The Role Of Agro Based Industries In Poverty Alleviation Programme
Due to the economic situation of the country the writer decided to carryout a comprehensive study to find out those constraints that disrupts the economic situation and the possible solutions.
1.1 General Background of the Subject Matter
It is obvious that there is no country that can survive without the existence of Agro-based industries. This is owing to the fact that the Agro-based industries play a strategic role to economic growth and development, which come into existence in the country (Nigeria) 20th Century has played an important role in conjuncture with alleviation to satisfy the need of the masses.
The products of Agro-based industries are vital because of the role it plays in the domestic and foreign trade. Domestically, the Agro-based industries satisfy the needs of the target audience. Most companies depend to a large extend on the product of the Agro-based industries for it production for example, a company like the FAN which produces food, drinks such as chocolate, depend on cashew nuts for it product, also a company like Temp Mills Limited, which is one of the Agro-based industries producing Flour which are in turn used for the production of other products like bread cake etc.
In the foreign trade, the Agro-based industries have paled an important role in enhancing the balance of trade. This is done through the exportation of Agro-based product to foreign land.
Its owing to this need that Phinomar industry Nigeria Limited was established in the year “1958” by the Phinomar Brothers. This Phinomars Nigeria Limited engaged in pricing palm oil.
It consist an area of 400 hectares of land, which was divided into four (4) field and 100 plots with a total of 20,486 palm trees. The palm tree plantation started bearing fruits in the year 1993 (that was five (5) years after they were planted). Between 1993 and 1999, the nuts were shelled and peeked naturally so as to obtain oil. The industry is fully owned by individual.
1.2 Problem Associated with the Subject Matter
The public out cry of law standards of living among many people in the society has become the concern of all patriotic individuals. This is obviously due to the present condition of the poor ones who are suffering due to unemployment problem, lack of adequate agriculture practice low medical care, educational problem etc. There conditions enable the individual to go into establishing the following programmes:
- Poverty Alleviation Programme
- Family Economic Advancement to solve the situation.
It’s necessary that a problem must be defined or identifies before its apparent solution. Therefore my research works emphasis on the roles of Agro-based family economic advancement programme.
In the light of the above facts, the research has a lot to do with the following point.
- The vital role, which Phinomar Oil Industry as Agro-based industry play to Poverty Alleviation and Family Economic Advancement.
1.3 Problem that the Study will be Concerned with
- To present to the public how Poverty Alleviation Programme, Family Support programmes and Family Economic Advancement Programme help to support economic development of the country.
- To enlighten the very many proprietors and intending ones the situation of the existing Agro-based industries.
- To gain insight of the survived of the existing Agro-based industries.
- To examine the role of Agro-based industries to Poverty Alleviation Programme with special reference to Phinomar Oil Industry Nigeria Limited at Emene.
- To publicize the important of Agro-based industries to the masses with an intention to provide their needs and want at the most desirable time.
1.4 The Important of Studying the Area
The study covers only the satisfaction given to the masses by Agro-based industries in conjunction with Poverty Alleviation progreammes, Family Support Programmes, Family Economic Advancement Programmes with special reference to Phinomar Oil Industry, sited at Emene area of Enugu State.
It also enable the researcher to examined this pertinent roles played by Agro-based industries of Poverty Alleviation.
1.5 Definition of Important Terms
This is an attempt by researcher to reflect the general purpose of the research work. Most often, it grow out of the Management question of which its successful answer provide the researcher the desired research information and to this end, the following question was asked:
- Do you think Agro-based industries contribute positively to the growth of the State economy?
- How do you distribute your product to the masses?
- What are your roles to Poverty Alleviation Advancement Programme?
- What type of product are you engaged in?
- Are you a producer of Agro-based product?
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦5,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731
|Acc No: 1225513212
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS
|Make Payment of 120 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Cloud Osabutey | MTN MoMo
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Role Of Agro Based Industries In Poverty Alleviation Programme
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply