Problems Of Manpower Training And Development In Manufacturing Industries (A Case Study Of Anammco)
One of the major ways manufacturing industries invest in their work force for greater returns today and even in future is through the training and development of her employees.
Training is like sharpening of an existing skill in order to reflect the trends in technology and other socio-cultural environment of an industry. Productivity is the goal of today’s competitive industrial world this training can be a spring board to enhance productivity.
The major objective of training and development is to increase the efficiency of the employees which the resulting increase is corporate productivity. This accounts for why a large amount of funds and time are expended by the organization at one period or the other in the improvement of the skills of employees at various levels.
Manpower training and development is necessary for both employee’s morale and the organization’s output. As every one knows, manpower is the greatest asset of any organization and the organization can enhance the value of these assets by investing time and money in their improvement.
In view of the above, the researcher recommends that Mercedes Benz ANAMMCO should take the training of her manpower seriously and that there should be adequate management criteria for assessing employee’s performances.
Table Of Content
- Title Page
- Approval Page
- Table Of Content
- 1.0 Introduction
- 1.1 Background Of The Study
- 1.2 Statement Of The Problem
- 1.3 Objective Of The Study
- 1.4 Scope Of The Study
- 1.5 Research Questions
- 1.6 Significance Of The Study
- 1.7 Definition Of Terms
- 2.0 Review Of Literature
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Manpower Training And Development Defined
- 2.3 The Problems Of Manpower Training And Development In Nigeria.
- 2.4 Designing A Training Programme
- 2.5 Sources Of Funds For Manpower Training And Development
- 2.6 Incentives For Promoting Worker’s Performance
- 2.7 Benefits Of Manpower Development And Training.
- 2.8 Summary Of Literature Review
- 3.0 Methodology
- 3.1 Research Design
- 3.2 Population Of The Study
- 3.3 Determination Of Simple Size
- 3.4 Sampling Techniques
- 3.5 Instrument For Data Collection
- 3.6 Validation Of The Research Instrument
- 3.7 Reliability Of The Research Instrument
- 3.8 Method Of Administering
- 3.9 Method Of Data Analysis
- 4.0 Data Presentation And Analysis
- 5.0 Discussion, Findings And Recommendations
- 5.1 Discussion Of Results
- 5.2 Conclusions
- 5.3 Recommendation
- 5.4 Limitation Of The Study
- Appendix 1
- Appendix 2
1.1 Background Of The Study
Word wide, manufacturing industries have grown tremendously in the last decade. Some of the industries are predominantly in the small scale sector employing mostly unskilled and untrained manpower. Besides, the increased consumption of various goods manufactured, the use of these goods for other purposes is increasing rapidly due to globalization and joint ventures with leading industries from the developed countries. There is the growing demand for improving the quality of products on par with the international standard. The demand for quality improvement and economic production can be met through development and induction of trained manpower. However, the development and training of this manpower is without no problem.
Manpower has been defined or referred to as people, humanity or society with all the needs, inspirations and capacities as an economic resource, also as the number of people available for work. The term can however be brought to common standard as the aggregate skills, attitudes emanating and consequent upon the quality and extent of education and training, providing a labor force with desired planning and organizing ability.
Manpower has to be planed by ensuring that an organization has the right number of people who posses the proper skills at the right time performing jobs that are useful to the organization. This can be done by auditing of present labor force in terms of skill mix, experience and location creating a viable method for forecasting manpower needs present volume of production, anticipating expansion changing technology etc, deciding critically skills and establishing plans for their allocation, analysis of the labor market and trends in demands and supply relationship and developing plans for meeting manpower strategies.
Development is synonymous with social mobilization. It is the process of moving people from a situation and propelling them through a system of planned indoctrination toward the ought situation and administration of things where certain aspects of the old yield to the new calculated to reinforce those values considered a sin qua non for accomplishing national development goals.
Training on the other people learn organized procedure by which people learn or acquire knowledge and or skill for a define purpose.
The dynamic nature, that is the change directed character of development was recognized when certain write ups pointed out that the concept has more values and adoption of new ones.
History Of Anammco
Mercedes Benz ANAMMCO limited was incorporated on January 19, 1977 and the plant was commissioned on July 8, 1980 by the first executive president of Nigeria, Alhaji Shehu Shagari. It started official production in January 1981, and has to date made an enviable mark on the nation’s industrial growth, adding over 25,000 vehicles to the nation’s transport sector, backed up effectively with a network of over 36 after-sales service points and spare parts supply depots. The company’s central spare parts depot stocks over 35,000 line items.
Mercedes benz ANAMMCO is a joint venture between the Federal Government of Nigeria and Dambler Chrysle AG. Mercedes Benz ANAMMCO manufactures of commercial vehicles take the lead in the commercial vehicles market from five towns par load and above in Nigeria. The plant, which occupies a sprawling 300,000 square meter size in Emene, near Enugu is a shining example of a profitable and viable economic and technological corporation between the government and people of Nigeria and Doumbler Chrysler AG and so there exist a combination of white/black system of administration.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
Manpower development and training is of high priority to both advanced and developing countries of the world. It is the creation of the processes for the advancement of the quality of human resources. This objectives is vital to the country that is engaged in carrying it out. It will be seen that problems normally arise in trying to achieve these behavioral attitudes of workers in which it operates.
The problems encountered by workers include the lack of infrastructures facilities and social amenities like water supply and high cost of transportation.
Manpower appointment is highly in jeopardy. Termination and non-regular payment are cebrious to non skilled manpower. Why?
- Why is it that the Ashby commission set up in 1963 by government to develop her high level manpower and forward solutions to the lack of adequate high level manpower was not recognized?
- Are there enough organizations to accommodated the ever increasing manpower?
- Are there measures to restore the ever deteriorating infrastructure facilities and social amenities.
- Do the development centers and training schools in Nigeria have the necessary materials for people training of manpower?
- Do we have efficient and reliable standards of performance for proper performance appraisal?
1.3 Objectives Of The Study
- The primary objective of this research is to identify and examine the problems that face manpower development in the country.
- The contribution of development towards local manpower in motor manufacturing companies this is because of the dominant role of development in motor manufacturing industries as well as the strategic nature of the sector in natural development.
- To create awareness and the important role of employees of labor and the acquisition of the relevant skills by workers for a particular job.
- To provide infrastructure facilities and shorten the confinement of appointment of unskilled labor with the aim of notifying them that they are part of the company as well as enhancing productivity.
- To improve performance both in the present and in the future.
- To create reduced learning time to reach acceptable performance. This is done by having qualified instructors and carefully controlled learning periods and increased productivity from new employees
- To provide an aid to solving operational problems. Training of both supervisory and other employees can help to reduce absenteeism, accidents and grievance rates.
- To fill manpower needs by establishing apprentice training programme, industrial management course and advanced automobile engineering courses.
- To provide new knowledge and job skills that employees need to increase their market value and earning power.
- To increase organizational stability and flexibility so as to maintain its effectiveness dispute the less of key personnel.
1.4 Scope Of The Study
Having stated the objectives of the study it is obvious that the scope and problem of manpower management is very wide, so it will be difficult, to make as indebt study of all the issues worth mentioning in this study. Therefore, the study has been limited to problems facing manpower development in ANAMMCO in Nigeria. This is because ANAMMCO is strict sense of economic development is the one of the preemies in the country with its structures and pattern being followed by major manufacturing industries in the country.
1.5 Research Questions
- To what extent are the roles of staff defined
- How trained and developed are the workers of ANAMMCO
- How often do ANAMMCO staff attend training courses
- How long does the training courses last
- Are there impediments to the training and development of manpower in ANAMMCO
- Has the training any effect on the performance of the workers.
1.6 Significance Of The Study
The significance of the study arises from the fact that the emergence of ANAMMCO manpower development and training is over two decades now. Their contribution towards economic development in Nigeria cannot be over emphasis
The study aims to benefit technicians, large and small scale industries, foremen and supervisors.
Can the other hand high level manpower is the professional management cadre comprising executives, administrators, professionals experienced and long trained craftsmen whose inadequate academic background is remedied by long experienced on the job.
The pointer course participants of ANAMMCO were those for foremen and supervisors training skills improvement courses and on the job training programmes. A good number of the staff have been given the foreman/supervisor training, more than two hundred workers have benefited from the skill improvement course in various occupational areas. Safety training and first aid courses. Students will also use this work as referral while working on similar topic.
This study will also be of immense benefit to manufacturing industries that aim at attaining greater heights in the near future and to maintain a stable manpower to know how to go about it.
1.7 Definition Of Terms
The following terms are defined in this work.
Number of people working or available for work
New product or invention
Giving teaching and practice to a person in order to bring to a desired physical condition
First importance or position
Laying too much stress on book learning technical knowledge, rules and adherence to rules
Official examination of account to see that they are in order
Skill in managing any affair
Members of technical experts a that organize and managers a country’s industrial resources.
Standing out or easily seen
Nature, belonging naturally to a country.
Problems Of Manpower Training And Development In Manufacturing Industries (A Case Study Of Anammco)
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Problems Of Manpower Training And Development In Manufacturing Industries (A Case Study Of Anammco)
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
This research material “Problems Of Manpower Training And Development In Manufacturing Industries (A Case Study Of Anammco)” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Problems Of Manpower Training And Development In Manufacturing Industries (A Case Study Of Anammco)” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.