies in the work place.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
In simple and direct terms this work has been designed to check the following
- To ascertain the components of industrial relation problem.
- To have an in depth study of the strategies for healthy employee- employer relationship in organization
- To identify some causes of industrial disputes in practice
- To find out measures of making employees to be contented with the ways they are being treated by the employers
- To identify if a cordial relationship exist between the employer and the employee within the working environment with a particular reference to Emenite cay limited Emene Enugu.
1.4 Scope and Limitation of the Study
In the scope of this study apparent inability of the industrial relation system to the respond to quickening pace of social and economic changes has generated continually public debate on what is wrong in the system. The inference and conclusion here are based on instruments to enhance a healthy employer- employee relationship covering Emenite Company Emene Enugu
a) Availability of Research Material:
The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
c) Organizational Privacy:
Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities
1.5 Research Questions
- What are the factors or components of industrial relation problems as regards the company under study?
- Are there strategies which can enhances or promote a healthy employer- employee relationship in organization?
- What are the causes of industrial disputes in an organization?
- What measure can be taken to ensure a healthy relationship between employer and employee in an organization?
- Does cordial relationship exist between the employer and employee of the company under study?
1.6 Research Hypothesis
- H0: Cordial relationship between empower and employee does not lead the Company to success
- H1: Cordial relationship between empower and employee lead the company to success
- H0: The adopted strategies does not enhance a healthy relationship between employer and employee of Emene company limited
- H1: Strategies adopted enhance a healthy relationship between Employer and employee of Emenite Company limited.
1.7 Significance of the Study.
The study will disclose how industrial practices through collective bargaining can be used for effectiveness and efficiency in an organization.
The Emenite Co Ltd may learn from this study how decision taking jointly by both the employer- employee can really influence their productivity condition of service and job security thence they can appraise their union leadership for better and efficacies. Other organization in Nigeria is not left out from the benefits. In this regard this study could also be of immense benefit to labour union generally because the extent to which they achieve successful representation of the workers interest depends on the procedure approach to industrial relations.
Students of business administration management and behavioral studies as well as Nigeria employers will also benefit from this study on their discipline.
Beside, it will be very useful to any person who is interested in achieving healthy and cordial relationship in the work place for achievement of self objective.
1.8 Definition of Term
This is a period of time when a group of workers deliberately stop working because of a disagreement about pay working conditions etc. it a means of compelling their employer to company with the terms of employment and physical condition of work.
2) Industrial Disputes:
This is a disagreement between an employer and which is always connected with non-camphene of either party mostly the employee on work agreement these cause grievances.
This refers to a person company organization or even government hat employs people.
An employee is someone who is paid to work for someone else in an organization.
This may be referred to work that one does to earn money or a living.
This simply means a pre- selected means or a approaches or skillful plan to achieve goals and aims.
Grievance is said to occur when a worker/ employees feels aggrieved or not contented with a particular treatment measures to him by either his employer or a superior officer in the work place.
1.9 Organization of the Study
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
- Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study.
- Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature.
- Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study.
- Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding.
- Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study.
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
It is important to ascertain that the objective of this study was to ascertain the strategies for healthy employer-employee relationship.
In the preceding chapter, the relevant data collected for this study were presented, critically analyzed and appropriate interpretation given. In this chapter, certain recommendations made which in the opinion of the researcher will be of benefits in addressing the challenges of employer-employee relationship.
Business environment has a profound influence in shaping the strategy of a company or business. various environmental factors (representative!) were considered and it was examined as to these factorsinfluence the strategy formulation. With environmental pressures organizations are bound to make changes in the structure that makes a statement of Employer – Employee relationship as well as business policies. Through constant application of SWOT/PEST or other analytical tools organizations can review their current relationships and strategies and make necessary course corrections to suit the environment to maximize organizational performance. Organizations want to be flexible and adaptive, but internal constraints like Resources, Technical manpower, cultural changes dictated and the existing strains on culture, demographic differences etc exert a lot of pressure on organizations. Worker participation in decision making can be termed as the “Adaptive” pressure, but is an important aspect of strategy. Sometimes the changes required may be so much that it may be better to incorporate a new enterprise to take care of the promising future businesses than to make wholesale changes. This is a decision dilemma that managers have to squarely face.
Haven completed the study, the researcher conclude that it is agreed that ERM components has positive effect on the employees’ performance in Emenite company Ltd. Organizations are realizing that ERM helps them to build stronger relationship with employees. As such ERM can build and enhance relationships and reinforce commitment to the company and improve the employees’ performance.
From this research it becomes evident that ERM can bring benefits for organizations. ERM can work by strengthening and increasing the relationship between organizations and their employees. To reap the required objectives from ERM there is a need to implement them according to strategy. Many companies built strategy by keeping an eye on their employees.
The results of the research reveals that if ERM components (HR practices, communication, trust, shared goals and values and leadership styles) are implemented in organizations and managers give it high attention it can enhance ERM status in organizations through help employees in achieving tasks and targets set for their job positions and helps in developing effective communication channels and systems so that information needs of employees are met. It emphasizes on performance, growth and development of employees for creating competitive advantage. It helps in improving working conditions, establishing healthy relations among employees; it inculcates a sense of belongingness among employees
ERM components are ordered according to their effect on the employees’ performance where noticed that shared goals and values has the most approval from the viewpoint of the members of the sample, and then HR Practices, followed by communication and then leadership styles and finally the Trust.
Based on the findings in the research, the researcher recommends the following:
- It is important for the telecommunication and banking sectors organizations to pay special attention to all components of ERM involving HR practices, communication, trust, leader ship styles and shared goals and values as important variables because of its great effect on employee performance on long term.
- Organizations should have clear model for ERM. This model should contains every aspects for the employee relationships where ERM must be a new concept the organizations adopt and implement where the employees are the key success of any organization,
- Organizations in both sectors should focus on training as a very helpful strategy for the employees to develop their skills and abilities to enable them carry the tasks on the right way.
- Organizations should employ best HR practices to achieve consistently improving results in their employees’ performance.
- Organizations should provide inspiring and effective leadership, open, transparent communication which will lead to motivated employees and good performance.
- Organizations should improve communication within the employees through interchange ideas, feelings and opinions with management to strength the relationship with employees.
- Organizations should open lines of communication which can improve employee’s relationships, and it should provide feedback, actively listening to employees.
How To Get The Complete Material For “Strategies For Healthy Employer-Employee Relationship In An Organization (A Case Study Of Emenite Company Limited Emene Enugu)“
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Strategies For Healthy Employer-Employee Relationship In An Organization (A Case Study Of Emenite Company Limited Emene Enugu)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply