Staff Training And Development As An Effective Tool In Organizational Efficiency (A Case Study Of Nigeria Postal Service Limited Owerri)
This paper examines the staff training and development as an effective tool in enhancing organizational efficiency. Staff training and development is basically a modern philosophy when emphasis continuous improvement in organizational objectives.
These management concept hold that continuous improvement in staff training and development, it would lead to higher performance, lesser supervision, reduction of accident in an organizational.
Finally, successful application of staff training and development is the bedrock for company’s continuous existence and growth particularly in a dynamics and higher completive environment.
Table Of Content
- Title page
- Certification page
- Table of content
- 1.1. Background of study
- 1.2. Statement of the problem
- 1.3 objective of the study
- 1.4 Research questions
- 1.5 Statement of hypothesis
- 1.6 Significance of the study
- 1.7 Scope of the study
- 1.8 limitation of the study
- 1.9 Definitions of terms
2.0. Literature Review
- 2.1. Introduction (Other functions of the topic)
3.0. Research Design and Methodology
- 3.1. Research design
- 3.2. Research Methodology
- 3.3 Source /Method of data collection
- 3.4. Population and sample size
- 3.5. Sampling technique
- 3.6. Validity / reliability of measuring instrument
- 3.7. Method of data analysis
4.0. Presentation and Analysis of Data
- 4.1. Introduction
- 4.2. Presentation of data
- 4.3. Analysis of data
- 4.4. Test of hypothesis
- 4.5 Interpretation of result (s)
5.0. Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1. Introduction
- 5.2. Summary of findings
- 5.3. Conclusion
- 5.4 Recommendation
- Appendix 1
1.1. Background Of The Study
Training and development has become the sources of strength of human resources when has taken organizations to greater heights due to complexities and still competition perform organization, it’s man power must continue to be developed and trained.
Training and development is the process of putting somebody through a learning experience to perform a job. If a job were simple, there would be little need for employees to upgrade or change their skills. The current highly sophicated and complex nature of our society and organizations call for need to be trained and developed.
Harrison (2002:342) said that training and development is formal and systemative modification of behaviour through learning, when occurs as a result of education institution development and planned experience. Grattern (1991:202) stressed that the fundamental aim of training and development is to help organization achieve it’s purpose by adding value to it’s key resources, the people it employs.
So there is need for organization to invest in people to enable them perform better and empower them to make the best use of their national abilities. But the training and development philosophy of organizations differ which express the degrees of importance attain to them.
Some firms in Nigeria both private and public sectors adopt Laisses peume approach believing that employees will find out what to do for themselves or through in the old phase sitting by “Nellie” other companies pay up service to training and development and indiscriminately allocate fund to it in the good time but in the bad time, these firms are the fires to cut their training budgets organization with a positive and development philosophy understand that they live in a world when competitive advantage is achieved by training higher quality people satisfied unless they invest in developing of their project work centered on NIPOST whose staff are not spared of the consequences of training and development philosophies.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
NIPOST are faced with some problems that are being attributed to management inefficiency and the distress syndrome. Such problems identified include the following:
- Poor performance of the workers.
- Lack of training and development by managers
- Poor leadership style
- Negligence by managers on application of managerial skill
- Non-effective and efficient of employees
- Lack of motivation.
1.3 Objective Of The Study
- To determine the factors that will enhance employee’s performance in the organization.
- To identify those leadership style which are detrimental to training and development of employee.
- To identify those leadership style that will enhance training and development.
- To determine the necessary managerial skill required by a manager to perform.
- To determine how training and development leader to employees effectiveness and efficiency.
1.4 Research Questions
The researcher trends to find out the impact of effective training and development on employees motivation. The following research question will be used.
- What are the factors that enhance employees performance?
- which of these leadership style is detrimental to training and development?
- which leadership style enhances the employee training and development?
- what managerial skills does a manager require in order to perform?
- How does training and development leads to employees effectiveness and efficiency?
1.5 Statement Of Hypothesis
To provide a guild for the researcher, the following hypothesis were formulated:
- H0: There is no significant relationship between training, development and organizational efficiency.
H1: There is significant relationship between training, development and organizational efficiency.
- H0: Modern organizations have abandoned training and development in the pursuit of economic goals.
H1: Modern organizations have not abandoned training and development in the pursuit of economic goals.
1.6 Significance Of The Study
This research study has primary significance to the management especially practitioners and aspiring ones.
- The finding of this study will help the managers and supervisors to understand the behaviour of their subordinate.
- The finding of this study will serve as guidance to the managers and supervisor on their choice of behaviour, that is the leadership style to be adopted in order to achieve the desired goal of the organizations
- The outcome of this research work will serve as a reference material to feature researcher in related areas.
- The study will contribute to existence body of knowledge.
1.7 Scope Of The Study
This research work on staff training and development as an effective tools in organizational efficiency will focus on Nigeria postal service limited (NIPOST) and the leadership style adopted, and some selected branches the sample shall be drawn from different categories of staff ranging from top management to mail lower.
1.8 Limitation Of The Study
The following limitation are inherent in the study:
- The short duration under which the study was carried out was not enough for a study of this nature especially as it has to be combined with academic work.
- The non-challenge attitude of the respondent in supplying the necessary information due to their ignorance.
- The problem of fund, which was comfound by high cost of transportation to the company of study.
1.9 Definition Of Terms
This is an organizational effort aimed at helping an employees to acquire the skill suitable for job.
This are activities undertaken to expose an employee to perform additional duties and assume position of an importance.
This is a desired end of activities.
The quality of doing something well with no waste of time or money.
To produce the result that is wanted or intended.
It refers to a worker that is under the control of a supervisor
This is a person who works for somebody or for a company in return of wages.
This is a way of describing what the managers actually do.
It is a combination of people or individual efforts working together in pursuit of certain common goals.
This is someone whose job is to manage part or all of a company or other organization.
5.0 Summary, Conslusion And Recommendation
This chapter discussed the chapters involved in this research work. The research findings are analysed and the conclusion of these are drawn.
5.2 Summary Of Finding
The topic of this research work was “Staff training and development as an effective tool in an organizational efficiency. A case study of Nigerian postal service Ltd. (NIPOST). In the first chapter, the researcher formulated some concept and hypothesis to guide her in the study. Then, in the second chapter, related literatures were reviewed by the use of textbooks, journals, unpublished magazines and articles. In the third chapter appropriate methodology on how to carry out the research development. Then in chapter four, the data gathered from the respondents was presented and analysed with the use of percentages and tables. Equally the researcher applied the appropriate satisitical text using the chi-square statistics to text the hypothesis. And finally, in chapter five, summary, conclusion, and recommendation and limitation of the study was made.
Meanwhile, this study revealed that staff training and development exist more in principle rather than in practice in spite of it’s role. In the achievement of ratotional objectives. This work also revealed the various factors that militates against employee training and development in NIPOST with bad management practice. However, the discovering in NIPOST was not different to what is obtained in a typical Nigeria public institutions.
Based on the findings of the study, the following conclusions were made.
Employee training and development was a major concern for organization in this competitive business era due to the role of the human resources plays in the canalization of others resources. Hence, NIPOST management should know the various types of training and development techniques that will achieve training objectives and meet the various needs. Organization like NIPOST is faced with constraints, which prevents them from achieving their various training and development objectives.
Based on the findings of the study and conclusion drawn, the following recommendation were made.
- Every organization should encourage staff training because it contribute to an organizational efficiency.
- Every organization should be able to provide / select a qualified personnel because managers requires a managerial skills to perform effectively.
- Every organization should make provision of adequate staff training and development programme because it lead to an organizational efficiency.
- Every organization should make the staff training and development in such a way that every workers of that organization will benefit from it.
- Every organization should know that leadership style enhances employee training and development in an organization
How To Get The Complete Material For Staff Training And Development As An Effective Tool In Organizational Efficiency (A Case Study Of Nigeria Postal Service Limited Owerri)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Staff Training And Development As An Effective Tool In Organizational Efficiency (A Case Study Of Nigeria Postal Service Limited Owerri)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply