The Socio-Cultural Effects Of Divorce Among Educated Couples
The topic of the research is socio-cultural effects of divorce among educated couples in Ngbo in Ohaukwu the purpose of the study was to examine the socio-cultural effects of divorce among educated couples in Ngbo in Ohaukwu in Local Government Area Ebony the study was a survey research. The research was a carried out through questionnaire administered to married couples. It has an estimated married couple. It has an estimated married couples of 400 and 100 were sampled through balloting. The researcher used 100 questionnaires. The researcher gave the questionnaires personally to the respondent that is the married couples. The respondents completed and returned the questionnaires to researcher. The data collected were analysed with percentage % Numbers of positive or Negative response x100
The data collected indicate that there were socio-cultural effects of divorce among educated couples which could be seen thus
- The children of divorced couples lack parental care.
- There is break of relationship between the two families.
- There will be poverty and lack of basis needs of life due to divorce.
- The financial burden of catering for the family will be much on either of the couples
The researcher therefore recommended that the following should be done.
- Religions leaders should not relent including marriage–related topics in their daily preaching in churches.
- Government should include in the constitutions what should be the condition of any couples that attempt divorce.
- Intending couples should be enlightened and well informed on the responsibilities and reasons for entering into marriage.
1.1 Background Of The Study
Some years ago, the issue an high rate of divorce among married couples in the society is more rampant. And it has become the topic of the dry, in every corner of the society such as in the church, market home and social gathering. Before we proceed, we will first of all define the words socio-cultural and divorce.
Socio-cultural is the culture of a particular society or group, and it belief etc. while Divorce means legal end of a marriage according to Horriby (1974), divorce is defined as the legal ending of a marriage so that husband and wife are free to marry-again, it is also the breaking up of marriage. Divorce can also be described as the dissolution or abrogation of marriage. When a marriage is dissolved, both parties shall be free from obligations and bond of marriage. They could remarry elsewhere or live any type of life they may choose. A family which is just like a factory where human beings are produced is in danger especially if there is divorce.
This will enable one to understand that married couples can divorce, but the effects it attracts will be disastrous. Therefore, one has to be more careful and know how to protect their marriage by being conscious of the statement of the creator which says “what God has joined together let no man put asunder”.
Commentaries on the issue on grounds for divorce. Each party to the marriage can seek divorce in a state marriage, in the grounds of adultery, desertion, cruelty, insanity, rape and Sodamy. Each of the above is a serious matrimonial offence which may lead to divorce according to the marriage ordinance of Nigeria. Divorce can be sought for reasons sterility or bareness on the part of the wife or husband if their blood is incompatible there may be divorce.
In the opinion of Onwuka (1991) some marriage collapses due to unfaithfulness promiscuity or sex explosion, suspicion and lack of trust.
It is in view of the above points that we in particular denied it wise to carry a research work on the socio-cultural effects on the divorce among educated couples.
1.2 Statement Of Problem
The issue of divorce has been in Vogues from time immemorial. To this effect, the present generation intends to be carried away by this social evil. Hence this study was undertaken to educate and enlighten people more on the danger culminated in divorce in relation to their socio-cultural aspect of life. In a nutshell, this study focused on the dangers embedded in divorce in relation to its threat toward the unity of families in Ohnukwu.
1.3 Purpose Of The Study
The purpose of this study was to examine the socio cultural effects of divorce among educated couples in Ngbo in Ohaukwu local government area.
The purpose of this study was to find out:
- The extent to which divorce is being practiced in the society
- The socio-cultural effects of divorce on educated couples.
- The extent to which divorce has affected the children of educated couples.
- Suggest ways to eradicated divorces in our families.
1.4 Signification Of The Study
The study will be beneficial to intending couples and married couples to understand the causes of divorce and how to avert it.
- It will help the society to understand the importance of couples living together in peace.
- The community will benefit from this study as they will no longer encourage divorce, seeing its negative effects which include prostitution and armed robbery.
- This study will help the government to see up a machinery or body who sees that children of divorce couples are not allowed to waste away.
- This study will go a long way to ensure sanity in the community as couples are instructed on the sacredness of marriage.
1.5 Scope Of The Study
This study is focused on the socio-cultural effects of divorce among educated couples in Ngbo in Ohaukwu.
1.6 Research Questions
The problem of this research will be investigated by addressing the following research question.
- What are the major causes of divorce in Ngbo in Ohaukwu?
- Is divorce commonly found among educated couples?
- What are the social effects of divorce among couples?
- What are the economic affect on divorced couples?
- What are the likely ways to prevent divorce in our families?
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Socio-Cultural Effects Of Divorce Among Educated Couples
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply