The Role And Impact Of Extension Workers Towards The Development And Improvement Of Cooperative Farming (A Case Study Of A Selected Cooperative Societies In Oguta Local Government Area, Imo State)
The study was undertaken to investigate the role and impact of extension workers towards the development and improvement of cooperative farming in Oguta local government area of Imo State. To achieve this, the researcher reviewed the literature in line with the five research questions formulated. Data is collected using copies of a structured questionnaire which is distributed to 232 respondents in Oguta local government area of Imo State who were the targeted population. Frequency distribution, mean percentages was used to analyze the data. Based on the findings the following recommendations were made, the government should develop a consist policy to protect extension workers, government should acknowledge their duty and encourage them by a way of providing necessary required tools and materials, the need to rise in financial subscription in order to increase the capital base per society, government and cooperative societies should employ those that have passion for farming, interest rate should be reduced to the dearest minimum to attract borrowing for easy finding since workers is to improve the farming condition of farmers, this will encourage farmers to produce in large quality.
Table of Contents
- Title page
- Approval page
- Table of contents
- 1.1 General overview of study
- 1.2 Statement of the problems
- 1.3 Objectives of the study
- 1.4 Research question
- 1.5 Scope of the study
- 1.6 Significance of the study
- 1.7 Limitations of the study
- 1.8 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 The meaning of extension
- 2.2 Extension workers and rural people
- 2.3 Government
- 2.4 Collective action in the community
- 2.5 Efforts of the extension workers towards the development of cooperative family skills and knowledge
- 2.6 Coping with extension worker in Oguta
- 2.7 Problems of extension
- 2.8 Solution to problems
3.0 Research Methodology
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Research design
- 3.3 Population and sample techniques
- 3.4 Sampling techniques
- 3.5 Validity and reliability of measuring instruments
- 3.6 Method of data analysis
4.0 Presentation and Analysis of Data
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Presentation of data
- 4.3 Interpretation of results
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
- 5.1 Summary
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendations
Over the years in the eastern part of migration, the importance of agricultural extension workers has been overlooked which has contributed to our agricultural cooperative degenerating into nothing.
Therefore, unless proper attention is given to the acquisition of skill for development of farming, I must predict that in the next few years farming will overlooked in Oguta.
In Nigeria generally, since our old and young ones are no more interest in development of agricultural cooperative for this, proper analysis on how this can be restored back and its importance is stated here in properly analyzed even to a lay man’s understanding.
Extension workers are therefore very critical in the improvement of this agricultural cooperative since they are learned individuals whom by their interaction can motivate even the rural residents acquire this skill and work with it for the growth of our economy. In England for instance, people recognized the relevant of this agricultural cooperative and it turned their life for the better.
Therefore, since cooperative society are group of people who have identified their problem and have come together to find a solution to it and many others the importance of agricultural cooperative can never be overemphasized since it plays better roles on the life of the people of Oguta in Imo State of migration.
1.1 General Overview of the Study
The knowledge of agricultural extension is a very critical issue to be précised, ignorance of this might cause us to spend highly in our farming activities for not knowing or having the proper skill and knowledge on how to easily make our faming a successful one. For this a proper attention has been drawn in this work on lasting solution to problems that normally arise from this, which ranged from wasting of time, energy, money lost of life on the process of farming and harvesting of what has been planted to a much easier procedure which saves time and ever less stressful to individuals who have adopted that.
1.2 Statement of the Problems
The problem which an agricultural extension worker can face at the course of reviewing our agricultural cooperative and knowledge is enormous.
An extension worker can face problems like:
- Lack of patronage.
- Lack of storage facilities.
- Custom and traditions.
- Lack of fund.
- Ignorance by government.
- Lack of processing facilities.
- Attitude of banks towards agricultural cooperative.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The board objectives of this work is to find out the role and impact of extension workers towards the development of cooperative society.
Other specific objective includes:
- To find out the types of farming practiced by the cooperative society.
- To find out if they are facing the problems of lack of extension services.
- To find out if the extension education given to them by the extension agents are beneficial to them.
- To what appropriate recommendation based on findings.
1.4 Research Questions
- What are the types of farming practiced by the cooperative society?
- Do extension workers actually visit the cooperative societies?
- Are they facing problems of lack of extension services?
- Is extension education give to members of cooperative beneficial to them?
- What is the appropriate recommendation of the extension workers towards the development of cooperative farming?
1.5 Scope of the Study
It focuses on the role and impact of extension workers towards the development and improvement of cooperative farming.
The researcher used the selected cooperative society to solve some problem facing the extension workers in Oguta, Imo State. They are many selected cooperative society in Oguta but the chosen one is (Osemoto, Ubehudara, Ositadimma, Uwaozuruonye).
The office of selected cooperative in Oguta helped by administered sample size and secondary data were collected.
1.6 Significance of the Study
The significance helps us to differentiate between so many things as long as the role of extension workers in the development of cooperative farming skills is concerned.
- It helps us to know to do on the farm at a given time.
- It provides cooperative societies the best way any method of growing crops and marketing a large turn over in return to the established capitals.
- With the help of extension works in our various community, farming is made so easy.
- Cooperative extension workers impacts in cooperative societies the necessary skill required to improved socio-economic welfare of members.
- Extension workers create a room from research to be carried out so as to know the best method to apply in farming or rearing of poultries.
- With the help of cooperative extension workers farming of different crops and animals with gain knowledge and skill needed settles the confusion mostly cost by illiteracy and ignorance of the rural people.
1.7 Limitations of the Study
The limitations of this study are highlighted as follows:
(i) Financial Problem:
Insufficient finance to travel out to get information from extension agent, cooperative members, cooperative officer and problem of getting relevant books from state library.
Due to the short period of the semester coupled with school activities, there was no much time to go for extra information is would have expected.
(iii) Inadequate Power Supply:
Unsteady power supply came as a linage challenge to this work.
1.8 Definition of Terms
A cooperative society is a group of people who have identified their problems and have come together to find solution to their problems and solving them.
Extension workers are people sent may be by government of cooperative societies to a particular rural area in order to help the illiterate individuals in the area learn the best of way of farming.
Continues in the Complete Material…
How To Get The Complete Material For The Role And Impact Of Extension Workers Towards The Development And Improvement Of Cooperative Farming (A Case Study Of A Selected Cooperative Societies In Oguta Local Government Area, Imo State)
The Complete Material will be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make a Mobile Transfer or POS Payment of ₦3,000 to any of the Account Below
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
|Account No.: 1225513212|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 80 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Role And Impact Of Extension Workers Towards The Development And Improvement Of Cooperative Farming (A Case Study Of A Selected Cooperative Societies In Oguta Local Government Area, Imo State)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
This research material “The Role And Impact Of Extension Workers Towards The Development And Improvement Of Cooperative Farming (A Case Study Of A Selected Cooperative Societies In Oguta Local Government Area, Imo State)” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “The Role And Impact Of Extension Workers Towards The Development And Improvement Of Cooperative Farming (A Case Study Of A Selected Cooperative Societies In Oguta Local Government Area, Imo State)” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.
806 888 7354