Problem Of Training And Development In Public Sector Organisation
The usefulness of training and manpower development in any organisation cannot to over emphasize. Every organisation depends on training on manpower development among other factors for the attainment of its goals and objectives. The objectives cannot be fully achieved unless the employees are training and development to acquire the necessary skills knowledge and ability to perform their functional job.
1.1 Background Of The Study
Federal Ministry of Education is one of the oldest ministers established by the colonial masters. The ministry is a social service ministry is an important organisation because it formulates polices on education, inspects and elements them. The chief executive of the federal ministry of education is the Honourable minister while the permanent secretary is the head of administration and the ministry’s accounting officer. He takes the blame ad praises as the chief accounting officer. All the departments of the ministry are headed by directors. The departments are formal education department, which includes, secondary, higher education, and adult and formal education.
(a) Science And Technology
This department is in-charge of polytechnics, colleges of education, technical and federal technical colleges.
(b) Planning, Research And Statistics
This department its in-charge of planning matters using statistical analysis for the ministry.
(c) Inspectorate Department
This is the quantity control post of the ministry charged with the responsibility to inspecting schools at all levels to check if standards in education policy are maintained and it also advises the authority based on their findings
(d) Finance Department
This department is responsible for all financial matters that relates to the ministry.
(e) Administration And Supply
It is the responsibility f this department to deal with all matters involving promotion, training recruitment discipline, welfare, purchasing and supply within the ministry.
(f) Education Support Service
It is responsible for all international dealings UNESCO accreditation of certificates and such others.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
Public sector organizations are not fully aware of the benefits derivable for training and development hence their workers do not seen to be adequately trained or developed. This lapse I training have led to ineptitude and inefficiency that is associated with public service. the problem of training and development in the federal ministry of education can be categorized as follows:
- Meager fund allocation for training.
- Training not used as a source of motivation for staff.
- Wrong positing of officers not immensely qualified to schedules and they are not trained for.
- Selection of staff for training not based on objectivity and needs.
- Inadequate information on availability of courses by staff.
- Lack of prompt preparation of training funds by schedule officers.
- Refusal of sectional heads and management to utilize the properly trained staff I their areas of specialization
- Late selection of courses leading to inadequate preparation.
1.3 Purpose Of The Study
The purpose or objectives these studies are as follows:
- Discover whether employees are adequately trained and skillfully developed
- Know factors that militate against effective implementation or execution of training programmes.
- Ascertain the level participation of employees in their organizational training programme,
- Discover the methods used in training and development of workers it effect on the employees and federals ministry of education.
- Find out reasons why public organizations engage in training and manpower’s development.
- Make appropriate recommendations that will assist public organizations and general and education ministry. In particular, take appropriate and incentive decisions that will help in no small measure to improve the status of training and manpower development.
1.4 Scope Of The Study
The scope of this study on the other hand is limited to the federal ministry of education head quarters, Abuja.
1.5 Research Hypothesis
Research hypothesis comprises of two types Namely: (i) The Null hypothesis (ii) The Alternative hypothesis.
Ho – Null Hypothesis
- That the ministry is not investing enough o training programmes
- That the ministry is investing adequately on training programmes.
Hi – Alternative Hypothesis
- Lack of training contribution to the poor performance of staff in the ministry.
- Adequate training is being given to the employee hence performance is enhanced for development.
1.6 Research Hypothesis
Research hypothesis comprises of two types namely:
- The null hypothesis
- The alternative hypothesis
- Ho That the ministry of not investing enough on training programmes.
- Hi That the ministry is investing adequately on training programs
- Ho Lack of training contribution to the poor performance of staff in the ministry.
- Hi Adequate training is being given to the employee hence performance is enhanced for development.
1.7 Significance Of The Study
The significance of this project cannot be over emphasized here. Suffice is to say that for training and development programmes to be effective, its objectives aims, benefits and processes must be clearly and properly understood.
More so, if they are properly carried out, they will help to improve the operational performance of employees for the attainment of the organizational goals. This study is intended to help in facilitating organizational training and manpower development strategies. Policy makers will equally benefit tremendously from this study, as it will avail them of the necessary tools of training policy formulations. This study will be of tremendous help to studios human resources and public administration who may be venturing into the field of training. The facts remain that this study will throw more light on issue revolving on training and manpower development in public organizations and it is hoped that it will be delight to the general public.
1.8 Limitation Of The Study
For the purpose of the project work the method used in the collection of data was primary and secondary source. A particular sample and population was used before arriving at the conclusion. The population used is made up to the department that exist in the federal ministry of education headquarter, Abuja.
The sample of this study on the other hand consists of the workers in the headquarters of the ministry found in the eight departments, the eight departments are headed by eight directors.
1.1 Definition Of Term
Training is a set of activities whereby practitioners (mangers or directors assisting in improving their individual competed and performance as well as the organizational development, environment with the ultimate goals of training the standard of organizational performance.
This is a change in the organisation age.
Federal Ministry of Education:
The ministry or organisation used in the research as a case study.
This is bringing up individual (human beings) for a particular work to be skilled and unskilled.
How To Get The Complete Material For “Problem Of Training And Development In Public Sector Organisation“
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Problem Of Training And Development In Public Sector Organisation
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply