The Need For Proper Store Keeping In A Manufacturing Company
The storekeeper in charge of the store should be someone with unparallel integrity highly experienced in store procedure and routing ability to do things in an organized manner and must be able to control people working under him.
The modern store in an organization has wide variety of functions that it has to perform as efficiently as possible. The way in which store perform these tasks will be reflected in the overall efficiently and profitability of the organization. The primary objectives of stores is to provide efficient service to the operating function and this must be fully appreciated. All other stores activities, although they shave their own relative importance are subordinate to the responsibilities.
1.1 Background of the Study
The stores function is a vital part of industrial concerns, public and private utility undertaking agricultural enterprises, municipal authorities, armed services and Government department and it must be design to suit the needs of the organization it services. There is therefore, no standard system which can be universally recommended or applied but in the course of time, certain principles and practices of more or less general application have been evolved. In this book it is proposed of examine at length some of these principles and practices but it must always be borne in mind that the conditions of operation are very diverse.
The importance of efficient storage and control of stock in indicated by the facts that according to the monthly digests of statistics published by him. Stationary office, the total value of stores in stock in the United Kingdom exceeds $13.000m.
Store keeping is a systematic procedure of recording transaction in this store, so that at any given time, the stock will show the actual stock position of each material held within the stores organization. In organization where redwing function, storekeeping spans through initiating purchasing, inspection operations and receipt of stock items, documentation to the issuing of material to user department of presentation of authorization. There is no universally recommended system of operation in different organization but the basic principle are properly, mastered, than their adaptation to any situation or condition will be an easy task
Storekeeping provides a supportive need to the functional areas of the organization, without which no organization can run efficiently and effectively. In industrial concern, store keeping provide services which lead to the production of goods in a manufacturing company.
1.2 Statement of Problem
The need for proper storekeeping in an organization cannot be overstated. This is more important when there is need to maintain efficient and effective inventory control and management in an organization. The following problems has been identified by the research.
- Storekeeping and store keepers have no serious needs in inventory management in the organization
- Most personnel involve in store keeping and store control in experienced and skilled in the area of inventory management.
- The position of inventory control unit in the organization structure has negative effect on the activities of the storekeeper.
- Store keeping function is not recognized by top management as very essential.
- The process of storekeeping has move from minor to computerize system. There has not been any effort by to management to expose staff in value in storekeeping. The computer has to enable them acquire the needed skills and techniques.
1.3 Objective of the Study
The primary objective of the study is as follows
- To examine who and what a store keeper is in a manufacturing company
- To examine the duties and functions of a store keeper in a manufacturing company
- To investigate if store keepers adheres to the manufacturing company rules in keeping stock
- To find out ways to improve the work of a manufacturing store keeper
1.4 Research Question
The following questions have been prepared for the study
- Who is a store keeper?
- What are the duties of a store keeper?
- Do store keepers adheres to the manufacturing company rules in keeping stock?
- Are there ways to improve the work of a manufacturing store keeper?
1.5 Significance of the Study
The significance of this study cannot be underestimated as:
- This study will examine the need for proper store keeping in a manufacturing company
- The findings of this research work will undoubtedly provide the much needed information to government organizations, manufacturing companies and academia
1.6 Scope of the Study
This study will examine the need for proper store keeping in a manufacturing company and also, examine who and what a store keeper is in a manufacturing company furthermore, the study examines the duties and functions of a store keeper in a manufacturing company and lastly investigate if store keepers adheres to the manufacturing company rules in keeping stock. Hence it will be delimited to Dangote sugar plant.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
This study was constrained by a number of factors which are as follows:
Just like any other research, ranging from unavailability of needed accurate materials on the topic under study, inability to get data
Financial constraint , was faced by the researcher ,in getting relevant materials and in printing and collation of questionnaires
Time factor: time factor pose another constraint since having to shuttle between writing of the research and also engaging in other academic work making it uneasy for the researcher
1.8 Definition of Terms
Store keeping: task of maintaining safe custody of all items of supplies, raw materials, finished parts, purchased parts, and other items
Manufacturing company: any business that uses raw materials, parts, and components to assemble finished goods
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
In this study, our focus was to examine the need for proper store keeping in a manufacturing company using Dangote sugar plant as a case study. The study specifically was aimed at highlighting who and what a store keeper is in a manufacturing company. Also, examine the duties and functions of a store keeper in a manufacturing company. And investigate if store keepers adheres to the manufacturing company rules in keeping stock. And lastly, To find out ways to improve the work of a manufacturing store keeper
The study adopted the survey research design and randomly enrolled participants in the study. A total of 30 responses were validated from the enrolled participants where all respondent are drawn staff of Dangote sugar plant
Based on the finding of this study, the following conclusions were made:
- Store keeper Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom.
- Store keeper Receive, unload, and shelve supplies.
- Store keeper Perform other stock-related duties, including returning, packing, pricing, and labeling supplies.
- Store keepers is a person who take stock of inventory
- Store keeper is a person who manage the store layout,
- Store keeper is a person supervise staff and keep records of sales.
Based on the responses obtained, the researcher proffers the following recommendations:
- That the organization should ensure that it has its store keeping units equipped with latest technological facilities and be spacious to ensure better and long preservation of its materials to save chances of spoilage and deterioration.
- That organization should continuously train its employees. This will help in updating and upgrading the employee’s skills and knowledge on how best to undertake organization operations like the store keeping function.
How To Get The Complete Material For The Need For Proper Store Keeping In A Manufacturing Company
The Complete Material will be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make a Mobile Transfer or POS Payment of ₦3,000 to any of the Account Below
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
|Account No.: 1225513212|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 80 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- The Need For Proper Store Keeping In A Manufacturing Company
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
This research material “The Need For Proper Store Keeping In A Manufacturing Company” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “The Need For Proper Store Keeping In A Manufacturing Company” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.