A Statistical Analysis Of Death Rate In Imo State From (2003-2007) (A Case Study Of Federal Medical Center Owerri)
The increasing number of death in the state in recent time has because a lot of worries and discomfort to the government of the state in particular and the citizens of the state in general.
Based on their problem, this research survey on statistical analysis of death rate in Imo State from (2003 – 2007) with federal medical center Owerri as a case study was carried out using analysis of variances and regression analysis to investigate whether is a significant difference in the means of deaths according to cause of deaths and agenda whether the trend of deaths on male a female was increasing or decreasing.
Finally, the following inference drawn from the data collected for the survey shoed that there is significant difference in the means of deaths according to causes of deaths and age group and the trend of death on hospital and female patient in hospital was on the increase.
Table Of Content
- Title Page
- Approval Page
- Table Of Content
- 1.1 Background Of The Study
- 1.2 Significant Of The Study
- 1.3 Statement Of Problem
- 1.4 Aims And Objective
- 1.5 Scope Of The Study
- 1.6 Statement Of Hypothesis
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Historical Perspective Of Federal Medical Center Owerri
- 2.3 Death Rate Due To Infant Mortality
- 2.4 Pregnancy Or Child Delivery Death Rate.
3.0 Research Methodology
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Source Of Data Analysis
- 3.3 Techniques Of Data Analysis
- 3.4 Presentation Of Data
4.0 Data Analysis
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Testing The Significance Of Number Of Death According To Causes Of Death.
- 4.3 Testing The Significance Of Number Of Death According To Age – Group
- 4.4 Estimating The Trend For Number Of Death According To Sex From (2003 – 2007)
5.0 Summary of Finding, Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1 Summary Of Finding
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendation
This project is concerned with statistical analysis of death rate of federal medical centre is used as a case study.
Death is an inevitable stage in life which we must all pass through. People were born, the grow and at a point they pass on.
If it has five chapters, chapter one deals with the introduction of the topic Background of the study, statement of the problem, Aims and objective of the study, significant of the and other sections of the introduction stages of the research work is highlighting chapter two (2) deals within literature review where related information about the research topic has been written about in the time past.
Chapter three (3) it highlights on the methodology used in the collection of data and limitation encounter during the research. While chapter four (4) deals with analysis of data.
Chapter five (5) deal with summary, conclusion and recommendation of the research work.
According to the oxford English dictionary, death “dieing end of life death has also after be defined as the absence of life.
If has always been viewed with mystery superstition and fascination by men. Some death are natural while some facts prove that sometimes, people also are the cases their death.
1.1 Background Of The Study
Research had showed that death could occur to any one no matter the age factor at what is important is that certain death escaped being unregistered, but his research focuses on those death that were recorded in the federal medical centers. Death registration has not been taken serious in our country, this give the researcher concern and a curiously to work on statistical analysis of death rate.
1.2 Significance Of The Study
This research work is carried out to find out the various causes of death in the society that is being recorded by the federal al center Owerri is the factors that causes more death, than the other and also the age group that has the highest number of death.
The study will help to highlight the number of patients that died of various diseases from 2003 – 2007 which enable the government to fight against the effect of disease in the next years.
The research will equally indicate the total number of death that occurred hospital management to forecast and prevent such incidence.
The number of death according to Age group and according to the causes of death in the hospital will be known, this will help the ministry of health to know the group that die most and the latest causes of death and how to prevent it.
Finally, the research also gives insight on how the future forecast of death rate in the society will look like and the possible way to reduce the death rate to it’s bearest.
1.3 Statement Of The Problem
In our society to day, the number of deaths is in the increase every year.
The death seems to affect and reduce the number of population of the society in an alarming rate. Different age group also suffers the dangers of losing most of its people to the cold hand of death, through diseases, child birth, and accident.
The research is being carried out to know the age groups that experience the highest number of death in the year under study. The research will help to know if there is any relationship between the death in male and female.
Finally, the research will try to find out the effort the government is making towards the reduction of death s rate in the society under investigation and the trend of death in the society.
1.4 Aims And Objectives Of Study
The objectives of the study include:
- To determine the death rate for the various years of study (2003 – 2007) and the number of deaths occurring within the years of study.
- The research will determine the causes of death with the causes of death with the fire year of study.
- To know with the number of death according to diseases that occurred between 2003–2007.
- To determine which of the age group is mostly affected by death.
- To know or determine the number of woman that died as a result of pregnancy. This will help the government to fight against such in the future.
1.5 Scope Of The Study
This study is such that required extensive coberage of our society but due to time, availability of data and financial constraint, the research was limited in scope to federal medical centre Owerri.
1.6 Statement Of Hypothesis
- Null Hypothesis: There is no significant difference in the deaths according to Age groups.
Alternative hypothesis: there is significant difference in the means of the death according to Age group.
- Null Hypothesis: There are no significant differences in the means of death according to the causes of the death.
Alternative hypothesis: There are significant differences in the causes of the death.
5.0 Summary Of Findings, Conclusion Recommendation
5.1 Summary Of Findings
In view of the increasing rate of death in the state net minding the presence of medical presence of medical facilities and professional mechanical personal, these however create great problem of the growth of the state because it affects and reduce the population of the state. The major factors that contribute to death rate is accident like road accident, fine, war, earth quake etc. according to Okoye. N. of Sunday statement (1994).
Based on these problem created by death rate in the state, this Survey seeks to ascertain whether there is a significant difference in the means of the deaths according to Age – group and causes of the death.
This research Survey was carried out by using Analysis of variance and Time in series analysis.
Therefore based on the inference drawn the following where reviewed as follows.
- Using Analysis of variances, it was discovered that there is significant difference in the means of the number of death according to the causes of deaths in the state depends solely on the causes of death like accident and diseases.
- Secondly it was observed that there is of significant difference in the means the number of death according Age – group of patients suffers from different lends of diseases.
- Further estimating the trend of death according to number of death due to sex, it was discovered that the trend of death s according to male at federal medical center Owerri from 2003 – 2007 is on increases by u1.8 while the trend of deaths according to female was on increase by 3.5, this however cells for paper attention and evaluation.
Based on the findings of this research survey which seeks to as certain whether there is a significant difference in the means of this death, according to Age – group and causes of death in federal medical center Owerri. The following conclusions can be drawn from the findings which includes that the numbers of deaths recorded in the causes of death depends on the causes of death like accidents and diseases as well as conclude from 2003 – 2007 depends solely also on the Age – group of those suffering from different types of diseases.
General we conclude that the trend of deaths according to male and female was increasing by 1.8 and 3.5 respectively.
Considering the findings made on the research survey the following recommendations are made which include:
- The federal medical center and the government should intensity their enlightenment programme on the need for regular routine check against diseases in the state.
- Hospital authority should see that correct and up to records are dept to enable research that have special interest in studying the rate of death carry out their work with moderate ease.
- Medical facilities and allowance should be provided for labour force in their place of employment.
- Government should provide more drugs to the hospital and at reasonable price.
- I would recommend that similar hospitals and other wealth institutions. Also factors like birth rate, physiological and socio-economic influence should be n included in the study.
A Statistical Analysis Of Death Rate In Imo State From (2003-2007) (A Case Study Of Federal Medical Center Owerri)
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- A Statistical Analysis Of Death Rate In Imo State From (2003-2007) (A Case Study Of Federal Medical Center Owerri)
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “A Statistical Analysis Of Death Rate In Imo State From (2003-2007) (A Case Study Of Federal Medical Center Owerri)” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “A Statistical Analysis Of Death Rate In Imo State From (2003-2007) (A Case Study Of Federal Medical Center Owerri)” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.
How to defend your research work
This is a general guide on how to defend your research work:
1. Prepare For Questions:
If you are preparing for questions that may be asked during your defense, then your answers will flow smoothly and effectively. This will prove your knowledge on the subject e.g “A Statistical Analysis Of Death Rate In Imo State From (2003-2007) (A Case Study Of Federal Medical Center Owerri)“, and strengthening your argument. Ask friends and family, read your work for them to listen to your presentation, and write down questions. You may be lucky the panel will ask you those you have already prepared on.
2. Strong Summary:
Summarizing your chapters will help keep your audience focused because it is easy for a mind to drift, so providing summaries will ensure your panel will follow along, even if they lose focus for a brief moment. Visual aides, such as graphs and power-point presentations can be very helpful. If you are going to use these, make sure you will practice your presentation with them.
3. Be Confident in Your Research Work:
Not knowing your topic “A Statistical Analysis Of Death Rate In Imo State From (2003-2007) (A Case Study Of Federal Medical Center Owerri)” inside out will cause you to struggle and ultimately fail with your defense. You need to know the subject from every angle to ensure you are fully prepared for any question that may come your way.
Reinforce your findings to conclude your defense. The finale of your presentation should focus on proving the work that has been done. You may need to recap on what has changed and remained unchanged, if is necessary.
5 . Listen:
Before you get defensive or recite a particular answer, make sure you truly understand the question being asked. Being a good listener is an important quality, because providing an inaccurate or off-topic answer will also weaken the validity of your paper.