Problems Of The Development Of Entrepreneurship
This research project is a very crucial study for the Nigerian Entrepreneurship.
The study was motivated by the necessity to identify the problems of entrepreneurship development in Enugu Metropolis.
This form of business has been in existence since trade by barter began and has been of items and places, carrying over the broad thread of business from century to century.
To source research instruments used in collecting the data were questionnaires and oral interview.
The respondents comprises of managers and various owners of business (Entrepreneurs)
In organizing and presenting data collected tables, frequencies and percentages were used. The carious hypothesis were tested using the chi-square
Data analysis and interpretation gave the following findings:
- Most of the respondents require the service of banks and other financial institutions
- Most of the respondents complained about the snail-pace process of the banks while treating their application for loans.
- Most entrepreneurs complained over some government polices that are inimical to the development of entrepreneurship.
- It was also discovered that most entrepreneurs do not have the required skill.
- Most respondents complained of government instability.
- It also revealed that prospective entrepreneurs. In Enugu Metropolis lack a good business site.
Based on the findings, we recommend that:
- Government should provide more financial institutions to serve entrappers
- There should be improvement of credit worthiness.
- Government should provide a framework of stability and progress which will encourage a for sight private planning.
- Government should promote and encourage the acquisition of skills and knowledge.
- There should be a change of attitude towards made in Nigeria goods.
- There should be establishment of large market.
The conclusion of the study is that entrepreneurship development in Enugu Metropolis is bent on many problems but if the recommendations will be considered and improved, the hidden large potential for the development of entrepreneurship in Nigeria and Enugu State in particular will be achieved.
1.1 Background of the Study
The rate of economic growth is dependent upon the growth in the factors of production and the rate of technical change. Recently, some economists hence shifted the emphasis away from the increase of physical capital to the expansion of high-level manpower such as entrepreneurship development.
They maintain that the major obstacle to the economic development of developing countries is not so much a shortage of capital as a lack of absorptive capacity in part from shortage of skills and knowledge needed to mobilize, organize and co-ordinate capital and other resources of production.
In view of the above role of entrepreneurship in economic development of any country cannot be over emphasized. It is in recognition of these roles that here in Nigeria, recent pronouncements by government both federal and states as well as members of both the privates and Banking Sectors seem to indicate sudden and increasing realization of the virtues of promoting the growth of business enterprises and indeed the encouragement of potential entrepreneurs.
Effort are now being made to stimulate the people in to appreciating the impact the development of entrepreneurship can have on the national economy.
To start or establish one’s own industry, is besieged with many problems. Many people are seriously contemplating on starting one business or another, many have already done so some are with the idea and the initial problem, while many more have not depressing ends to their initial high hopes. Investment, without doubt plays a crucial role in economic growth and development. However, the level of investment in an economy is dependent on four factors, namely
- The extent to which current consumption be reduced to realize resources for investment, otherwise known as saving capacity.
- The availability of investment goods required to enable investment take place (the investment capacity).
- The availability of projects managerial and administrative capacity skills and infrastructure required and administrative capacity, skills and infrastructure required for execution of the projects and willingness to harvest.
It is in realization of this obvious fact and its importance to our national economic development that this research stands to attend to ‘A through study will be carried out to unveil the peculiar factors hindering the development of entrepreneurship.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
This research study is intended to look into the problems of the development of entrepreneurship. The problem facing entrepreneurship as follows:
- The inability to identify viable and executable projects.
- Capital shortage
- High decree of business uncertainty
- Indifference of financial house and financial risk.
- Problem of land acquisition
- What other factors are identified as a hindrance
1.3 Objective of the Study
Realizing the role entrepreneurs in our national economic development, it is the view of this study to find out the factors inhibiting the development of entrepreneurship.
The study will therefore do the following:
- Identify the variables that influence entrepreneurial development in a society.
- Examine the Nigeria society and show to what extent environment and policy discourages the emergence of a vibrant indigenous entrepreneurship.
- And offer suggestions aimed at creating an enabling environment for the development of entrepreneurship.
1.4 Research Questions
These research questions were proposed for the study
- What are the challenges towards entrepreneurship development in Nigeria?
- To what extent does technology enhance entrepreneurship development in Nigeria?
- What are the contributions of government towards entrepreneurship development in Nigeria?
1.5 Research Hypotheses
These hypotheses were proposed for the study
- Multiple taxes and levies, lack of knowledge of technology and unfair competition are the challenges of entrepreneurship development in Nigeria.
- Technology always enhances entrepreneurship development in Nigeria.
- Provision of technical support and research center are the contributions of government towards entrepreneurial development in Nigeria.
1.6 Significance of the Study
This study will provide an opportunity for any person who may read it to appreciate what entrepreneurship means.
There is no gain saying that it will proffer an immense assistance to potential entrepreneurs through an in-depth analysis of the expected problems that man seems a hindrance. And to those already managing one enterprise or another offer, possible solutions to their problems.
The study therefore, provides a useful guide to future researchers who may want to embark on a study like this.
1.7 Definition of Terms
This can be described as a creative and innovative response to the environment. Such responses can take place in any field of social endeavour, for instance in business, industry agriculture, education, social works and the like.
This can be seen as an individual who has the ability to see and evaluate business opportunities gather the necessary resources to take advantage of them, and initiate appropriate action to ensure success by Schumpter (1961).
This can be defined as all profit directed economic and commercial activities that provides goods and services necessary to the nations standard of living. Meredith et al (1991).
This can be defined as a group of firms involved in one line of production by LOUISE. And Boone et al (1978).
This can be defined as the control and management of the money goods and other resources of a country.
This can be defined as a quantitative increase in the output of commodities per head produced over a given country.
This can be seen as a process where by the real per capital income of a given economy increases over a period of time.
Complete Material Available
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦5,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731
|Acc No: 1225513212
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS
|Make Payment of 120 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Cloud Osabutey | MTN MoMo
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Problems Of The Development Of Entrepreneurship
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
List of Related Works
Technology presents a critical factor of entrepreneurship development which can be put in place by entrepreneurs in Nigeria as a powerful tool to obtain competitive advantage.
The mortality rate among entrepreneurs in Nigeria is high as a result of the challenges faced by the entrepreneurs such as intense and unfair competition from foreign enterprise, Lack of knowledge of technology, multiple taxes and levies. These challenges may impede entrepreneur s survival in the global competitive market.
However Government has provided opportunities which Nigerian entrepreneurs can leverage on for their development such as technical support and research centers which would create awareness for Entrepreneurs to access both local and international markets; another contribution is the provision of trade protection which favours reduction in the importation of goods that Nigeria entrepreneurs have comparative advantage.