The Role Of Total Quality Management In Nigeria Universities (A Case Study Of Federal University Of Technology, Owerri)
This research studied” the role of total quality management: A case study of selected Departments an federal University of technology Owerri. The statement of problem dealt on the inability of organization to apply appropriately total quality management one of the purpose of study is to check the benefits derived from the application of total quality management and also the problems associated with such the research hypothesis in the null from started that total quality management does not enhance employee productivity, the significance of study involves benefits to manage and researches.
Also related literature’s was reviewed in the areas of types and forms of total quality management and why organizations adopt total quality management the research was also deisgned to make use of primary data and the research sampled using simple percentages.
The researcher presented and analyzed the data collected from questionnaire using simple percentage and also tested the hypothesis with chsallre. One of the founding is that total quality management enhance employee performance.
Than there was the summary of findings, conclusion and relevant recommendations made and suggestions for further work were made.
List Of Tables
- Table 4.01 – Analysis of the set of the respondents
- Table 4.02 Analysis showing the department of the respondents.
- Table 4.03 Analysis to know the knowledge of total quality management by respondent
- Table 4.04 Analysis of knowledge and application of total quality well imbibed and assimilated by management
- Table 4.05 Analysis to know whether the institution practice total availity management.
- Table 4.06 Analysis to know whether total availity management benefits the employee in the in situation
- Table 4.07 Analysis on whether total quality management benefit the organization
- Table 4.08 Analysis on whether total availity management is used in relation of goals
- Table 4.09 Analysis on problems associated with total quality management .
- Total 4.10 Analysis on the use of total avidity management in accomplishment or organizational goals.
- Table 4.11 Analysis on the best management techniques for an organization
- Table 4.12 Analysis on the use of total quality management in the organization.
- Table 4:13 Analysis on the style of total aviality
- Table 4:14 Analysis whether total quality management install employee discipline
- Table 4:15 Analysis on whether total quality management enhance productivity
- Table 4:16 Analysis out restructure total quality management for better result
- Table 4:17 Analysis on whether total quality management reduce wastage and enhance productivity.
- Table 4:18 Analysis whether total quality management provide consistency and satisfaction.
- Table 4:19 Analysis whether the role of total quality management helps to know the customer.
- Table 4:21 Contingency table for hypothesis one
- Table 4:22 chi-square table for hypothesis two
- Table 4:33 contingency table for hypothesis two
- Table 4:24 Chi-square table for hypothesis two
- Table 4:25 chi-square table for hypothesis three
- Table 4:27 Chi-square table for hypothesis three
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Approval page
- Table of contents
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of Problem
- 1.3 Objectives of the study
- 1.4 Research Questions
- 1.5 Statement of Hypothesis
- 1.6 Significance of the study
- 1.7 Scope of the Study
- 1.8 Limitation of the study
- 1.9 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 What is total Quality management
- 2.3 The features of total management
- 2.4 Reasons why organization adopt TQM
- 2.5 The Role of total quality on productivity of the organization
- 2.6. Problem associated with other quality management
- 2.7 The benefit of total quality management
- 2.8 The forms at total quality management
- 2.9 The importance features of total quality management
3.0 Research Design and Methodology
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Research Design
- 3.3 Sources/Method of data
- 3.4 Population and sample size
- 3.5 Sample techniques
- 3.6 Validity and reliability off measuring instrument
- 3.7 Method of Data analysis
4.0 Presentation and Analysis of Data
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Presentation of data
- 4.3 Analysis of data
- 4.4 Test of Hypothesis
- 4.5 Interpretation of Result
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
- 5.1 Summary of Findings
- 5.2 Conclusions
- 5.3 Recommendations
Total ability management is a continuous improvement of every production output whether it is a product or a service, by removing inefficient aviations and by improving the barebones of the work process.
It is a set of co-ordinate activities to direct and control an organization in direct and control an organization. In order to continually improve the activeness and efficiency of its performance. A large number of contemporary organization across the globe have adopted total availability management (TQM) to satisfy customers through quality products and responsive services in order gain competitive advantage.
The role of total quality management helps on the integration and coordination of all activities in a work process and aims at continuous improvement in quality of product or service.
1.1 Background Of The Study:
Domelly, Gibson and Vancevich *1987:19) explains that managers are ultimately responsible for the achievement of results through specialized efforts of other people whether individually, in groups or in organizations at the aim at managing effectively in order to accomplish goals. Steiner S. (1983:109) further explains that because of the increasing importance of management and because of the new challenges that faces, management has evolved into a number of styles and strategies which has been known to bring success to may organization whether public or private that may adopted it for its effectiveness and efficiency.
The role of total quality management is concerned with moving the focus of control from outside the individual to within the objective being to make everyone accountable for their own performance and get them committed to attaining quality in a highly motivated style. The assumptions which a director or manager must make order to more in this direction are simply that people do not need to be coerced to perform well.
According to monanty and Lakhe, total quality management is a pragmatic long term systems approach initiated and direct by the top management to brig about a total cultural change and into link and integrate everyone, every function, every process involvement and participation of people to meet the dynamic needs off the customer and to creates a loyal but at the same time a diversified base.
Total quality management is a user driven it cannot be imposed from outside the organization, as perhaps can be quality standard or statistical process controls this means the ideas for improvement must come from those with knowledge and experience of the processes activities and task, this has massive implications for training and follow up.
Although the effect of a successful programme will certainly reduce costs and improve productivity. The role of total quality management is concerned chiefly with changing attitude and skills so that the culture of the organization becomes one of predating failure that is doing the rights in order to attend the stated goals of.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem:
The Federal University of technology Owerri 9FUTO) has been known to carryout their activities and programme in a variety of ways that suit them for the purpose of accomplishment of the goals of this institution. In all thee there style of management that have been adopted over the years have tailed to yield optimum result.
The role total quality management has been adopted by this institution but the subordinates do not understanding their roles an this management style and have has create organizational confusion.
The productivity of the employees in these institutions has been on the down turn and there is need for improvement.
There is numerous problems of this reach study like inadequate planning for implementation which is aim in tending the solution to there problems faced with the role at total quality management in these institution of higher learning.
1.3 Objective Of The Study:
The objectives of this study are as follows:
- To find out it the knowledge and application of total quality management is well imbibed and assimilated by management
- To determine the benched of total quality management in the accomplishment of organizational goals.
- To identify the impact of total quality management on productivity of the organization
- To ascertain and promote the training of employees in the area of carrying out takes as demanded under total quality management.
- To find out the problem associated with total quality management.
1.4 Research Questions:
The following research questions will be analyzed in this research study they include:-
- Does the knowledge and application of total quality management well-imbibed and assimilated by management?
- What is the benefit of total quality management in the accomplishment of organizational goals?
- What is the impact of total quality management on productivity of the organization?
- In which ways does the training of employees in the area of carrying out tasks promote total quality management
- What are the problem associated with total quality Management.
1.5 Statement Of Hypothesis
Based on the above research question the researcher develop the following hypothesis:
- Ho: The knowledge and application of total not well imbibed and assimilated by management.
Hi: The knowledge benefit of total quality management helps in the accomplishment of organization goals.
- Ho: The benefit of total quality management does not help in the accomplishment of organization goals.
- Ho: The impact of total quality management does not enhance productivity of the organization
Hi: The impact of total quality management enhance impact of quality management enhance productivity of the organization.
1.6 Significance Of The Study:
The significance of this project comprise primary and secondary beneficiaries of this study.
The primary beneficiaries will be the chief executive officers of these institutions of learning. They include the vice- chancellor and the principal officers, and also their governing council who would be made to understand newest additions to the process of total quality management (TQM).
The secondary beneficiaries will include the employees in this institutions as well as the student also.
Lastly, it will helps the organization to reduce wastage and enhance productivity, thereby achieving the state goals and objectives of the organization.
1.7 Scope Of The Study:
This project work, study the role of total quality management in federal university of Technology Owerri. Hence this study will undertake through analysis the role of total quality management in Registry Department of FUTO.
There are six units to registry department which form the case studies it this project study and the researcher will effect draw her primary data from them.
1.8 Limitation Of Study:
However, this research study was limited in a number of ways.
There was problem with accessibility of the information required by the selected units especially those that has to do with the top management.
Unavailability of Respondent
The respondent was unwilling to respondent to fill and complete questionnaire administered to them was problematic given the research unfulfilled appointment.
Finally some works was unfriendly and too secretive in some unit to give attention to the researcher.
1.9 Definition Of Terms:
The process or art of guiding or directing people towards achievement at organizational goals or objectives.
The state it being genuine authentic and enterprising for a purpose.
Laid down achievable text of an institution or organization.
People properly recruited, selected and trained for the purpose of performance of a specific task in an organization.
The rate at which a work, a company or a country products goods and the amount produced.
Achieving the objectives of an organization at minimum of reduce cost.
Achieving the set objectives
The art of process of combining two or more things so that they work together.
The process becoming letter or act of making letter.
The act of marking groups of people etc to work together in an efficient and organized way.
A thing that has done successfully especially using their own effort and skill.
Done as part of a plan that is meant to achieve a particular purpose or to gain an advantage.
5.0 Summary Of Findings, Conclusion And Reformations
In this chapter, the finding from the previous chapter were summarized. Thereafter, the researcher made necessary conclusion on the basis of findings and critical analysis of responses from respondents. Also recommendation on hold to adopt, total quality management in federal university of technology Owerri In particular and organization in general.
5.2 Summary Of Finding:
Total research work focused on total quality management on federal university technology Owerri the researcher started the background of study, the statement of problems which includes the inability of these selected department to accomplish their goals or objectives through their old management style.
The researcher also derived the purpose of study while includes the reasons why organizations adopt total quality management. Then there was the research questions and the hypothesis which includes that total quality management does not enhance employee productivity. There was also significance of the study. Based on a critical evaluation off the aforementioned area of study, the research discovery the following.
Critical evaluation of the aforementioned area of study, the research discovery the following.
- Majority of the organization does not practice total quality management.
- Unskilled top executive also effect the activities of total quality management in an organization
- Total quality management helps to literates with all activities of the organization, beginning with identification of customers requirements and end up with the satisfaction.
- Total quality management provides consistency and satisfaction in tems of method, material and equipment
- Lastly it enables the organization to achieve the goals and objective set out in its policy and strategy.
The researcher made the following conclusion based on the findings, of this research work.
- That total quality management is the best management tool t be used by organization
- The adoption of total quality management enhance employee performance and increased productivity.
- That the role of total quality management helps to promote the image of organization whether public or private as such it helps the organization to achieve its goals or objective within the specified period of time.
- Lastly total quality management helps to know the customer needs and expectation in order to improve quality.
Based on the findings of this research the research make the following
- There is need involve subordinates or employees I the preparation of the policies and procedures to be involved in the application off total quality management.
- There is the need to strengthen the reward system attached to the effectiveness of total quality management (TQM).
- Also there should be full implementation of total quality management in an organization.
- Also there should be need for the a ticulation of management techniques and styles
- That are practical in organization with that of total quality management: This willing be help to produce better results.
- Employees will made to undergo training and further development to enable them tall in lins with the attainment of organizational objectives or goals through total quality management.
- Finally the problems of total quality management will be greatly reduced I there is increased participation off both the middle-level and low level management within the organization.
The Role Of Total Quality Management In Nigeria Universities (A Case Study Of Federal University Of Technology, Owerri)
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Role Of Total Quality Management In Nigeria Universities (A Case Study Of Federal University Of Technology, Owerri)
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “The Role Of Total Quality Management In Nigeria Universities (A Case Study Of Federal University Of Technology, Owerri) ” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “The Role Of Total Quality Management In Nigeria Universities (A Case Study Of Federal University Of Technology, Owerri) ” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.