The Role Of Human Capital Management In Organization Efficiency In Peugeot Automobile Of Nigeria Kaduna (PAN)
The study examined the role of human capital management in organization efficiency in Peugeot automobile of Nigeria Kaduna. The research objective were to examined the nature of recruitment and selection adopted by the organization in Peugeot automobile of Nigeria Kaduna, to know the extent to which human capital management is important and to also identify the problems the organization encounter in managing their human capital and there causes. To provide solution to the study. A survey research design was adopted for the study. Questionnaire and documentary sources were used for data collection. The statistic mean score was used to analyze data obtained from the field with a total population of 215 employees and 80 sample size was used. The findings of the study reveal that encouraging team work and cooperation is an essential means of effective human capital management leads to workers high and enhances efficient performance. In conclusion, the research recommended that the management should ensure that there is an established human capital management to serve as a guide for the recruitment exercise of the organization in order to improve workers productivity.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Approval page
- 1.1 Background of the Study
- 1.2 Statement of Problem
- 1.3 Objective of the Study
- 1.4 Research Questions
- 1.5 Significance of the Study
- 1.6 Scope of the Study
- 1.7 Limitation of the Study
- 1.8 Definition of Terms
- 2.1 The Concept of Human Capital Management
- 2.2 Organization View of HCM
- 2.3 Human Capital Management in Nigeria
- 2.4 Positive Impact of HCM on Organizational Efficiency
- 2.5 Negative Impact of HCM on Organization Efficiency
- 2.6 Characteristics of Human Capital Management
- 2.7 Factors that Limit the Impact of Human Capital management on Organization Efficiency
- 2.8 reason for failure of human capital management
- 2.9 Organizational Role in Human Capital Development
- 2.10 Creating a Productive work Environment
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Research Design
- 3.3 Area of the Study
- 3.4 Population of the Study
- 3.5 Sample Size and Sampling Techniques
- 3.6 Instrument of Data Collection
- 3.7 Validity of Instrument
- 3.8 Reliability of Instrument
- 3.9 Method of Data Collection
- 3.10 Method of Data Analysis
Data Presentation and Analysis
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Characteristic of Respondents
- 4.3 Data Presentation and Analysis
- 4.4 Summary of the Finding
- 4.5 Discussion
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1 Summary
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendation
1.1 Background of the Study
For an organization to effectively and efficiently achieve its organization objectives there must be human capital management, reporting, measurement and drawing conclusion about the significance of the outcomes of measurement as a guide to future action. Human capital management focuses the attention of an organization leadership team on the strategies it should adopt. It identifies these aspects of people management that demonstrably have the greatest bearing on business performance. It clarifies the return that can be obtained in terms of increased profitability, productivity and overall effectiveness arising from the development deployment and engagement of the people the organization needs to active its goals HCM points the way to achieving human capital advantage by highlighting where and how investments in people generate the highest returns. It ensures that HRM policies include knowledge management, resourcing, talent management, performance, and reward and recognition processes, which will bring organizational efficiency. This research project intends to practically study how human capital management impacts on organizational efficiency
1.2 Statement of Problem
Human capital management (HCM) has been described as “a strategic approach to people management that focuses on the issues that are critical to an organizational success” in teams of competences, knowledge and personality.(Armstrong 2007) Apparently human capital management has been experiencing many problems ranging from poor designing and implementation of human capital strategy, ineffective human capital measurement, inadequate human capital reporting system, huge investment of money on physical management than human capital management and ineffective human management technique.
This research project intends to look at how small and medium scale industries have been grappling with these and other problems with particular reference to their efficiency. For lack of time and resources, the research will focus one Peugeot, Automobile of Nigeria Kaduna.
1.3 Objective of the Study
- To examine the nature of recumbent and selection adopted by the organization.
- To know the extent at which human capital management is important in Peugeot Automobile of Nigeria Kaduna (PAN).
- To identify the problems the organization encounter in management their human capital and there causes capital.
1.4 Research Questions
- What is the nature of recruitment and selection adopted by Peugeot Automobile of Nigeria Kaduna (PAN)?
- What are the extent to which human capital management is important is Peugeot Automobile of Nigeria Kaduna (PAN)?
- What are the problems organization encounter in managing their human capital an its causes in Peugeot Automobile of Nigeria Kaduna (PAN).
1.5 Significance of the Study
The significance of this research work to the organization cannot over emphasize. This research work will look at the important area of changing the perception of the employer’s view of their employees as a cost not as an asset. Also it will highlight some important aspects of the impact of human capital management on organizational efficiency. To practicing managers, this will enable them to control coordinate, direct and plan the activities of the organizational effectively .For other researchers/school and libraries, this study will be beneficial as it enriches their study.
1.6 Scope of the Study
The scope of the study based on the Role of Human Capital Management in Organization Efficiency in Peugeot Automobile of Nigeria Kaduna (PAN)
Considering the sensitivity of the research topic and the possible limiting factors that might be confronted with, the research is restricted only to one organization that is in Peugeot Automobile Company Nigeria Kaduna. The study covers a time from 2008 to 2012.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
In the study of this nature, one is bound to encounter some problem that will serve as the limitation of the study, important among which are:
i. Time constraint:
The time necessary to complete this study was short and as a result of this, enough data were not consulted other constraints similar to this is the tight academic work the researcher was faced with at the time period.
ii Data collection:
Some of the data need of the research on. Internets were not available to unsubscribed users. Therefore, the researcher was faced with the option of going out in other to get these data since most of the data could not be gotten from within.
Finance acted as a stumbling block to the execution of this project. The money needed for transportation, browsing, printing e.t.c. posed some difficulties to the researcher, hence acting as limiting factors.
In spite of these limitations, the content and achievement of this write up will be of valuable use to the students and society at large and also to further researchers.
1.8 Definition of Terms
Is a specialized word that applies to people, as distinct from the other species of animals.
For the purpose of the research are the innate or acquired human ability, which is the stock of accumulated knowledge, skills, experience, creativity, and other relevant workforce, that is valuable on organizational investment.
For out purpose, we can regard management as taking place within a structural organizational setting with a prescribed role directed to wards the attainment of aims and objectives.
It is a cooperative and coordinated social system of two or more people within a common purpose.
This is the performing measure work (ration of standard measures hour of work produced and the actual time taken).
This is the area of knowledge ability and skills that increases an individual’s effectives in dealing with the work.
One of the numbers of thins or part of a whole that can be looked at to see what the rest is like
Mobile Telecommunication Network
Human Capital Management
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
This research assessed the impact of human capital management on productivity in Peugeot Automobile of Nigeria Kaduna (PAN). The research was able to underscore this vital organization phenomenon in the course of this research work. It was discovered that human capital in any organization necessitated the need for its management and control in order to effectively and efficiently harmonies other capital of the organization towards the attainment of predetermined objectives of the organization. It is the need to plan for how to deal with the problems of advancement in technology of production, information technology and computerization as they affect how jobs are to be carried out in an organization and by whom.
As such, there is a need for business organization to remain adoptive and respond to change in the business environment which is highly dynamic.
Also, it is observed that human capital management programme, organizations would be able to acquire the required skills that will improve the workers productivity and as such, increase the general performance of the organization.
Out of 215 employees, 80 were selected using the simple random sampling techniques. The survey research technique was used. A questionnaire formulated in five (5) Lekert scale constituted the instrument of study. The mean(x) was used to analyzed data in line within the research question.
In light of the findings, it is conclude that human capital management (HCM) is the process in which management ensures that it has right personnel who are capable of completing those tasks that will help• the organization to attain its objectives and goals. Human capital management (HCM) can also be referred to as the process of ensuing that the organization has the right kind of people in the right place at the right time It gives the management foresight on how to respond to the environment changes as regard to demand and supply.
In the light of the research findings, the following recommendations were offered.
- Firstly, the management should ensure that there is an established human capital management to serve as a guide for the recruitment exercise of the organizations in order to improve workers productivity.
- Secondly, human capital management policy should be appropriated with the required capitals to improve the overall organizational objectives.
- There should be a cordial working relationship between the management and their employees.
- Effective human resource management is critical to ensuring organizational success.
- Human resource department must be aligned with organization strategic vision. The vision will provide an indication of where the company is heading and the people resource needed to help it get there.
- Human resource leader Should review, the company’s’ current vision to determine ways in which human resource activities can support that vision.
- Human resources staff must consider whether the vision is applicable based on external and internal.
- Human resource leaders should examine demographics of the Workforce to determines where gaps may exist between current skills and experience that may emerge in the future.
- Finally Peugeot Automobile of Nigeria Kaduna (PAN) should review its human capital management policy as time demand so as to meet up with the change in the business environment
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Role Of Human Capital Management In Organization Efficiency In Peugeot Automobile Of Nigeria Kaduna (PAN)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply