Reducing The Difference Of Poor Teaching Methodology On Students Academic Performances Using Learner Centered Approach
This study looked into the problems facing the Nigerian education system. These problems are also the causes of poor performances among secondary school students in Nigeria. Some of the causes of poor performances among students includes; lack of qualified teachers, poor attitude of the government and influential people towards secondary school education, lack of empowerment and motivation for students and teachers, faulty curriculum, poor administration and many other factors. Having highlighted the causes of poor performances among students, the researcher proffered better solutions to solve these problems confronting secondary school education and the chief solution is introducing ‘COIP4C’ an educative approach that is learner centered which helps children to be self empowered and self actualized.
1.1 Background Of The Study
The Andragogical method of teaching is child- centered method, that emphasizes experiences and knowledge. The focal point of activity in the Andragogical method of education is the child. The Andragogist is like a mid- wife who helps the expectant mother and the unborn baby to ensure and achieve safe delivery. The mid-wife will do everything within her limit to assist the pregnant woman but could not assume the position of the woman nor take her place, she will advise, encourage and motivate her into action but cannot do the action by herself. She could protect the privacy of the woman. to make her comfortable and shy free to open up herself for the task before them. She can prevent men from entering into the maternity room where the delivery takes place.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem.
- Nigeria’s education· curriculum negates and neglects those for whom it was meant to serve.
- Nigeria’s educational system is pedagogical by design and dysfunctional in practice.
- Nigeria’s educational system suffers functional stagnation.
- There is an overwhelming evidence of lowering of standards
- That majority of Nigerian students now resort to examination malpractices and other forms of ethical practices in order to pass examinations.
- The litany of frustrations faced by the young school leavers in Nigeria are seen through the activities they engage in as soon as they left school.
1.3 Research Questions
- In view of the conventionality of pedagogical method of education in Nigeria, How much is the andragogical method known in Nigeria?
- Is the educational method in practice mandatory or optional?
- Which among the two educational slants stands to benefit the people more?
- Which of the two will enhance teaching / learning programmes?
- What advantages do Andragogy has over pedagogy and vice versa considering the cost effectiveness and intensiveness of the two in terms of time, money, and space?
1.4 Aims Of The Study
- This research work hopes to look into the causes of academic backwardness of students.
- It will look into the problems of education in the Nigeria.
- It will do al1 analytical study of pedagogical and andragogical methods of education in Nigeria.
- It will compare and contrast the two methods with a view to making recommendations for solutions to the problems.
1.5 Significance Of The Study
The importance of this research work cannot be overemphasized because it will help to address the following educational problems.
- It will address the problem of lack of interest on the part of students and high rate of school dropout.
- It will address the problems associated with teacher-centeredness as is evident in our education curriculum.
- It will address the problem of over-reliance on conventionality and tradition in our educational system.
- It will address the problem of lack of motivation for the students and teachers in our schools.
- It will expose the problems associated with pedagogical method of education.
- It will help to open the eyes of our people to know about other alternative to teaching / learning procedure.
- The study will expose Nigerians to the gains of Andragogical community of inquiry method of education.
1.6 The Target Audience
The target audience of this research is:
- The education mangers
- The educational curriculum planners
- The education stake – holders
- Teachers and students in the secondary and primary schools
- Governments both states, federal and L.G.A.
1.7 Assumptions And Operational Definitions “A”. Assumptions
- It has been assumed that the curriculum of Nigerian education is deficient.
- It is assumed that the deficiency of Nigeria’s educational curriculum has been responsible for the low standard of education
- That average students in Nigeria had been affected psychologically by the apparent lack of motivation from the government.
- It is assumed that the ineffectiveness of our school curriculum manifests in the high rate of decline of high school enrollment and dropout in Nigeria.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦5,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731
|Acc No: 1225513212
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS
|Make Payment of 120 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Cloud Osabutey | MTN MoMo
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Reducing The Difference Of Poor Teaching Methodology On Students Academic Performances Using Learner Centered Approach
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply