Statistical Study Of The Challenges Related To Skills Acquisition In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Auto Mobile Mechanics Naze Mechanic Village Owerri Imo State)
The population of the study was all the mechanics in Naze mechanic village in Owerri, Imo state. A sample size of 200 randomly selected mechanics constituted the sample of the study. A structural questionnaires and interview were used to collect the data. The x2 (Chi-square) test of independent and percentage were used to analyze the data obtained in the study.
The findings of the study revealed that the identified problems associated with skills acquisition are independent of the artisan’s academic qualifications. It was also observed that most mechanics would not want their children to continue with the skill, justified using percentage.
Also lack of modern equipment and finance were identified as major challenge facing auto equipment. Based on the findings, this study recommended among others that proper and adequate funding of youth programs and skill acquisition agencies should be implemented at all levels of government in Nigeria.
Table Of Contents
- Table of contents
- 1.1 Statements of problem
- 1.2 Aims and Objectives
- 1.3 Significance of study
- 1.4 Research question
- 1.5 Research hypothesis
- 1.6 Scope of the study
- 1.7 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature Review
3.0 Research Methodology
- 3.1 Limitations of the study
- 3.2 Method of data analysis
- 3.3 Definition of terms
4.0 Data Analysis
- 5.0 Findings
- 5.3 Conclusion
- 5.4 Recommendation
- 5.3 References
There is no issue that should be addressed as a matter of urgent national importance than that of skills acquisition by the youth’s considering the failure of our basic education to yield the expected positive results with its attendant consequences such as armed robbery military, kidnapping and a host of others.
According to Encarta dictionary (2009), a skill is seen as the ability to do something well, usually gained through training or experience. The types of skill than can be acquired by youths include vocational carpentry, hair amassing, fashion designing, tailoring mechanic electrical repairs of G.S.M handset, computers, air conditions, wrist watch and wall clack just to mention but few.
Presently the poor state of youth development in Nigeria has remained a source of worry to government and many concerned citizens. This looming insist in national cause of rural party, youth restiveness armed robbery, prostitution and trafficking, import depending and low level of industrial development (Forebore Bestmart 2004) at both national and community levels, the scarcity of skilled youths and employment are areas of greatest concern to the common man unemployment which mostly occurs among youths and first urban and rural environments.
There is every indication therefore that the youth if properly mobilized and trained could pave way to sustainability youth employment and industrial development in Nigeria. The recent development in Nigeria with regard to a situation whereby a substantial section of the labour force is been retrenched seem to heighten the need for more emphasis on the skill acquisition.
The bulk of this labour force comes form the civil service the manufacturing business and other sector. Equally affected in these jobless pools are many petty traders who depended on imported materials for their business.
Consequently many of those jobless individual are force to return to their villages while a negligible few who are able to fall back on their little saviors still linger ground in the downs. A notable characteristic of this group of people is that most of them are unable to perform any skilled work of a diversified in the tons and villages where they reside. But ironically these people have not been trained in the rudiments 7 trades on the other hand; there are other in the town and cities who have no defined mode of living. This group of people constitutes at the moment a great threat to the society.
Apparently the nation seems to be indifferent about the plight this indifference although unsubstantiated with data is causing a lot of havoc to the society in terms of human lives. Many have died of frustration as a result of lack of means of maintaining their families while seems to be causing uncertainty in the way and manner of people’s life; one is forced to be ones home or traveling along the road. This type of development does not augur well for a health society. Hence there is urgent need for a realignment of the present situation toward improvement of education for productive work. The nature of our depressed economy and limited job opportunities calls for dedication and self employment.
1.1 Statement Of Problem
in Nigeria today, the eastern region in particular, the few auto-mechanics around are fast growing old the young ones are not interested in acquiring their skills go as to maintain continuity in the skills. This calls for big question “Why” hence it becomes pertinent to carry out the research in order to determine the problems associated with skills acquisition and as well suggest the strategies that can be adopted to improve skill acquisition in Nigeria.
1.2 Significance Of Study.
- This research work will serve as a call for youth to rise and depend on their skills and knowledge for self reliant and employment.
- This project will serve as a reference point to research who intend to carry out a research on this type or related topics.
- To the youths, it will encompasses focus of ancient law of sowing and reaping therefore this will necessitate for being industrious and diligent, knowing that “what so ever a soweth that shall he reap”.
- To the parents and management their assignment primarily as that of a porter, cannot be over emphasized, it therefore urges them to awake their responsibilities.
- To our institution of learning, it will awake them to their primary function of restoring the glory and dignity of man through skill acquisition.
- Finally, the general public, those highly external in our society are by the implicative of the result of this study urges to lead a supportive hand in the development of our youths in skill acquisition for balance growth and development of our youths and the nation at large
1.3 Research Question
- What major challenge does a skilled person face?
- What might be the reasons of artisans not getting the needed number of apprentice?
- What major challenges does an auto mechanics face?
1.4 Research Hypothesis
- Ho: Major challenges faced by artisian are independent of their academic qualification.
Hi: Major challenges face by artisan is depended of their academic qualification.
- Ho2: the reason of artisans not getting the needed apprentice is independent of their academic qualification vs
Ho2: the reason of artisans not getting the needed apprentices is independent of their academic qualification vs
- Ho3: major challenges faced by auto-mechanic is independent of their academic qualification.
1.5 Scope Of Study
The population of the study was all auto-mechanic in Naze mechanic village Owerri Imo state. A sample size of 200 anti-mechanic was randomly selected and a structural questionnaire and interviews were used to obtain data for the study. A total of 200 copies of the questionnaire were administered to the respondents by the researcher. However, only a 92% return rate was achieved.
1.7 Definition Of Terms
This is the ability to do something well usually general through training or experience.
How To Get The Complete Material For Statistical Study Of The Challenges Related To Skills Acquisition In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Auto Mobile Mechanics Naze Mechanic Village Owerri Imo State)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Statistical Study Of The Challenges Related To Skills Acquisition In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Auto Mobile Mechanics Naze Mechanic Village Owerri Imo State)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply