The Role Of Contributions Of Cooperative Towards Rural Development (A Case Study Of Some Selected Cooperative Societies In Ikeduru Local Government Area, Imo State)
The study evaluated the contribution of cooperative towards rural structural development under a case study of some selected cooperative organization in Ikeduru L.G.A Imo state. The project is attributed into five chapters.
Chapter one deals with the introduction, objectives of the study, research questions and definition of terms.
Chapter two deals with the review of related literature.
Chapter three deals with the research methodology and chapter four deals with presentation of collected data.
And finally chapter five draws the conclusion of the work by giving a conclusion, summary and recommendation.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Approval page
- Table of contents
- 1.1 General overview of the study
- 1.2 Statement of the problems
- 1.3 Objectives of the study
- 1.4 Scope of study
- 1.4 Research questions
- 1.5 Limitation of the study
- 1.8 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 Brief historical development of rural structural development
- 2.2 Meaning of cooperative societies
- 2.3 Reason for rural structural development
- 2.4 Contribution of cooperative societies towards rural structural development
- 2.5 Advantages of rural structural development
- 2.6 Problems associated with rural structural development
3.0 Research Methodology
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.3 Method of data collection
- 3.4 Sampling design
- 3.5 Procedure for progressing data use % method
4.0 Presentation and Analysis of Data
- 4.1 Presentation of data
- 4.2 Analysis of data
- 4.3 Interpretation
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1 Summary
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendation
This chapter serves a fundamental plan specifying the general overview of the study, statement of the problem, objectives of the study, specific objectives, research question, significance of study, the scope of the study and finally the definitions of terms under the topic “the contribution of cooperative towards rural structural development.
1.1 General Overview Of The Study
Cooperative association development as a vehicle for promoting the association and the interest of those who want to enhance their own individual welfare started with the adventure of the Rochalde pioneers in 1844.
Cooperative associations have entered successfully into the contribution of its personal interest towards rural structural development.
In the contribution, the problem facing the rural populace should be solved or at least minimized. This need the adoption of certain policies, strategies and educational programmes.
Contribution itself can be defined as the act of giving out willing to somebody or a society.
Westlon and Brigham (2004) Hamption (1996) describe Rural structural development as an increment on the income standard of the people as a result of improvement in their production aspect which leads to creation of new building and re-structural of old ones into modern types.
Rural structural development is terms as the physical types of development because it identifies itself in creation of new technology new building, roads, schools and the restructural of the old ones into modern types in order to increase the well being and the standard of living of the people.
Ojoko A.A. (2002) The contribution of rural structural development by the cooperative aims at the improvement by the standard of living of the people.
A particular important aspect of rural structural development is that to permits a greater stability or policies and new method of technical know-how.
Rural structural development also help in the supply of agricultural products in large quantities and also of economic resources in the ultimate aim of achieving utilization of available technical and human resources resulting in greater self sustaining, employment opportunities, higher outputs and income for better standard of living.
Rural structural development also involves improving the life of race level of the people as a result of technology which eliminated traditional way of doing things and nation at large and thus allowing the people to anticipate more fully and affecting in the development process and body policies of the nation and ensuring greater economic resources for the rural people.
Philippators (2003) Rural structural development begins with a step which is improvement in the educational standard, once the education standard of the people is improved to a good standard, there is an introduction of new technologies and technical know-how which result in the creation of new styles of buildings and re-structuring of the old ones in to new methods.
Through rural structural development there is increase profit, turn around situation in government and management talents as a result of new creation of systems and re-creation of the old ones which physical identities, its self in terms of new roads, school’s educational standard etc.
We therefore need programmer and institution which will ensure total mobilization of all available facilities, human resources and material of social concern which is the mobilization of financial resources in the rural populace.
1.2 Statement Of The Problems
The condition of farming and rural dwellers in Ikeduru L.G.A Imo state today is so much unsatisfactory and unacceptable that those people were once like heaven on earth poverties, hungry, disease disunity illiteracy, low mentality and discorgniaziton (SAP).
Assault and ingredients of armed robbery and murder have become the order of the day. Litigation is resorted to over trifles and this creates persistent mutual emmity. The day and glooming faces of the realities advertise their low state of health and standard of living.
This health and standard of living. This problem can be group as follows.
- Economic problems
- Agricultural problems
- Social problems
1.3 Objectives Of The Study
The main objective of this research work is to to basically take critical look on how the introduction of rural structural development is contributed by cooperative association or the contribution of cooperative toward rural structural development in ikeduru LGA Imo state.
- The concept rural structural development
- Stages of rural structural development
- Reason for rural structural development
- Problems associated with rural structural development
- Advantage of rural structural development
- The positive contribution of cooperative toward rural structural development.
1.4 Scope Of Study
This study is delimited to the contribution of cooperative toward rural structural development in ikeduru LGA Imo state.
This study will consider relevant material from research and academic libraries on the contribution of cooperative in Ikeduru LGA Imo state.
This study will be conducted on some selected cooperative organization in Ikeduru LGA Imo state of which the data from the selected case study will be used for data analysis and the generalization of the conclusion drain from this research work.
1.5 Research Questions
- What are the motives behind rural structural development?
- How does cooperative contribution towards rural structural development.
- What are the advantages of rural structural development in Ikeduru LGA Imo state.
- What are the major problems associated with the contribution of cooperative towards rural structural development in Ikeduru LGA Imo state
- What are the measures to adopt in order to minimize the problems associated with the contribution of cooperative towards rural structural development?
1.6 Limitation Of The Study
The limitation inherent in the research study are as follows:
- TIME: The time allowed for the completion of this research study is very short, since the time period will be used to read for the examination coming up in school.
- FINANCE: The finance at the researcher disposal to include several cooperative societies in Nigeria in the research study has been another outstanding limitation.
- The reluctance on the part of the members of the organization to release information and data was another limitation.
- Also the study is limited by the number of respondents used as the researchers could not cover all the staff members of the three selected cooperative societies in Ikeduru LGA Imo state.
1.7 Definition Of Terms
Cooperative societies is an association of people who have voluntarily joined together to achieve a common goal and objective through the formation of a democratically controlled business to the capital required and accepting a fair share of the risk and benefits of the undertaking in which the members actively participate.
It can also be viewed as a business organization that operates in the mutual benefits of its members.
Rural Structural Development:
This is a creation of building with modern styles and also re-creation of the old ones into new styles as a result of increment in the income of an individual or a society (rural areas).
Management is the process of combining and utilizing or of allocation organization inputs (men, materials and money) by planning, organizing, directing outputs such as goods and services.
Organization is the process of identifying and grouping the work to be performed defining and delegating responsibility and authority and establishing relationship for the purpose of enabling people to work most effectively together in accomplishing objectives.
5.0 Summary, Conclusion And Recommendation
This chapter draws the summaries of findings of this work. Concluder adequately and make useful recommendation. Also effect would be made to suggest area for further study.
- The major summary of this study is that cooperative is moving towards effective contribution towards rural structural development.
- The management of the rural structural development sometimes experienced management difference arranging from the constitution of cooperative towards rural structural development.
- The contribution of cooperative has lead to increase in the rate of investment in Ikeduru L.G.A Imo state.
- There is an experience of positive change in the structural development since the introduction cooperative.
- Cooperative impact better leading policy rural structural development.
- Cooperative also plan effective and implement it, plan towards rural structural development..
- Finally cooperative organization make a time around situation towards rural structural development since its introduction in Ikeduru L.G.A Imo state ruralites.
Based on the conclusion draw from this research study are;
- Cooperative promotes better learning policies among member of the organization and increase for rural structural development.
- Cooperative promotes the effectiveness of plan an it implementation for fruitful expansion of the organization and increase in the rural structural development..
In other to address the problems and make cooperative societies, functions efficiently as an agent of rural development.
The following recommendations are made;
- Government should come out with a clear policy regarding it, relationship with cooperative. The ferment should clearly choose between stat sponsors. Cooperative without assistance or sponsoring.
- Cooperative, employ full time employees and properly coordinated training programme drawn up for them.
- An office organization structure for the whole cooperative movement should worked out so that the functional relationship between cooperative at curious level will be such as to improve on the efficiency of the cooperative movement..
- There must be sustained cooperative education in order to enlighten member on their roles and to show the funeral public the importance role, cooperative can play in the development of rural populace.
- There should be no bias from financial institution and government official against on their own merit
How To Get The Complete Material For The Role Of Contributions Of Cooperative Towards Rural Development (A Case Study Of Some Selected Cooperative Societies In Ikeduru Local Government Area, Imo State)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Role Of Contributions Of Cooperative Towards Rural Development (A Case Study Of Some Selected Cooperative Societies In Ikeduru Local Government Area, Imo State)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply