A Statistical Analysis On The Effects Of Industrial Training (I.T) On HND I Students (A Case Study Of One Department In Each Of The Schools On Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri)
This research was carried out to study the effects of Industrial Training on HND I students, Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri.
The study used a primary data collected by means of mail questionnaire of 15 questions.
A sample size of 206 students out of a population of 425 students determined by Yamani’s approach was used for this study which was selected by means of stratified random sampling.
It was noticed from the data analysis that students strongly support Industrial Training and that the performance of HND I students depend on the Industrial Training, showing that the positive effects of the one-year Industrial Training on HND I students are greater than those of the negative effects.
Conclusively, the research recommended some crucial matters that demand the attention of the government, the institution and the students.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Approval page
- Table of Contents
- 1.1 Overview Of The Study
- 1.2 Statement Of Problem
- 1.3 Aims And Objective
- 1.4 Significance Of The Study
- 1.5 Scope Of The Study
- 1.6 Limitation Of The Study
- 2.1 Introductions
- 2.2. Review of Positive Effects of Industrial Training
- 2.3 Review of the Negative Effects of Industrial Training
- 3.1 Data Collection
- 3.2 Method of Sampling
- 3.3 Method of Data Analysis
- 3.3.1 Multiple Bar Chart and Pie Chart
- 3.3.2 Chi-Square Test for Independence
- 3.3.3 Central Tendency- The Mean
4.0 Data Presentation and Analysis
- 4.1 Presentations of Data
- 4.2.1 Implications of Result
- 4.3 Central Tendencies –The Mean.
- 4.3 Test of Independence
- 4.4 Summary of Result
5.0 Summaries of Findings, Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1 Summaries of Findings
- 5.2 Conclusions
- 5.3 Recommendations
1.1 Overview Of The Study.
It is an indisputable fact that education is a no do without in the development of a nation’s economy. But a perfect and complete education is achieved when ones head, heart and hands are trained. Meanwhile among all these, the most important is the training of the hands because with that of the head and heart but without the one of hands, one cannot display. Secondly, it is what the nation needs to develop its economy to a state of self-reliance, independence on foreign expertise and be industrialized which is the heart cry of every nation.
But what go on in the tertiary institutions are the training of ht head and heart. Thus the introductions of industrial training (I.T) which will help actualize the training of the hands and make the students competent enough in facing the tasks ahead.
Moreover, industrial training (I.T) participation has become a necessary pre-condition for the award of diploma in the polytechnic set up.
1.2 Statement Of Problems
Not until dissatisfaction and doubt is raised and solution needed, a problem is not said to be recognized.
There has been this wrong motives and lack of interest recognized among students who are due for one-year industrial training, consequently upon the like and dislike they have for it. This is due to the positive and negative effects they have found this I.T to have on them.
Therefore the emergence of this study- the effects of Industrial Training (I.T) on HND I students (a finding on whether the positive effects are greater than the negative effects or otherwise)
1.3 Aims And Objectives
In the course of this study, I intend to achieve the following:
- Find out what the students feel about the one-year industrial training (I.T).
- Find out whether the positive effects of one-year industrial training are greater than those of its negative.
1.4 Significance Of The Study.
This study will be beneficial to the students, industries, institution, government and society.
If the study shows that the positive effects are greater than the negative effects, then the students will go for I.T with right motives thereby being useful to the industries, representing the institution well (even in future), fulfilling the desire of the government and meeting the needs of the poor masses (society).
But if otherwise, then it should be looked into whether to scrap it and provide an alternative measure or not.
1.5 Scope Of The Study.
For the effectiveness of this study, I have wished to carryout this research in one department in each of the schools of the institution – Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri.
That is, the population consists of:
- One department in School of Industrial and Applied Sciences.
- One department is School of Engineering Technology.
- One department in School of Environmental Technology
- One department in School of Business.
The period considered in the study is 2007/2008 academic session.
1.6 Limitation Of The Study
Some weaknesses tried to hinder me form carrying out this study. But with more effort, I was able to do my best.
The difficulties resulted from financial constraints, material limitation (i.e. unavailability of materials) and lack of time due to the shortness of the semester and other works on the table.
Conclusion And Recommendation
This study examined the impact of IT on students’ performance. 300 and HND 2 students of the Federal Polytechnic Nekedewere studied, using survey questionnaire. 53 students’ filled the questionnaires and the data they provided were analyzed using stata 9 software. Based on data analysis, the following conclusions were drawn: Long academic training up to 6 months duration is more meaningful than 68 weeks training, Institute faculty monitoring system needs reassessment, Industries that offer stipend to students during industrial training enhances student’s interest and performance. The number of units a student renders IT’s services the better the performance, and most importantly, IT is very important in enhancing accounting students performance.
The following recommendations were based on the findings of the study and as a solution to the identified issues:
- The boss of the IT trainee should endeavor to be supportive in terms of showing concern and patiently directing the students. This is because, this variable had one hundred percent relevance in all the dependent variables tested.
- Students should be rotated through departments/units, this variable also had eighty percent relevance since it appeared in all the dependent variables except financial accounting performance.
- The need for learning institutions to get involved in the supervision of trainees during IT. Increased supervision makes IT programme more effective hence, the study shows that it relevant to all the performance variables except for interpretation and academic performance. This finding is consistent with Afonja et al. (2005) who contended that when students are accepted by employers for IT, they are often not well supervised. In extension, the various bodies involved in the management of the SIWES exercise i.e. Federal Government, Industrial Training Fund (ITF), NUC, NBTE and NCCE should come together and fashion out a modality that will ensure smooth operation of the SIWES exercise. Efforts should be made to ensure that students attached to the organization are properly monitored to ensure that what they are doing is in line with the objectives of the SIWES exercise.
- A form should be made by the institution and given to all students who have completed the industrial training program, to enable other researcher easy access to information about industrial training by students who has graduated from that intuition.
How To Get The Complete Material For A Statistical Analysis On The Effects Of Industrial Training (I.T) On HND I Students (A Case Study Of One Department In Each Of The Schools On Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri)
The Complete Material will be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make a Mobile Transfer or POS Payment of ₦3,000 to any of the Account Below
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
|Account No.: 1225513212|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 80 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- A Statistical Analysis On The Effects Of Industrial Training (I.T) On HND I Students (A Case Study Of One Department In Each Of The Schools On Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
This research material “A Statistical Analysis On The Effects Of Industrial Training (I.T) On HND I Students (A Case Study Of One Department In Each Of The Schools On Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri)” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “A Statistical Analysis On The Effects Of Industrial Training (I.T) On HND I Students (A Case Study Of One Department In Each Of The Schools On Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri)” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.