An Online Hotel Booking System
The project “Online Hotel Booking System” is a system based on accessing the internet to book for rooms in a hotel. The purpose of this study is to develop and implement an online hotel reservation system for hotels, that will replace the manual method of booking for hotel rooms. The previous system for booking rooms were faced with so many problems like, delay in processing the customer booking or paying for rooms that is below or beyond his standard, causes difficulty for emergency booking.
The objects-oriented analysis and design methodology (OOADM) was therefore used to analyse the system in order to discover the various objects involved and how they interact with one another so that a new and improved system can be defined.
The use of online view of room rates and uploading of available rooms and facilities was used for the new system so that the customer can view and make his choice before arrival, and also in the case of emergency travelling. This new system assisted the hotel owners in managing their hotels, because they can also regulate the receptionist moves and avoid fraudulent activities. It also increased the efficiency of the hotel managers and also their profit margin, once they have a better and good facilities.
Table Of Content
- Title Page
- Certification Page
- Approval Page
- Table Of Content
- 1.0 Introduction
- 1.1 Objectives Of Study
- 1.2 Scope Of Study
- 1.3 Significance Of Study
- 1.4 Statement Of The Problem
- 1.5 Limitation Of The Study
- 1.6 Definition Of Terms
- 2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Theoretical Background
- 2.2.1 Technologies Required For the System
- 2.3: Review Of Related Literature
- 2.3.1 Summary Of Related Literature
- 3.0 System Analysis And Design
- 3.1: Introduction
- 3.2 Description Of The Existing System
- 3.2.1 Problems With The Existing System
- 3.3 Analysis Of The Proposed System
- 3.3.1 Requirement Document
- 3.3.2 Object Oriented Analysis
- 126.96.36.199 Use Case Diagram
- 188.8.131.52 Class Diagram
- 184.108.40.206 Activity Diagram
- 3.4 Design Of The Proposed System
- 3.4.1 Database Design
- 220.127.116.11 Data Organization
- 18.104.22.168 Data Relationship
- 22.214.171.124 Data storage
- 126.96.36.199 Data Retrieval
- 3.4.2 Input Design
- 3.4.3 Output Design
- 3.4.4 User-Interface Design
- 4.0 System Implementation
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2: Architecture Of The System
- 4.3 Procedural Design
- 4.3.1 Program Flowchart
- 4.4 Deployment Environment
- 4.5 Deployment Platform
- 4.6 Some Screenshots Of The System
- 4.7 System Documentation
- 5.0 Summary, Conclusions And Recommendations
- 5.1 Summary
- 5.2 Conclusions
- 5.3 Recommendations
The manual method of booking for hotel rooms in Nigeria is characterized with numerous problems. Some of these are :customers having little or no information about the hotels within their vicinity; A guest checking into a hotel room that is either too expensive or too unbefitting for his/her personality;Prolonged delay by the receptionist in retrieving certain information about any particular guest that checked into the hotel whenever such information being demanded by the manager;The foul play that sometimes occurs when information about the guest that checked into a hotel are not officially documented by the receptionist etc. All these problems and more would definitely mke a hotel experience a down turn in business
The main purpose of this work is therefore to develop a web application program that would circumvent all those problems encountered in the manual hotel booking system,so that customers can easily go online with their mobile phones,tablets or laptops in order to browse the relevant information they need about the hotels within their locality so that they can book for the appropriate suite that is within their budget.
Objective Of Study
- Customers can easily go online with their mobile phones or laptops to browse about hotels within their vicinity.
- Guests can be able to book for rooms within their budgets after seeing and accessing these hotels within their vicinity.
- Receptionists can easily access customer’s information online without delay or with little delay.
- Fraud done by the receptionist by not regiustering every customer will not occur because the customers details will be online and can be accessed by the managers too.
Scope Of Study
This study is aimed at finding out how effective the online room reservation or booking system will improve the operations of room reservations in hotels. However ,out of the several departments that makes up the hotel, this research project is restricted to only one section ( room reservation) section.
Significance Of Study
Guests, Receptionist, Managers and hotel owners would benefit immensely when the new system is implemented, in the sense that:
- Guests would experience faster access time with the system.
- Front desk office attendants (receptionists)would also experience minimal efforts in attending to guests, as they would only need to access the guests details through internet.
- The managers can easily carryout an inventory to know the total number of guests that checked in or out of the rooms,and those that booked in advance.
- Increased efficiency in the operations of the business would definitely bring about increased profitability.
Statement Of Problem
- Customers having little or no information about the hotels in their vicinity.
- A guest checking into a hotel room that is either too expensive or too unbefitting for his or her personality.
- Prolonged delay by the receptionist in retrieving certain information about any particular guest on demand.
- Possibility of fraud by the receptionist in not documenting officially information about some guests that checked into the hotel rooms.
Limitation Of The Study
I was faced with the following constraints which also limited the researchers effort in the developing of a comprehensive software needed in room reservation.
This project work has one semester time limit,it would have been desirable for a longer period of time, for the development of a software for hotels.
An Online Hotel Booking System
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:|
|Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | +234-8143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- An Online Hotel Booking System
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | T & C Apply
You may also like:
An Online Hotel Booking System
This research material “An Online Hotel Booking System” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “An Online Hotel Booking System” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.
How to defend your research work
This is a general guide on how to defend your research work:
1. Prepare For Questions:
If you are preparing for questions that may be asked during your defense, then your answers will flow smoothly and effectively. This will prove your knowledge on the subject e.g “An Online Hotel Booking System“, and strengthening your argument. Ask friends and family, read your work for them to listen to your presentation, and write down questions. You may be lucky the panel will ask you those you have already prepared on.
2. Strong Summary:
Summarizing your chapters will help keep your audience focused because it is easy for a mind to drift, so providing summaries will ensure your panel will follow along, even if they lose focus for a brief moment. Visual aides, such as graphs and power-point presentations can be very helpful. If you are going to use these, make sure you will practice your presentation with them.
3. Be Confident in Your Research Work:
Not knowing your topic “An Online Hotel Booking System” inside out will cause you to struggle and ultimately fail with your defense. You need to know the subject from every angle to ensure you are fully prepared for any question that may come your way.
Reinforce your findings to conclude your defense. The finale of your presentation should focus on proving the work that has been done. You may need to recap on what has changed and remained unchanged, if is necessary.
5 . Listen:
Before you get defensive or recite a particular answer, make sure you truly understand the question being asked. Being a good listener is an important quality, because providing an inaccurate or off-topic answer will also weaken the validity of your paper.