Product Planning And Productivity In Nigeria
Product planning is the process of determining that line of products which can secure maximum net realization from the intended market.
In my research, which dwells on the above as regards “product planning and productivity. And my using Afprint Nigeria Plc, as case study, I am expected to show how the above definition and other quotable definition from various academics regarding product planning has helped Industries. For example, Afprint Nigeria Plc. to attain its desired goals regarding productivity. Also, the results involving refusal to plan.
Under this project, I will show, analyse and conclude using questionnaire. This is to show how important product planning and productivity affects the products of the Afprint Nigeria Plc., in their continual strives against competitors.
1.1 Background to the Study
The concept of product planning has attracted the attention of business mangers, economist and laymen in modern time. To plan invest act in the light of a definite predetermined objectives, designing and manipulating of factors which govern the achievement of a given target so as to attain specific goals within the time limit which the planner sets for himself.
Product planning is important in any dynamic different changes overtime. Products that were in the market, years ago have been phased out, while new ones are introduced into the market on a continuous basis. Competition has played a major role in encouraging product planning in our economic system. There is the desire by each firm to better its product offers to be able to have distinctive advantages over its competitors.
Product planning can be defined as the process of determining that line of products which can secure maximum net realization from the intended market. It is an ‘act of marketing out, supervision searching, screening development and commercialization of new products productivity that measures the competitiveness and operationalization of managerial function. It should be noted that, the quality of products and services and the productivity in any organization is dependent on management. In actual practice, the four fundamental functions of management are interwoven and interrelated.
The performance of one affects the other, and for this reason, if one of the managerial functions is poorly or not properly executed, it will definitely have an effect (negatively) on the management of an organization which in turn affects its productivity.
Any measure adopted to boost productivity goal has to be planned. This is to say that, productive goals and objectives have to be clear future event, problem and relationship should be anticipated. The boundaries within which decision are made and actions taken must be established and in this way, what to do, why or to what end, when to do it, how to do it and where to do it, are considered before action is taken.
1.2 Problem Statement
Inspite of the enviable prospects of planning in our business organization in relation to output, it IS still faced with some problems. The purpose of this study is to investigate the reluctance of managers to plan, which as a result, planning is infrequently done and low productivity is the outcome. Some of the militating factors are as follows:
- To determine the barrier encountered by management in the planning and access the effect on productivity Secondly, the identification of the planning techniques employed in order to determine which technique is more appropriate in Afprint Nigeria plc.
- Also, lack of quality in the textile products to the requirement of export market in Afprint Nigeria, is a problem. Due to depreciation in the value of naira and dilapidating infrastructure, the cost of production became significantly high for Afpint Nigeria Plc.
- Lastly, to ascertain the quality of the plans adopted and determine their merits and demerits.
1.3 Research Objectives
It is the objective of this study to single out Afprint Nigeria plc and analyze the impact of product planning and productivity in textile Mill Industry. In this way, the following will be achieved:
- To determine the extent to which product ·planning has improved productivity in the Textile Mill Industry.
- To determine how planning can be used to increase the market acceptability of Anakara brand of Afprint Nigeria Plc and
- Finally to determine the extent to which product planning can improve the accuracy of productivity forecast.
1.4 Significance of the Study
This study aims at investigating the relationship between planning and productivity and the numerous gains it offers business organization. It will also be an additional source material for management. Planning decision of Afprint Nigeria plc. This study also shows that product planning and productivity is strategically important.
1.5 Research Questions
The research questions are
- Has research contributed to product planning and productivity in textile industry?
- Does product planning improve the accuracy of productivity.
1.6 Research Hypotheses
The answer to the research questions are as follows:
- Ho: Research has not contributed to product planning and productivity in textile industry.
Hi: Research has contributed to product planning and productivity in textile industry
- Ho: Product planning does not improve the accuracy of productivity.
Hi: Product planning does Improve the accuracy of productivity .
1.7 Research Method
Under this research methodology, the source of data will be used is the primary data in form of questionnaire and, direct observation. The questionnaire will be based on interviews and data collected from the senior and junior staffs of Afprint Nigeria Plc.
1.8 Scope and Limitations of the Study
This study will focus on Afprint Nigeria Plc between the periods of 1997 – 2006. In this research, the researcher is considering Afprint Nigeria Plc. out of numerous textile industries in Nigeria because of the quality of the product and its affordability.
The limitations that may slow the work of this study are as follows:
Due to the competitive nature of textile mill industry in Nigeria, Afprint Nigeria limited may not be willing to give out all the necessary data required.
Also for one reason or the other, not everybody using the product of Afprint may be willing to answer the questionnaire. This may reduce the accuracy of this research.
1.9 Organization of Study
This study will be organized in five chapters.
Chapter one will consist of the introduction, statement of problem, aims and objectives of the study, significance of the study, research question is, research hypotheses, research method, scope and limitation, organization of study and the definition of terms.
Chapter two will consist of general review of related literature.
Chapter three will take into cognizance the introduction, restatement of research questions, restatement of research hypotheses, research design, research population, sample and sampling techniques, research instrument and data collection method.
Chapter four will take into cognizance the profile of the Afprint Nigeria Plc and analysis of data collected through the questionnaire.
Finally, chapter five will contain summary, conclusion and recommendation.
1.10 Definition of Terms
This is a bundle of utilities consisting of various product features and accompanying services.
It is the analysis of relevant information from the present and the past assessment of the present future, development so that a course of action may be determined that enable the organization to meet the stated objectives.
This is the measure of how well operation system functions, an indication of the efficiency and competitiveness of a single firm or department.
Conclusion and Recommendations
Based on the findings of the study, the following conclusion were drawn
Dynamic and complex business environment requires consistent policies which could be in the form of medium and long term for effective production planning and product quality control of organizations especially Nigeria. Similarly, production planning and product quality control of organizations when backed by facility maintenance result into preferred capacity utilization and impact on corporate performance.
However, for increase profit performance of organizations and market position/share, effective production planning and product quality control is inevitable. It was also revealed by the study that customer needs, screening of alternative, product life cycle and brand acceptance are strategic in production planning and product quality control in organizations especially Nigerian . Therefore, a proper understanding of product branding and inventory management is inevitable in organizations production planning and product quality control for sustainable growth and development for organizations.
The following are the recommendations of the study on production planning and product quality control in an organization:
- Dynamic and complex business environment that affect production planning and product quality control of organizations should be adequately monitored and controlled if adverse but should be improved for preferred result if favourable.
- Inconsistent policies and attitudes to change to a high extent that affect production planning and product quality control of organizations should be reversed through regulated policies and attitude for organizations members.
- Medium and long term production planning and product quality control which the most frequently used and effective in Nigeria should be encouraged since it is capable of sustaining and developing of organizations especially Nigeria.
- Production planning and product quality control of organizations that result to declining capacity utilization and capital depreciation should be corrected through facility maintenance.
- Production planning and product quality control of organizations which impacts on corporate performance should be sustained since it guarantees satisfaction to stakeholders on their vested interest.
- Increase profit performance of organizations that enhances production planning and product quality control process should be sustained since it provides the framework for improved performance and growth in production and product quality.
- Corporate planning in production and product quality should be reconciled through marketing management, planning and control in the attainment of corporate goals. This is because incorporating customer needs and screening of alternative which are strategic in production planning and product quality control in organization.
How To Get The Complete Material For “Product Planning And Productivity In Nigeria“
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Product Planning And Productivity In Nigeria
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply