The Relevance Of Supplies Documentation In Public Sector Management (A Case Study Of Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri)
This project topic was chosen in order to determine the relevance of supplies documentation in public sector management with special reference to federal polytechnic Nekede owerri. This will reveal the growing process of documentation in supplies management particularly in public sector management.
However, the research work will be treated in five chapters. Chapter one will discuss the introduction of the subject matter, the statement of problems, purpose for the research, the research questions, hypothesis, the significance of the study. The research will go further to explain the scope at which the works will go.
The literature review chapter two will look into the past work of other authors and related areas on the topic chapter three will treat method and procedure used in collecting information on topic while chapter four would discuss on the data presentation, analysis of findings, introduction and interpretation of result.
Finally, chapter five will give introduction, summary, conclusion and the recommendation of the research based on the out come of her research work.
Table Of Contents
- Title Page
- Approval Page
- Table Of Content
- 1.1 Background Of The Study
- 1.2 Statement Of The Problem
- 1.3 Objective Of The Study
- 1.4 Research Questions
- 1.5 Hypothesis Of The Study
- 1.6 Significance Of Study
- 1.7 Scope And Delimitation Of The Study
- 1.8 Limitation Of The Study
- 1.9 Operational Definition Of Terms
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 Historical Owerri And Its Purchasing And Stores Section
- 2.2 Supplier Selection And Issuing Of Order Or Contract
- 2.3 Procurement Of Materials
- 2.4 Receiving And Inspection Of Materials
- 2.5 Supplies Documentation
- 2.6 Relevance Of Documentation
- 2.7 Supplies Documents
- 2.8 Relevance Of Supplies Documents
- 2.9 Documents Find/Used In The Stores
- 2.9.1 Uses Of Documents In The Stores
- 2.9.2 Efforts Being Made To Computerize Stores
3.0 Research Methodology
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Research Design
- 3.3 Area Of Study
- 3.4 Population And Sample Size Of The Study
- 3.5 Sample Techniques
- 3.5.1 Systematic Sampling
- 3.5.2 Random Sample
- 3.5.3 Stratified Sampling
- 3.6 Source Of Data
- 3.6.1 Primary Data
- 3.6.2 Secondary Data
- 3.7 Validation Of The Instrument
- 3.7.1 Face Validity
- 3.7.2 Content Validity
- 3.8 Instrument For Data Collection
- 3.8.1 Observation
- 3.8.2 Interview
- 3.8.3 The Survey
- 3.9 Data Analysis Method
4.0 Data Presentation and Analysis of Findings
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Data Presentation
- 4.3 Analysis Of Data
- 4.4 Interpretation Of Result
5.0 Summary Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Summary
- 5.3 Conclusion
- 5.4 Recommendation
- 5.5 Reference/Bibliography
- 5.6 Appendix
1.1 Background Of The Study
In the past, the relevance of supplies documentation management in Nigeria was not clearly defined or understood to many more so in a country with high rate of illiteracy. To day things have changed and are still changing that many developing countries like ours. Nigeria have come to appreciate the contribution of supplies documentation and document in public sector supply management.
The question that has pre-occupied people’s mind was on the impact of documentation towards supplies management.
In the 20th century when the relevance of suppliers documentation and documents in public sector supply management is crystal clear and necessary for effective and productivity oriented supplies management operation.
In the field of purchasing and store management documentation is a vital elements that enable the function to accomplish its tasks of meeting the organization needs. In carrying out purchasing activities documents are used in purchase process and same in carrying out store function.
In the actual sense, purchasing and store documentation can notes the act of keeping vital records and information of the various purchasing and store activities. Documentation starts in a purchasing office with the receipt of purchase requisition and continues with the selection of potential suppliers to the time the material requested are supplied and the store documentation commences.
The purchasing requisition form originate are provided with description and code direct it to purchasing officer in turns send the form to the store section which finds out whether the materials are not enough the purchasing officer will then award order through the local purchasing order (LPO).
The local purchase order is the principal means of communicating the requirement of the buyer to the supplier. This is a legal document that gives the supplier the authority to supply materials the purchaser must have been sourced and evaluate the supplier, price and the terms and conditions that are clearly stated in the purchase order.
The bin card viz the store receive note (SRN) is used in record keeping of supplies in the store while the store issue voucher (SIV) is used in issuing out supplies to the user department as check in and check out store system.
Purchasing and store sections or department are largely inter-dependent and any inefficiency or lack of co-operation on either side is soon reflected in the order. To cope satisfactory with whole supply problem in modern condition a complete co-operation of these two functions are essential.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
This research work seeks to identify major problems confronting supplies documentation in public sector supply management in federal polytechnic Nekede, Owerri store section. These problems are:
- Some public sector when fail to appreciate the importance of supplies documentation.
- Most public sector that do not make use of the appropriate methods of supplies documentation.
- Organizations do not employ professionals in purchasing to Marin the affaires of the store department.
1.3 Objective Of The Study
The objective of this study includes the following:
- To determine the nature of forms of supplies documentation adopted in public sector supply management.
- To establish the relevance or importance of supplies documentation in public supply management.
- To establish the appropriate method of documentation of supplies in supply management.
- To determine the basic documents used in the public sector supply management.
1.4 Research Questions
To achieve the objectives of the study the following research question are necessary:
- Is supplies documentation relevance to public sector supply management?
- Are they appropriate methods of supplies documentation being used in public sector supply management?
- Is there any relationship existing between the purchasing and store section in term of supplies document?
1.5 Hypothesis Of The Study
A hypothesis is a professional statement assuming some link or relationship (causal or otherwise) between two variables. The variable of the hypothesis used in any work must of course derive form the research topic or problem.
A hypothesis seeks to establish a fact about the assumed relationship, but this is not possible until the hypothesis is tested and found to be either valid or otherwise.
- HO: some organization public sector they do not appreciate the importance of supplies documentation.
Hi: some public sector appreciates the importance of supplies documentation.
- HO: The existence of supplies document does not promote supply management.
HI: The existences of supplies document promote supply management.
1.6 Significance Of The Study
The primary motive behind this research work is for partial fulfillment of the conditions for the award of higher national Diploma (HND) in purchasing and supply management of the federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri.
The second motive of this research work is to educate the general public sector supply management if the function is accorded the recognition to it. It stands for other researchers and information seekers as a reference tool which can be cited or quoted and for posterity.
1.7 Scope And Delimitations Of The Study
It is important to note that the scope of this research study covers the relevance of documentation in public sector supply management with particular reference to the federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri purchasing and store sections. The out come will then be generalized to such similar initiations.
1.8 Limitation Of The Study
In any successful research work of this magnitude, there is always problem encountered. Hence this research work was not free. The following were some of the glaring problems encountered.
- Difficulties in securing vital information relating subject matter of the research.
- Lack of the requisite text books authored by foreign and Nigeria authors on this topic and this contributed immensely in limiting the researcher on going furthermore.
- The degree of time consumed at the expenses of missing lectures and other important assignments. This cannot be over emphasized.
- Finance was another constraint for the researcher. Normally, a research of the this nature required a considerable amount of money for transportation, typing of manuscripts, computer print out, binding and other expenses.
No matter how boring these constraints were, the researcher made efforts t o ensure that no stone was left unturned in the search for materials. This consequently led to the successful completion of the project.
1.9 Operational Definition Of Terms
It has become very imperative to state categorically that words therefore be considered according to the context of their wage. For this reason, the researcher will define some of the key world in the purchasing and store management.
Simply define as figure, word letter, char5t or symbols that attempt to convey a condition, situation or idea.
Is stock record used both for receipts and issues of supplied materials (store receive Note (SRN) and store issue voucher (SIV) for visual self balance.
The process of sending goods away from a factory to specified destination.
Document is a record which conveys information, originally an inscribed written record.
To ensure that adequate security is maintained within the stores.
Is the act of keeping vital records and information handling statistics.
Is the process of systemically defining and describing all items of stock.
It means the examinations of in coming consignments for qualify.
This means follow up, progressing or monitoring a supplier who has been issued with purchase order.
Is to show much is in stock at the present time.
This means not accepting damage goods.
This is the time interval between the perception of the materials needed and the fulfillment of need.
This is the detail of all this held in the store house.
Is a protective coatings such as grease wax or plastics.
Is as item held in store.
Is a place where goods are being pack.
It means items in stores that are not given number.
This is a document usually the principle means of communicating the requirements of the buyer to the supplier and an authority to supply the need of material.
This is the aspect of procurement which has to do with the actual buying process that is negotiated and placement of order.
Stock is the accumulation of materials parts and components for further use.
Is a general term describing goods which are held in store/house and stock yard.
It is used when issuing a contract, of contact the description of items.
It is when the amount of stock found by physical check fails to agree with the balance on the stock records.
Stores Issue Voucher:
Is the document used by most organization. It comes in many different forms and will contain details relevant only to the organization concerned.
It is means of identify items in the stores.
5.0 Summary Conclsion And Recommendations
The relevance of supplies documentation is vital and it helps purchasing and stores sections to keep a vital record and information on the various of purchasing and stores activities.
This study looked into the organizational of purchasing and stores section/ department federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri Imo state. This aimed as ascertaining the structure applicable to it in terms of the relevance of documentation in pubic sector supplies management. More over, it was the researcher’s view to identify in general problem that have been militating against the efficiency performance of documentation of supplies in the most desired manner.
It also looked into three elemental factors that mighty play a crucial role in deciding a system to adopt. The whole aim therefore, being to recommend solution where necessary.
In the introductory chapter a genuine attempt was made in high light most comprehensively the meaning of documentation and its relevance in public sector supplies management. However, documentation was defined as an act of keeping vital records and information of the various purchasing and stores activities. Its relevance contributes largely towards profit maximization.
Further more, a through in roads and examination was made into the profitability or otherwise and the factors that might induce acceptability of any of the two systems of documentation to adopt in purchasing and stores sections.
There it was highlighted that the extent to which an organization documents it purchasing and stores activities will depend upon the nature of the supplies use in the organization and its operation needs.
The literature review section of this work was selected to give background view of what specialist in the field hand researched on the subject matter earlier on.
However, in the presentation of data analysis and findings was based on the information derived from other interview observation, responses from questionnaire administer to respondent.
In this chapter four two hypothesis was also tested. Finally certain value conclusion has be drowned based on the researcher.
The researcher wishes to submit that only a well thought out and properly programmed documentation of supplies in the supplying and store activity could contribute most meaningful and positively to the profitability of the company in terms of its materials purchase. This is borne out of the fact that organization under study is a public section as such should be effectively and efficient in carrying out documentation of its supplies.
An attempt were made during findings of X-ray into the problems comforting supplies documentation and supplies management, especially the systems of documentation open to purchasing and stores sections/department. When the finding were analyzed, it was found out the organization can attain effectively its set out goals and objectives only when properly analyzed, organized and coordinated supplies of documentation is embarked upon. Million of Naira is lost every year by organization because of improper and ineffective supplies documentation on material purchase. It is when we realize what we are after draw our programmes in line with meeting the set objective can our problem will be reduces to minimum.
In the thought of the researcher the battle is not lost one yet supplies documentation and materialism is the scourage of our present day Nigeria society and vested interested which mitiate against efficient management of supplies abound every where. It is only through persistent and acknowledging the relevance of supplies documentation can be in a position to change the complexion of these vested interest and put them to functional use.
Having carried out a through study of purchasing and stores in federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri and after critically surveying the activities, problems and short coming of supplies documentation in the organization and having analyzed my findings, the researcher therefore put forward the following recommendation.
- The stores officer should allow carrying out supplies documentation in the stores section so that efficient and effective operation will be attained.
- The purchasing officer should also involve in various documentation concerning purchasing activities/functions like the receipt of purchasing management will be attained or achieved.
- Computerized system of documentation should be introduced in the purchasing and stores sectors in order to replace the manual system which is fast rate of documentation, accurate, and safety of documents. Simplified quantity of documents to the lowest volume.
- Stock records are of parament importance for proper running of any organization and it acts as information and data bank of the stores system whereby through reference to them the stores are provided with information about the stock level hence purchasing and stores section/department should maintain an accurate and adequate stock records for standards and total improvement of the organization.
How To Get The Complete Material For The Relevance Of Supplies Documentation In Public Sector Management (A Case Study Of Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Relevance Of Supplies Documentation In Public Sector Management (A Case Study Of Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply