Role Of Effective Leadership In The Achievement Of Organization
The main purpose of this research study was to appraise the roles of effective leadership in the achievement of organization objectives, especially in the institute of management and technology, IMT Enugu, in Enugu state.
This research work was conducted in Enugu State. The area of study constitute the institute of management and technology personnel and union leader. To elicit reliable and accurate information, based on the above topic, a total number of two hundred and nine for the personnel and union leaders were used by the research to obtain reliable information based on the study.
The outcomes of the study revealed that the role of effective leadership have great impact in the achievement of organization objectives, that the institute of Management and Technology, have efficient and effective machinery to implement her planned programme for effective leadership roles and that the union leaders and personnel are satisfied with the roles of organization objectives.
The conclusions reached were that every organization should consider some internal and external factors before choosing the kind of leadership style and the effective leadership should be empowered and encouraged by the subordinates
Based on the findings and the conclusion, the following recommendation were made that organization should choose leaders that are goal and people oriented that a true democratic
Leadership style is recommended as the best leadership style for every organization that want to achieve her organization objectives.
Finally subordinates should encourage and support the efforts of effective leadership so as to achieve organization objectives.
1.1 Background Of The Study;
An effective leadership has been widely acknowledged as a potent instrument for achieving organisation goals and objectives especially in the Institution of Management and Technology, IMT, Enugu.
Leadership is an important aspect of managing the ability to lead effectively is one of the keys to being an effective manager; the essence of leadership is fellowship. In otherwords, it is the willingness of people to follow that makes a person a leader. Moreover, people tend to follow those whom they perceive as providing a means of achieving their own desires, wants and needs. That is why any organization that desires to achieve her objectives, must have an effective and efficient leadership who knows how to apply all the management principles in achieving her organizational objectives.
The leader must be one who is willing to work with zeal and confidence. Zeal here reflect ardor earnestness, and intensity in the execution of work, confidence reflects experience and technical ability. To lead is to guide, conduct, direct and proceed. Leaders act to help a group achieve objectives with maximum application of its capabilities. They should not be leaders who do not stand behind a group or organization to push and to proud. They should place themselves before. The group as they facilitate progress and inspire the group to accomplish organizational goals.
This is the kind of leadership we desire to have in our institutions especially in IMT, Enugu. Furthermore, it should be noted that, any organization without an effective efficient leadership is like one driving a car without a head-lamp in the night. This could be very dangerous and could also limit their chances of achieving their objectives. That most organizations do not realize their goals and objectives could be attributed to inefficient and ineffective leadership.
For an institution like IMT, to realize all her laudable organizational goals should have an effective leadership who possess all the required leadership traits and qualities.
Leadership according to Katz and Kahn (1978:p.16) is generally defined simply as influence, the art or process of influencing people so that they will strive willingly to achieve a group goal. This concept can be enlarged to imply not only willingness to work but also willingness to work with zeal and confidence. Zeal reflects ardor, earnestness, and intensity in the execution of work, confidence reflects experience and technical ability. To lead is to guide, conduct, direct and precede.
The institution of Management and Technology have the following problems in the achievement her goals. They include, inefficient leadership, environmental factors, policy inconsistency, political instability, interference from the government, poor funding, poor management etc.
1.2 Statement Of The Problems
The Institute of Management and Technology, IMT, Enugu, has been one of the leading polytechnics in the country and in Enugu State, particularly in terms of enhancing qualitative education in both management and technology. One of her objectives is the integration of the individual with the society and the preparation of the individual for effective function in the society. This remark was made known by Njenze, the then the rector of this institution.
This institution has trained and education so may prominent Nigerians and has helped in the enhancement of Science, management and technology in the country. Most parents organisations proffers to send their wards, Childrens and their staff to undergo some courses in management and technology. This is because of the satisfactory performances of others who have attended their higher institution here in IMT.
To this regard, there have been concerned effort by both the Federal and State Government and even the governing council of IMT in the enhancement of the roles of effective leadership in the achievement of her objectives. The vice president of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar had -–announced a handsome reward or package a waiting the best institution of higher- learning who had distinguished herself in stepping or producing cultism meanness in our tertiary institutions, checking drug abuses among students, examination mal practices and above all in achieving her organisational goals and objectives.
But inspite of all the effort being made by government, most higher institutions are still experiencing various problems in the achievement of their goals, particularly in I M T, Enugu.
There is relatively low level of standard in our educational system, cultism, incessant strike actions, mismanagement of funds by these in the holism of affairs, there is relatively low level of productively as most personnel are not putting in their best poor planning and implementation and their subordinates as this will not bring fruitful result in the achievement of organsitional goals especially in IMT Enugu.
To this extent, therefore to the objectives of this institution in this regard has not been comprehensively met. One can therefore safety assume that. When one passes through an institution like IMT will be well prepared for participating and leadership roles in the development of the Nigeria society.
These give rise to the following pertinent questions as regards to the above-mentioned problems
- What are the roles of the effective leadership in the achievement of organisational goal?
- What goals are they expected to pursue ? What impact would their roles have in the employees utilization of capability ?
- What strategies were been adopted in enhancing the roles of effective leadership ? What strategies are currently been used ?
- Is any need for the roles of efficient leadership?
- Are the students satisfied with the roles of efficient leadership in the achievement of the institution’s goals and objectives?
- Do they have the efficient and effective machinery to implement her planned programmer ?
- What leadership styles and the best climate would enable them achieve her objectives?
- What factors or problems affecting the roles of efficient leadership in the achievement of organisational goals?
- What other possible ways would be recommended in the realization of these goals and objectives?
1.3 Objectives Of The Study
The study will address the following objectives.
- To evaluate the roles of effective leadership in achieving organisational goals and objectives
- To determine the impact of the role of efficient leadership in an organisation.
- To find out if there is any need for the role of effective leadership in an organization.
- To assess whether the strategies adopted have been very effective and efficient in the achievement of organization goals.
- To study the climate under which an effective leadership will thrive.
- To find out whether, the students and the employees are satisfied with the roles of effective leadership in an organisation
- To study whether the roles of effective and efficient leadership have been very effective and efficient in achieving organisational goals.
- To find out the problems limiting the efficacy of the roles of effective organisational goals.
- To recommend on how best to enhance the effective and efficient roles of effective leadership in the achievement of organisational goals.
1.5 Formulation Of Hypothesis
The following hypothesis form the basis or the framework for carrying out this research study.
- Ho: The roles of effective leadership not been very effective and efficient in the achievement of organization objectives.
H1: The roles of effective leadership have been very effective and efficient in the achievement of organisation objectives.
- Ho: IMT have no efficient and effective machinery to implement her planned programmes for effective leadership roles.
H2: IMT have efficient and effective machinery to implement her planned programmers for effective leadership roles.
- Ho: The role effective leadership has no impact in the achievement of organisation objectives.
H3: The roles of effective leadership have great impact in the achievement of organisation objectives
To solve the research problems, the researcher or the investigator has asked the following questions.
- Is there any need for the role of effective leadership in the achievement of organisation goals
- Which leadership style is most profound in the institute of management and technology Enugu ?
- Has the role of effective leadership any impact in the employees utilization of capability ?
- Has environmental factors affected the roles of effective leadership in achieving orgnaisational goals ?
- Has the kind of leadership and employees satisfied with the roles of effective leadership in achievement of effective leadership in achieving organizational goals ?
1.6 Significance Of The Study
This study is very timely, especially now that all hands are on decoct to enhance the development and growth of education in our tertiary institutions nationwide. This study will be of immense benefit to other business enterprise on how to determine the best leadership style to adopt in achieving her enterprise goals and objectives. In addition, the study will determine the factors or problems limiting the attainment of organization’s goals. It I excepted that her findings will help to bridge any gap that may exist and make our tertiary institutions and other sectors adopt the best leadership style aimed at achieving her organisation laudable goals. It is very necessary in the achievement of organisation’s goals, and to evaluate its effectiveness, especially now that we talk of granting our institutions autonomy in handling their own affairs. It seems that a lot of problems are being encountered that make the roles of effective leadership not productive and viable.
This study will determine why most effective leadership do not achieve their organisation’s goals.
Organization like IMT, Enugu, must achieve her corporate objectives in order to justify her existence. This cannot be possible without the roles of effective leadership
1.7 Scope Of The Study.
The scope of this study is very wide if it has to be carried out nation-wide. This study is sample narrowed to the institute of management and technology, IMT Enugu, and it based on the evaluation of the roles of effective leadership in the achievement of organization’s goals
1.8 Limitations Of The Study
The researcher were not constrained by many problems because he is a student of the institute of management and technology Enugu and every attention he needed were given to him. This is to enable him obtain all the necessary information form the establishment. This does not involve much finance, time or any other material resources to carry out the study, since he is a student of the institution.
1.9 Definition Of Terms
This is generally defined as – influence, the art or process of influence people so that they will strive willingly toward the achievement of group goal.
This refers to the extent to which output is in line with organizational objectives.
This is defined as fitness or power to accomplish or in accomplishing the purposes intended it described the relationship between resources consumed in process of generating effective out put and the output so produced.
How To Get The Complete Material For Role Of Effective Leadership In The Achievement Of Organization
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Role Of Effective Leadership In The Achievement Of Organization
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply