The Role Of Due Process In Organizational Governance (A Survey Of Imo State Civil Service Commission)
This research is an attempt to critically examine the role of due process in organizational governance, a survey of Imo State civil service commission. Due process is assuming a prominent position in organizational governance because any organization such as the civil service that does not employ due process in its governance has no direction.
The purpose of this work is to determine the role of of due process in organizational governance, the factors that affect the process and organizational governance in the civil service commission, the challenges facing due process and organizational governance in the civil service commission and how to maximize performance.
In chapter one, the researcher highlighted the introduction of the study, chapter two, deals with literature review relating to the role of due process as analysed. The questionnaire was drawn up and with its data collected. The population of the study was three hundred and fifty seven staff of Imo State civil service commission and the sample size was determinied by Yaro Yamen, both primary and secondary sources of data were used.
The research questions were analysed with sample percentage and frequency table while the proposed hypothesis were tested using Chi-square from these, the following findinds were made via promotion style, visible and invisible in organizational politics is one of the major problems/ from findings, conclusions and recommendations were made that the EFCC and the ICPC should encure that the interests of stake holders in the civil service are protected.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Approval page
- Table of contents
- List of content
- 1.1 Background of the study
- 1.2 Statement of the Problems
- 1.3 Objectives of the Study
- 1.4 Research Questions
- 1.5 Statement of hypothesis
- 1.6 Scope of the Study
- 1.7 Limitations of the Study
- 1.8 Significance of the Study
- 1.9 Definitions of Terms
- 1.9.1 History of civil service commission
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 conceptual frameworks
- 2.1.1 The concept of due process
- 2.1.2 Types of due process
- 2.1.3 Criticism of substance due process
- 2.1.4 Application of due process mechanism in Nigeria organization
- 2.1.5 The challenges due process
- 2.2 Theoretical framework
- 2.3 Empirical framework
- 2.4 Resources position
- 2.4.1 Referencing
3.0 Research Methodology
- 3.1 Research design
- 3.2 sources of data
- 3.3 population and sample size determination
- 3.4 sampling techniques
- 3.5 instruments of data collection
- 3.6 validity and reliability of the instrument
- 3.7 method of data analysis
4.0 Presentation And Analysis Of Data
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Data presentation and analysis
- 4.3 Testing of hypothesis
- 4.4 Interpretation of result
5.0 Summary Of Findings, Conclusion And Recommendations
- 5.1 Summary of findings
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendations
1.1 Background Of The Study
The private and public ownership of means of production is a unique characteristics of the government controls the production of good and services that are considered essential in the country, usually granted to her through the inclusive right of construction. The products consumed at subsidized rate, as profit is not the prime reason for its production.
The private sector produces goods and services granted by the constitutions (residence right ) at a profit. These two sectors work hand in hand (concurrent right) for the socio-economic development of the state. Following the poor performance of bboth sectors of the economy, which has dragged the integrity of the nation to the mud, inspite of the enormous revenues generation capacity from oil and other export.
The Federal government, in the new democratid dispensation under the lerdership of Olusegun Obasanjo, having noted the urgent need to revive the economy mandated the world bank to collaborate with some private sectors specialists to examine the economic activities in the country so that public officers will be discharged of their duties. This led to the formation of due process policy.
According to Obbot (2009). Due process implies that government activities and business are carried out openly, economically and transparently with any series of faces of procurement and nother government services are made in such a ways that allows equitable distribution and ultilization of scarce resources.
The structured adjustment programme (SAP) era, withnesses the growth of private ownership in Nigeria with the proliteration of modern corporation without the interference from shares holders. As a result of the separation of ownership and control registered under the company allied matter act (CAMA) of 1990, shaha
Have lost their direct influence and involvement in the day- to- day running of the business, thereby encourageing managerial abuses and leading to corperate facture in both private and public sectors of the country, necessitating the need for business activities to be conducted in the best interest of the corporate governance is a policy which dues the pritction of the interest of organization stakeholders.
1.2 Statement Of Problem
There has been considerable interest in organizational governance practices of modern corperation as a result of cooperation fracture occasioned by inefficient managerial function.
This study is therefore designed to identify the problem posed in organizations not following due process in their functions and practices which have affected performance adversely thus neccesiating this study. This is as a result of the following problems:
- Inadequate recruitment promotion and transfer on employee
- Lack of cordial relationship between management and employee
- Lack of legal framework for implementation of due process and organization governance.
1.3 Objective Of The Study
The main objective of the this study is to determine the role of due process in organizational governance in Imo State civil service commission .
Other specific objectives includes:
- To ascertain the impact of inadequate recruitment promotion and trancfer on employee performance.
- To find out the impact of the relationship between the management and employee
- To examine the legal framework for implementation of the process and organizational governance
1.4 Research Questions
The following research questions were designed for this study.
- How have inadequate recruitment, promotion and transferred to poor performance in organization governance.
- What is the relationship between management and employ?
- Hat are the concept and principles of due process.
1.5 Statement Of History
The following research hypothesis were forned for this study:
- Ho: due process does not have significant impact on organizational governance
HA: due process has significant impact on organizational governance
- HO: inadequate recruitment, promotion and transfer do not lead to poor performance in organizational governance
HA: inadequate recruitment, promotion and transfer have led to poor performance in organizational governance.
1.6 Scope Of The Study
The study on the role of due process on organizational governance was delimited to the concept of due process in imo state civil service commission. It also looked at how recruitment, promotion and transfer affect performance. It also looks at the concepts and principles of due process.
1.7 Limitations Of The Study
The following are the limitations of the study
Time co restraints:
This is a limited time frame available for the study which is as a result of short academic calendar of the school.
Behavior of respondents:
In the organization, like the civil service commission, the behavior of top management is dis-heartening, in the course of this research, there was hoarding of necessary information by the respondents with limited the researchers
While conducting this research work, at the time of administering the questionnaire, the research work was hindered as a result of lack of finance.
this is very important factor because equal attention has to be paid to other assignmeny.
Limited knowledge of statistic:
Getting the right estimation of a parameter calculated from a set of data gathered from a sample was a challenge
1.8 Significance Of Study
The following are the significance of the study
- Due process is significant to both the state government and the commission as well as the civil servants.
- To the government, the study will provide useful guide on how the excesses of the commission will be checked so as to have a man and macro and macro efficiency in the economy.
- The study will provide information for scholars and form the basis for further knowledge expansion
- It is a requirement for the award of higher national diploma (HND) in the discipline of Business Administration and management
1.9 Definition Of Terms
An attempt to ensure that government and business activities are carried out openly, economically and transparently
A policy which ensures that the interests of the stakeholders are protected
The official rules of the governments or are organization
Civil Service Commission:
A corporate body that is charge with the responsibility of employing will servants
Employees who are employed by the civil service commission.
1.9.1 History Of Civil Service Commission
Civil service commission is a statutory state execute body established by section 197-207 of the constitution of federal republic of Nigeria. It has it location in imo state opposite CBN Portharcout road OWERRI.
The Nigeria civil service has its origin in organization established by by the British in colonial times. Nigeria gained full independents in 1st October 1960 under a constitution that provides for a parliamentary self-government for the country’s three region, since there, various panels have studied and made recommendation for reformed of the civil service, including Morgan commission of 1963, the Adebo commission of 1971 and the Udoji comisionof 1972.
The president of Nigeria appoint the minister of civil service commission who must include member of each of the 36 staate in his cabinet.
Imo state civil service is a constitutional body vested with power to appoint civil persons to the office in the state civil service and there after monitors the progress and conducts of such persons up to the control over persons holding such offices.
Function Of The Civil Service Commission
- Appointment of officers on salary grade level above
- Promotion and advancement diserving officers into post of afferent salary grade levels.
- Setting general and uniform guidelines for appointment, promotion and discipline.
- Custodians of comprehensive and up to date personnel records of the civil service
- Approving therecommendation of the various department selection and appointments from grrde 06 above
- Processing of transfers ( inter- cadre, inter service)
- Serves as the appellate body for all petitions received from civil servants in respect to appointment, promotin and discipline and other personnel matters.
Departments In Civil Service Commission
- Administrative department
- (2) Finance department
- Planning, research and statistics department
- Recruitment, promotion and discipline department
The structure of the civil service commission the imo state civil service is made up of ministries and extra ministerial departments each responsible for a particular are of service of the government.
5.0 Summary Of Findings, Conclusion And Recommendation
5.1 Summary Of Findings
Organizational governance and due process relate to the structure of rights, responsibilities among the parties with a stake or interest in all organization. Effective organizational governance uses mechanism such as the EFCC and the ICPC to ensure that the management of the commission respects the rights and interest of the stakeholders.
The employees and other stakeholders are held held accortable for setting responsibility regarding the protection, generating, distributing and utilization of scarce resources on the organizations.
From the research, the researcher made the following findings:
- Due process has significant impact on the performance of workers in civil service commission.
- EFCC and ICPO ensure that employees oaght and previledges are not neglected.
- Understanding the effectiveness of organizational governance in Imo State civil service is mediated by interdependence between ministries and their environment.
Following the feedback of the respondents, the researcher concluded that the ministries under the review are sensitized on due process and organizational governance. To a lafge extent, the researcher also concluded that the performance of the commission has been affected positively as a result of organizational governance and due process. The utilization of assets of the commission has been achieved by embacing due process and organizational governance.
In addition, the performance of the commission under review is affected by politics in the state. Finally the EFCC and the ICPC have helped in civil service commission.
Based on the findings, made in the study the researcher recommended the followings.
- The Imo State civil service commission should be made to function independently without any control from political leaders.
- The chairman of the commission and permanent secretaries should not be used by the politicians for their selfish interest but to work for the state.
- The EFCC and ICPC should ensure that any money that are recovered from the staffs are returned to the commission.
- There should be further research on the impact political interference on due process and organizational governance.
The Role Of Due Process In Organizational Governance (A Survey Of Imo State Civil Service Commission)
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Role Of Due Process In Organizational Governance (A Survey Of Imo State Civil Service Commission)
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “The Role Of Due Process In Organizational Governance (A Survey Of Imo State Civil Service Commission)” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “The Role Of Due Process In Organizational Governance (A Survey Of Imo State Civil Service Commission)” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.