The Prospects And Problems Of Personal Selling In Marketing Consumer Products In Nigeria
The backbone of any organization lings on personal selling which have impact on the identification of the customer needs before making decision on the type of product to produce and also to search for satisfaction of such product to customers. This study was designed to investigate, on the prospects and problems of personal selling in marketing consumer products in Nigeria with Unilever Nigeria plc, as a case study. The relevant literature materials are review in the course of the study in Unilever to make headway.
The following hypothesis was formulated for the study.
- There is no significant relationship between marketing management and consumers need
- There is no significant relationship between marketing management and prosperity of the organization
- There is no significant relationship between effective marketing mix and effective distribution of consumers needs
in this study, the staff of Unilever Nigeria plc formed the study population out of which a sample of twenty respondents was randomly selected.
Relevant questionnaire were administered to the staff of Unilever Nigeria plc Oregun Ikeja, Lagos randomly selected in the analyses of data, descriptive analysis was used and Reponses converted to percentages.
All the new hypothesis formulated were rejected. Thus, the inference drawn study is:
- That marketing management has impact on identifying and satisfying customers need.
- That marketing management prospers the organization business.
- That marketing management helps in effective distribution of customer need.
In view of these finding, appropriate recommendations are proffered for consideration to and future approach to personal selling in marketing consumer product.
The goal of all marketing efforts is to increase profitable sales by offering want satisfactions to consumers over the long run. Many companies do not just sell product they like, they must first decide the need of the consumers before creating such goods Marketing is the activity directed at satisfying the needs and wants of the consumers. In fact, to be able to do this successfully, the marketer must be willing to determine the means in which the consumers could be reached, among such is PERSONAL SELLING.
Personal selling is the personal communication of information to persuade somebody to buy something by major promotional method used to reach this goal. Another definition of personal selling is an oral presentation of ideas about products or services with the aim of persuading potential buyers to buy such products or services from which they can derive maximum satisfaction. It is a social and economic service that a manufacturing organization cannot do without and at the same time, our commercial system, would collapse if there are no effective personal activities. Personal selling as a promotional tool is not a new phenomenon.
It can be carried out in face to face conversation and telephone could be used as well. Without personal selling, the organization would not be able to know products that are competing with its own.
It enables the salesman to know the reaction of the prospect to his product immediately unlike other forms of promotion.
Personal selling usually can be focused on individuals or forms that are known to the prospective customers, thus minimizing waged on people who in no way are real prospect. It is that its goal is to actually make a sale.
In recent times, it has been on the increase in Nigeria and in spite of all these, it is not all companies that employ it that end up succeeding or smiling to the banks, some still have a sad story to tell.
Why is this so? What could have been responsible? Why could a company succeed and another fail? It is against this background that this study focuses on the prospects and problems of personal selling as it affects the marketing of consumer products in Nigeria.
1.1 Statement Of Problems
Some of the problems which solution would seek for as regard this study are:
- What are the effects of personal selling in the sales volume of consumer products?
- Does personal selling have any effect on prospective buyers?
- What can organization do to enhance the success of personal selling?
1.2 Objectives Of The Study
The success of any business activities is based on how consumers could be reached. In the light of this, the study aims at achieving the following objectives.
- To identify what salesman and organization can do to enhance the success of personal selling
- To examine the environment surrounding personal selling for reasons that can enhance the success or cause the failure of personal selling.
- To identify the psychological make-up of a prospective buyer that can make a successful process.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: The Prospects And Problems Of Personal Selling In Marketing Consumer Products In Nigeria
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply