The Role Of Effective Communication On Organizational Performance (A Study Of Abia Broadcasting Corporation And Abia Transport Company Limited)
Communication is effective when a message is properly passed by the encoder and understood by the decoder and expected response received by the sender. However, effective communication is found to be lacking because of poor communication system.
This investigation, is therefore aimed at identifying those problem order has brought the need for developing countries to make a scientific study of communication to international relation. As a result communication studies within the last decade, become the forces of attention of many researchers and educators.
The main instrument used in gathering data for the study was the use of questionnaire designers for sample size. Consequently, certain findings were made which is that efficient communication can only be achieved when information or message is conveyed accurately in brevity, clarity. Whether in oral, written form expression, devoid of ambiguities, complications and other forms of barriers.
Table Of Contents
- Title page i
- Approval page ii
- Dedication iii
- Acknowledgement iii
- Abstract vi
- Table of contents vii
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of the problem
- 1.3 Objectives of the study
- 1.4 Research questions
- 1.5 Research hypotheses
- 1.6 Significance of the study
- 1.7 Scope of the study
- 1.8 Limitations of the study
- 1.9 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature review
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Conceptual framework
- 2.3 Theoretical base/framework
- 2.4 Other issues
- 2.5 Conclusion/researcher’s view/position
3.0 Research design and methodology
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Research design
- 3.3 Sources of data
- 3.4 Methods of data collection
- 3.5 Population and sample size
- 3.6 Sampling techniques
- 3.7 Validity and reliability of measuring instruments
- 3.8 Methods of data analysis
4.0 Presentation and analysis of data
- 4.1 Introduction of data
- 4.2 Presentation of data
- 4.3 Test of hypotheses
5.0 Summary, conclusion and recommendations
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Summary of findings
- 5.3 Conclusion
- 5.4 Recommendations
- 5.5 Suggestion for further research
- Reference s
- Appendix I
1.1 Background Of The Study
Communication is the basic to an organization existence. It is one of the most common activities people engaged, in facts, feedings and idea must be communicated before meaningful decisions can be made, and it must continue if the objectives of the organization is to be achieved.
Managers spend more of their time communicating to coordinate human and physical elements of the organization in effective and efficient working unit. Communication is also pertinent that without it an organization cannot function. Since an organization is a group of people associated for business, politics, religion, social and other purpose, its activities requires human beings to interact and react to changes, information, idea, plan and proposals, to coordinate and to make decision both within and outside the organization. In order to create communication must be clear, precise, unambiguous and undistorted.
The absence of clear information machinery may cripple the activities of an organization. The study therefore, aims at findings out how effective communication is to organizational performance.
1.2 Statements Of The Problem
Basically there are problem that occur when communication is not effective in the running of an organization. Some of them are: poor communication in some case has led to breakdown of law and order in organization. Poor communication may affect harmonious industrial relationship between employees and management.
The cast of poor communication includes, misunderstanding, waste, inefficiently, poor moral, feeding, confusion and many others.
Poor communication might lead to breakdown in labor relations which might cause industrial actions and disruption of productions. The problem s posed but poor communication shall be studied, with a view to improve communication in organization, hereby reducing, the dangers associated with gaps in information flow.
1.3 Objective Of The Study
The purpose of this study is to establish and examine the flow of communication or information on organizational performance.
Other specific objectives are as follows:
- To evaluate the impact of poor communication that led to breakdown of law and order in Nigeria.
- To evaluate the impact of poor communication that led harmonious industrial relationship between employees and management in Nigeria.
- To evaluate the impact of poor communication that led to confusion among employees in Nigeria.
- To evaluate the impact of poor communication that led to poor moral between employees and management in Nigeria.
- To evaluate the impact of poor communication that led to actions and disruption of production in Nigeria.
1.4 Research Questions
In order to achieve the purpose of this study, the following research questions are deduced:
- Does effective communication enhance productivity in your organization?
- Does effective communication led to breakdown of law and other in Nigeria?
- Does effective communication have any impact in your organization?
- Does effective communication have any impact to the confusion among employees and management in your organization?
1.5 Research Hypotheses
- Ho: There is no significant relationship between effective communications and the achievement of organization objectives in Nigeria.
Hi: There is no significance relationship between effective communication and achievement of organization objectives in Nigeria.
- Ho: Breakdown of law and order has no significance on the quality of effective communication in Nigeria.
Hi: Breakdown of law and order has significance on the quality of effective communication in Nigeria.
1.6 Significance Of The Study
This project work will be relevant in various ways:
- The outcome of this project will be useful to the role of effective communication on organizational performance.
- The project work will also serve as reference material to other researchers wishing to examine the findings of this research work critically.
- The students of business administration will also find this research very useful.
- The research work will also help other firms in the communication sub section to know the importance of communication in the global world.
1.7 Scope Of The Study
The study was carried out to find the role of effective communication on organizational performance. The study is focused in Aba, Abia State. The work covered different actions of the organization, from the top management, middle managers and other workers.
1.8 Limitations of the Study
Not with standing the areas of study covered during this which includes:
- Present course of study: the combination of lectures and this research work did not afford me enough time to carryout a through study of the subject matter.
- Cost factors: the present prevailing economics predicament posed to a problem in procuring the whole materials, information needed and other relevant statistical data.
- Time constraint: the research was constrained by coverage intended in the course of study.
- Non-availability of research materials also limited me from getting enough information for the literature reviewed.
- Non-challant: attitude of the respondents in giving answer to the questionnaire made it difficult to end the work, however, the above, mentioned constrains did not in any way invalidated the findings of the study.
1.9 Definition Of Terms
Is a process of sharing or exchange of ideas, information, knowledge, attitude or feeling among two or more people in an organization.
This consists of two or more people coming together for a purpose.
This is a system in which communication flow from supervisor (upper) to the subordinate (lower) level.
This refers to information that flow from subordinate (lower) levels in the organization.
Problems that prevents or make it impossible communication to be effective.
5.0 Summary, Conclusion And Recommendations
The research findings show that the good side of organizations with the role of effective communication is pertinent towards organizational performance; there must be maximum cooperation, cordial relationship between the managers and subordinates.
In our organizations today, many activities can be effectively and efficiently done through effective communication.
The researcher found that effective communication aid in solving their problem easily, it helps their work continue flowing easily, it helps services normally increased, it helps to make stronger decision from the information gathered when there is effective communication.
5.2 Summary Of Findings
Effective communication in Abia Broadcasting Corporation and Abia Transport Company Limited. Specially, give employee and organization tangible benefit, such as quicker problem solving, stronger business relationship, steady workflow, increase services, stronger decision making.
- QUICKER PROBLEM SOLVING: It was found that effective communication between manager and subordinates (employees) make them, solving their problem easily.
- It was found that with effective communication in Abia Broadcasting Corporation and Abia Transport Company, their relationship in business was stronger.
- Steadier workflow: The researcher found that when manager and subordinates communicate effectively it makes their work continue flowing easily.
- It was found that services normally increased when there is effective communication in the organization.
- Stronger decision-making: The researcher found that with effective communication in the organization, the management makes stronger decision from the information gathered.
Effective communication in any business is fundamental. It can make the wheels of the business world turn efficiently and can equally paralyze the whole field of business activity of an organization.
Effective communication plays an important role in the management of any business organization and any time it is not effectively managed a lot of problems as they are existing, will surely manifest.
It has been proved that effective communication in business organization increase productivity and help to maintain steady business relationships. Abia Broadcasting Corporation and Abia Transport Company are still undergoing a period of encouraging the involvement of employees at various level to interact freely with their superior as often as possible in order to avoid staff dissatisfaction and resultant low productivity.
Organization that suffer problem of effective communication can still have prospect or hope of surviving instead of folding up. Managers should develop good communication skills, which will help as a means of overcoming the problems of effective communication the problems of effective communication, there problems of effective communication, and therefore achieve overall goal of the centre organization.
The objective of this study is to evaluate the impact of effective communication as well as to find solution to increase effective communication in business organization from the data analysis and other findings of the research the following recommendations are made.
- The management should endeavour to maintain climate of open communication whereby subordinates will feel to communicate matters to their superiors without fear of being punished. In order to improve the chances of high service and job satisfaction.
- The management should not use the grapevine deliberately but should recognized existence. The grape-vine is often a source of false information, which leads to rumours, anxiety and other similar dysfunctional behaviour at the workplace.
- The manager of the organization should form the habit of thinking through their ideas and considering the intended audience before settling words into print. Also, employee but regarded as important organizational assets.
- The management should improve the relationship among the workers and generate understanding, which is vital to its growth. Also, subordinates should try so much as possible to communicate their work problems to their immediate superior with the objective of helping the increase the overall service of the organization.
- Management should enhance the education of staff on the process of effective communication in the organization.
- Also, more emphasis should be put into the use of effective communication as a pre-requisite to the organizational growth. Conflicts will always arises but effective communication and education will always serve as an antidote for such conflicts.
5.5 For Further Research
Given that this research work focused on the role of effective communication in business organization.
The areas of further research include:
- The factors that can militate against effective communication in business organization.
- The ways of overcoming communication barriers.
- The possible ways of achieving effective communication in business organization.
- The desirable attitude of managers and employees for effective communication in business organization.
- The good communication process for effective communication in business organization.
How To Get The Complete Material For “The Role Of Effective Communication On Organizational Performance (A Study Of Abia Broadcasting Corporation And Abia Transport Company Limited)“
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Role Of Effective Communication On Organizational Performance (A Study Of Abia Broadcasting Corporation And Abia Transport Company Limited)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply