Research As Instrument Of Organization Effectiveness (A Study Of The Nigerian Bottling Company Plc Enugu)
This project carried out with he sole aim of denitrifying why and how “Research is an instrument of organization effectiveness” using Nigeria Bottling Company Plc Enugu as a case study four oral interview questions were used to guide the study. The oral interview questions were as follow:
- Has research any important role to play in the efficiency growth and development of the organization? What are those factors that affect the research?
- Should research be of only scientific approach? Should research workers works base only within the organization or across the organization?
A sample of fifty (50) respondents were used to represent the entire population of the Nigeria Bottling Company Plc. mangers, researchers and other workers comprise the respondents of the interviews. Oral interview provided the source of data for the study, percentage were used to analyze the data. The data collected were presented with the use of
While setting up research department, organizations are advised to position. It in a way it will communicate adequately with other departments for effective results.
Organization needs to have a well-organized data bank and adequate management information system. As this helps a lot in retaining relevant information and collection of external information that will help the company in research and other wise.
1.1 Background Of The Study
There have been many definitions of the term “Research”, but the one the researcher is going to use in this work states that “Research is the systematic and scientific method of finding solution to a problem.” From the above, we take the problem to mean a situation where there is an established difficulty without any immediate remedy. It also means some malfunctioning of a part of a part of a system. A problem can also mean anything hat impedes the smooth running of a system or anything of interest to carryout investigation on. It can be positive or negative. A problem is said to be positive when the course of interest under study is advantageous to the company. Example, why people refer coca-cola to other products. It is also negative when the problem is tarnishing or deteriorating he smooth running of the organization, example why there is decrease in the sales pf “sprite”.
Many organizations after formation or birth go off or folds or sometimes are unable to grow and develop financially, economically and other wise. These problems are as a result of many causes in which lack of or ignorance of research work is one of them. On the noticed that research work is of great benefit because it exposes the organization missing links.
Research is also most effective. When carried accordingly, that is must be purely systematically and scientific in nature.
Research as a discipline also helps to make new discoveries because the researcher must have gone through all necessary requirements to note what to do through all necessary requirements to note what to do and what ought not to be done. Infact, management and research should be refereed to as the body and soul of organization because without IT (research), the tendency of the growth of any organization will be two low research supplies management with data, which reduces the in decision making, thereby enhancing the Chan of success.
This project is designed to meet needs of such vital benefit and loopholes of research using Nigerian Bottling Company Plc. Enugu as a case of study. The nature this work requires the vertical approach and analysis which will cover such dimension as:
- The influence of information on research in organization.
- Research and management as an inseparable body
- Lack of understanding that creates problems between management and researchers.
a. Information is a said to be the life wire of every business. It also has a vital lay in organization research work. It is also said that “to manage information is to manage business well” (manion harper). Some internal information of the organization are, answers from questionnaire within the organizational interview of worker, past records e.t.c. External information may include; field survey, population survey, market survey, competitions or other organization records.
b. Research and management as an inseparable body in any organizational, the main duty of management is decision making, and any decision made is based 805 on the research findings. What to produce and how to produce. Even the distribution aspect of it, will be determines by the research work.
c. Lack of understanding creating some problems between management and researcher.
- That research is not problems oriented. It tends to provide plethora of facts but, not actionable projects. That researcher die two involved with techniques and they appear to be reluctant to get involved in “management problems”.
- Research has shown vague, questionable validity
- Research cannot communicate, they do not understand and they do not talk the language of management.
Research cannot communicate, they do not understand and they not talk the language of management:
- Managements does not include research in decision making management tends to ask only for specific information about parts of problems.
- Management does not allow enough time for research. They draw preliminary conclusion based on early or incomplete result.
- Management relies more on intuition and judgment then on research. Research is used as a crutch, not a s a tool.
These misunderstandings are features of management and research. In order to accomplish this work, the Nigeria Bottling Company Plc. Is the organization that would be used as case study because it used research questions in its information and research development. The company holds a franc use of coca-cola company of the United States of American drinks such as Coke, Fanta, (oranges, Tonic, ginger and Chapman) Sprite, Club Soda and other latest fanta lemon. Their branches are scattered all over the world. Coca-Cola is one of the oldest mineral soft drinks manufacture in the world.
1.2 Statements Of The Problem
Behind any viable organization, there must be research section that checks on what will happen, what happened and how it happened.
There are some problems which hinders the effectiveness of proper research work, they are: poor findings, poor organizing of research section according to functions, lack of professional in research work, poor interpretation of research data and poor procedure in data gathering etc.
The problems this research is going into are:
- Poor procedure in data gathering
- Lack of professional (s) in research work.
1. Poor Procedure In Data Gathering:
Research go for information considering some factors which includes
- Cost of the data needed
- How reliable is the sample or population (false information)
- Time involvement s far collection of the data needed.
- The availability of the data
- The method used in collecting the data
2. Lack Of Professional(S) In Research Work:
Firms fail to use professional and specialists in research work due to:
- The cost of the researcher
- The nature of the problem to research on
1.3 Objectives Of The Study
By the completion of this study, it will be aimed at accomplishing the following objectives:
- To notify how important it is to use research in the growth and development of an organization
- To identify the reasons why research fail in some organization.
- To know how to reduce these problems facing the efficiency in research works.
- To know how best together the needed data for research.
1.4 Significance Of The Study
This reassert, work has been undertaken in such a way that, students, other researchers, business organization and interested members of the following:
- The importance of conducting research business organization.
- The factors responsible for poor research works and why some firms retain from it.
- The best way and time to conduct research as effectively as possible
- That decision making of nay organization depends on the findings company Plc Enugu is good case study where all the above mentioned reasons will be satisfied.
1.5 Research Questions
- Has research any important role to play in the efficiency and development of the organization?
- What are these factors that affect the smooth running or hinder the effectiveness of research?
- Should research works base only within the organization or across the organization?
1.6 Scope Of The Study
The scope of this research study will be based on the data collected from the information. Research department of the Nigerians Bottling Company Plc. Enugu. But for the purpose of clarity, other information that will be necessary for the completion of the project may be collected for the completion from any relevant affiliated.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Research As Instrument Of Organization Effectiveness (A Study Of The Nigerian Bottling Company Plc Enugu)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply