The Role Of Effective Communication On Organizational Performance (A Study Of Abia Broadcasting Corporation And Abia Transport Company Limited)
👁🗨Download up-to-date Post UTME past questions here
📩Get complete project / seminar material for any topic
This project is dedicated to God Almighty, the Universal of whole knowledge through him that dramatized the language of communication being effective and to Udekigbo family.
I wish to thank the Almighty God for providing me with the spiritual, physical and material empowerment which I needed for the actualization of my academic pursuit.
I express my profound gratitude to my matrimonial and patrimonial home especially my parents Hon. Aloysius Udekigbo and beloved mother Mrs. Lucy Udekigbo (Eziuche Nwanyi) for their indisputable and indispensable unique effort which grant crown. I will not forget the enablement and encouragement of my siblings comprising Mr. Ifeanyi, Ebuka, Somtochukwu, Ekene, Chibueze and Miss Chinyere for all their good doing.
I am indebted to people and acknowledge my uncle; Mr. Eugene Udekigbo and his family, John Okafor, David, Beatrice, fellow noble colleague and to other people. It is not possible for me to bestow adequate recognition on all who provided assistance due to space and time constraints during my academic pursuit.
It is often said that learning is a too way traffic” their innumerable contributions are not despised. I say kudos and Bravo must be given to you all.
I owe greater part to my supervisor Mr. D.C. Ohadinma whose supervision, correction had suggestion and I was able to complete this project. Your positive dispositions towards creative endeavour of all manner of people that come around you are unprecedented. I say may God reward you all a million.
Communication is effective when a message is properly passed by the encoder and understood by the decoder and expected response received by the sender. However, effective communication is found to be lacking because of poor communication system.
This investigation, is therefore aimed at identifying those problem order has brought the need for developing countries to make a scientific study of communication to international relation. As a result communication studies within the last decade, become the forces of attention of many researchers and educators.
The main instrument used in gathering data for the study was the use of questionnaire designers for sample size. Consequently, certain findings were made which is that efficient communication can only be achieved when information or message is conveyed accurately in brevity, clarity. Whether in oral, written form expression, devoid of ambiguities, complications and other forms of barriers.
Table Of Contents
- Title page i
- Approval page ii
- Dedication iii
- Acknowledgement iii
- Abstract vi
- Table of contents vii
- 1.0 Introduction 1
- 1.1 Background of the study 1
- 1.2 Statement of the problem 2
- 1.3 Objectives of the study 3
- 1.4 Research questions 4
- 1.5 Research hypotheses 5
- 1.6 Significance of the study 5
- 1.7 Scope of the study 6
- 1.8 Limitations of the study 6
- 1.9 Definition of terms 8
- 2.0 Literature review 9
- 2.1 Introduction 9
- 2.2 Conceptual framework 10
- 2.3 Theoretical base/framework 13
- 2.4 Other issues 16
- 2.5 Conclusion/researcher’s view/position
- 3.0 Research design and methodology 23
- 3.1 Introduction 23
- 3.2 Research design 23
- 3.3 Sources of data 24
- 3.4 Methods of data collection 25
- 3.5 Population and sample size 26
- 3.6 Sampling techniques 30
- 3.7 Validity and reliability of measuring instruments 31
- 3.8 Methods of data analysis 32
- 4.0 Presentation and analysis of data 35
- 4.1 Introduction of data 35
- 4.2 Presentation of data 36
- 4.3 Test of hypotheses 50
- 5.0 Summary, conclusion and recommendations 62
- 5.1 Introduction 62
- 5.2 Summary of findings 63
- 5.3 Conclusion 64
- 5.4 Recommendations 65
- 5.5 Suggestion for further research 67
- Reference s 68
- Appendix I 71
- Questionnaires 72
1.1 Background Of The Study
Communication is the basic to an organization existence. It is one of the most common activities people engaged, in facts, feedings and idea must be communicated before meaningful decisions can be made, and it must continue if the objectives of the organization is to be achieved.
Managers spend more of their time communicating to coordinate human and physical elements of the organization in effective and efficient working unit. Communication is also pertinent that without it an organization cannot function. Since an organization is a group of people associated for business, politics, religion, social and other purpose, its activities requires human beings to interact and react to changes, information, idea, plan and proposals, to coordinate and to make decision both within and outside the organization. In order to create communication must be clear, precise, unambiguous and undistorted.
The absence of clear information machinery may cripple the activities of an organization. The study therefore, aims at findings out how effective communication is to organizational performance.
1.2 Statements Of The Problem
Basically there are problem that occur when communication is not effective in the running of an organization. Some of them are:poor communication in some case has led to breakdown of law and order in organization. Poor communication may affect harmonious industrial relationship between employees and management.
The cast of poor communication includes, misunderstanding, waste, inefficiently, poor moral, feeding, confusion and many others.
Poor communication might lead to breakdown in labor relations which might cause industrial actions and disruption of productions. The problem s posed but poor communication shall be studied, with a view to improve communication in organization, hereby reducing, the dangers associated with gaps in information flow.
1.3 Objective Of The Study
The purpose of this study is to establish and examine the flow of communication or information on organizational performance.
Other specific objectives are as follows:
- To evaluate the impact of poor communication that led to breakdown of law and order in Nigeria.
- To evaluate the impact of poor communication that led harmonious industrial relationship between employees and management in Nigeria.
- To evaluate the impact of poor communication that led to confusion among employees in Nigeria.
- To evaluate the impact of poor communication that led to poor moral between employees and management in Nigeria.
- To evaluate the impact of poor communication that led to actions and disruption of production in Nigeria.
1.4 Research Questions
In order to achieve the purpose of this study, the following research questions are deduced:
- Does effective communication enhance productivity in your organization?
- Does effective communication led to breakdown of law and other in Nigeria?
- Does effective communication have any impact in your organization?
- Does effective communication have any impact to the confusion among employees and management in your organization?
1.5 Research Hypotheses
Ho: There is no significant relationship between effective communications and the achievement of organization objectives in Nigeria.
Hi: There is no significance relationship between effective communication and achievement of organization objectives in Nigeria.
Ho: Breakdown of law and order has no significance on the quality of effective communication in Nigeria.
Hi: Breakdown of law and order has significance on the quality of effective communication in Nigeria.
1.6 Significance Of The Study
This project work will be relevant in various ways:
- The outcome of this project will be useful to the role of effective communication on organizational performance.
- The project work will also serve as reference material to other researchers wishing to examine the findings of this research work critically.
- The students of business administration will also find this research very useful.
- The research work will also help other firms in the communication sub section to know the importance of communication in the global world.
1.7 Scope Of The Study
The study was carried out to find the role of effective communication on organizational performance. The study is focused in Aba, Abia State. The work covered different actions of the organization, from the top management, middle managers and other workers.
1.8 Limitations of the Study
Not with standing the areas of study covered during this which includes:
1. Present course of study:the combination of lectures and this research work did not afford me enough time to carryout a through study of the subject matter.
2. Cost factors:the present prevailing economics predicament posed to a problem in procuring the whole materials, information needed and other relevant statistical data.
3. Time constraint:the research was constrained by coverage intended in the course of study.
4. Non-availability of research materials also limited me from getting enough information for the literature reviewed.
5. Non-challant:attitude of the respondents in giving answer to the questionnaire made it difficult to end the work, however, the above, mentioned constrains did not in any way invalidated the findings of the study.
1.9 Definition Of Terms
is a process of sharing or exchange of ideas, information, knowledge, attitude or feeling among two or more people in an organization.
this consists of two or more people coming together for a purpose.
Downward communication:this is a system in which communication flow from supervisor (upper) to the subordinate (lower) level.
this refers to information that flow from subordinate (lower) levels in the organization.
problems that prevents or make it impossible communication to be effective.
I bet you, the complete material is fully loaded. This is just an excerpt. The Material is in MS-Word Format which you can easily edit and is comprehensive for a complete research work for this topic
📩How to get the complete material
The complete material is
N3,000. You are to make payment to :
Account No: 0811003731,
Bank Name: Access Bank,
Acct Name: Samphina Academy.
The mode of payment is through bank transfer or bank deposit
After Payment, send us the following information:
- 📍Payment Details (For Transfer:Send the account name you transferred money from | For Deposit:Snap and send the deposit receipt)
- 📍Project / Seminar Material you need (Topic)
- 📍An Active Email Address
The three(3) ways in which you can send us these information are:
- Through our email address “email@example.com”
- Through Text Message to “08143831497”
- Through WhatsApp “click to start chat“
After Sending your information and making payment, the material will be forwarded to you in less than 10mins via your email address