Motivation As Tools For Organizational Development
Motivation as a simple phenomenon that has elevated many firm and organizations through the additional input of workers in various organizations has become un administrative method to achieve target and set of objectives. However, this work is centered on the roll of motivation have played in the development of organizations and the challenges that most organizations have-come across in the recent past and how motivations have come to solve not only the problem of management: union CONFLATES but also the explosions of most organization through motivation us a spirit ‘d efforts to belter output by workers. The researcher how ever, observed that most polices regarding to motivation were not adequately functioning and the little polices that are functioning were inconsistent and irrelevant for workers needs and’ desired in organizations. In marking has been proved that motivating workers sufficiently with the relevance incentive as the only alternative toward: workers performance to achieve the goals and objective of the organization.
Motivation is a particular tool, factor that inspire people to work both individually and as a group to produce the best results for business in the most efficient manner. It is a thing that makes something to happen, this has become the major reason why so many organizations grow into multinational status and also give our more profit margin than expected. Without motivation as a catalyst to inspire or motivate a group of people who work under or for an organization, it would be very difficult to make a relative profit margin, because the workers who now have difficult unions which they rally around for job security and welfare have come to capitalize on motivation as a factor to greater workers productivity.
1.1 Background of the Study
These studies which critically examine evaluate and intend to present the case of motivation on workers motivational ability to impact on organizational and product development cannot be over emphasized in such an era (21is century) that sees nothing more than the concept of high capital acquisition in organizations capital base.
However, workers particularly in the consolidation Breweries plc of Awaomanma in Imo State of Nigeria have been under study by this project research work to know whether workers are properly motivated and if they are not, what are the consequences of their not being motivated in the brewery industries and what are the workers union stand on such. Though this project work is not written to interview union leaders on the conflict existing over motivational issue or to instigate fire between the union and the organization rather it is written to know how motivation has help in the spirited effort in the high productivity of the organization where they work. Since the inception of labour history of Europe and America, the issue of organizational productivity has always boiled down to the ability of workers under such an organization to bargain.
Though some experts on labour matter may gone ahead in their argue its to posit that organizational productivity mainly derived from its special training given to staff member in various training organization but they forget that no matter the training or expertise of man, he needs to be praised, rewarded and encouraged if the best art of him (man) is needed r expected. This is where the issue of motivation comes in.
1.2 Statement of the Study
The index of sacked workers has been related to names of workers who are either not productive or who must have been tagged “in subordinate element”. However, most of these organizations that are used to sacking their workers have continued to record very low turn-out, because they have not locked into the issue of motivation in organizational development as a crucial aspect in their operation.
1.3 Objective of the Study
The objective of this study, which intend to examine and evaluate the role of motivation as a tool for organizational development. It has in its broad objective to undentify in what ways motivation as a tool has contributed to the development of organization.
The specific objective includes:
- To examine the impact of motivation of labour force.
- To identify the impact of motivation on general productivity of the organization.
- To identify what form of motivation should be given to achieve the desired effect.
- To examine the extent which motivation could be used as a tool to resolved labor conflict?
1.4 Research Question
- In what way has motivation contributed to the development of your organization?
- What is the impact of motivation on the productivity of the workers?
- What are the various type or form of motivation available and how could they lad to the desired effect in the organization?
1.5 Research Hypothesis
- Ho There is no positive relationship between motivation and organizational development.
Hi There is positive relationship between motivation and organizations development
- Ho Motivation has a significant impact on the productivity of a worker. \
Hi Motivation has no significant impact on the productivity of a worker.
1.6 Significance of the Study
The significance of this study is to contribute to the few literatures that arc in the academic libraries scattered all over the nation so as to help labour organizations in negotiating out a well thought out plan lo increase the level f cordial relationship between them (union leaders and management) in the Nigeria industries, particularly the consolidated Breweries plc, Imo State.
1.7 Scope of the Study
The scope of study for this research is to the issue to lack of motivational factor the management and the consequences it has caused in the consolidated breweries Plc in Imo state, this issue has showed the growth of the company as it supposed to be experienced staff and trained workers have refused to put in their best instead, constant resignation of staff and low turnout of output coupled with absenteeism.
1.8 Definition of Terms
This is an extra amount of money added to a payment especially to wages as a reward e.g. 100% Christmas bonus to workers at the end of every year.
It can be seen as a situation where people, group, politicians or countries are involved in a serious disagreement or argument, conflict may as well be seen as a situation in which there are opposing ideas, opinion, feelings or wishes. It is a situation in which it is difficult to choose, a situation or period of fighting between two people or countries.
Communication can be said to be the exchanged and flow of information and ideas from one person to anther or a process by which information is exchanged between individual through a common system of symbols, signs or behavior
This is a systematic use of science and technical knowledge to meet specific objective or requirement.
It is a portfolio strategy designed to reduce exposure to risk by combining a verity of investments such stocks, bounds and real estate which are unlike to all move in the same direction.
An incentive is something that motivates an individual to perform an action.
7. Labour Union:
This is an organization of workers formed for the purpose of advancing its members interest in respect to wages, benefits and working conditions.
It is a psychological feature that arises an organism to act toward a desired goal and elicit control, and sustains certain goal directed behavior.
An organization is a special entity that has a collective goal and is linked to an external environment.
It has an average measure of efficiency of production.
A work environment can be identified as the place that one works.
Summary of Study, Conclusion and Recommendation
This chapter summarizes the findings into “motivation as tools for organizational development”. The chapter consists of summary of the study, conclusions, recommendations and suggestions for further studies.
5.1 Summary of Study
In this study, our focus was to examine “motivation as tools for organizational development using Consolidated Breweries Awomamma Imo State as a case study. The study specifically was aimed at examining the impact of motivation of labour force. It identified the impact of motivation on general productivity of the organization.it revealed what form of motivation should be given to achieve the desired effect.it examine the extent which motivation could be used as a tool to resolved labor conflict in Consolidated Breweries Awomamma Imo State. 60 responses were validated from the questionnaire issued to staffs of Consolidated Breweries Awomamma , Imo State.
The following conclusions were made from the findings of this study
- Human motivation is of utmost importance to organizations and can only be ignored by managers at their own detriment. Its absence in the industry breeds’ negative and undesirable industrial behaviour in the form of Absenteeism, truancy, lateness to work, high rate of turnover, restriction input, confrontation with management with frustration irrationally and aggression. In some cases, it leads to indulgent in fraudulent practices in essence; the workers indulge in negative acts capable of frustrating and preventing the attainment of organization goals and objectives.
- Most problems of motivation hangs on money and what money and what money can acquire for the average Nigeria worker from wages and salaries, selection for training courses, advancement and upgrading, praises, extension of benefit packages overall reward for handwork and motivation services. Everything has its end-point in monetary value for effect Money therefore, should be seen as a means of motivation for the Nigerian workers.
- Motivation increases Job satisfaction among staffs, increase enthusiasm and high their drive towards their work which enhances organizational development and affect staffs work attitude.
- Motivation has a significant impact on the productivity of workers.
- Motivation has a significant positive relationship towards organizational development.
Below are some recommendations, which will go a long way in motivating workers and reducing dissatisfaction and increasing productivity
- The motivational scheme of Consolidated Breweries should be improved. If pay is to motivate or indeed have many positive influences at all, management should make it fair and compensate with the work done with other people doing the same or similar jobs in the same sector. There is a need for better conditions of service and to encourage productivity and job satisfaction of workers.
- Since respondents show higher satisfaction to promotion, reward based incentive and advancement prospect. Management should make sure that workers are promoted on merit as and when due.
- Staff training and development and regular consultation by management on staff welfare should be pursued vigorously to have a sense of belonging and tends to prepare them for higher responsibilities. (iv) Good supervision and relationship with the employees should be reviewed, welcomed and encouraged in the breweries so as to be able to know Employees’ problems and ways to show them. The use of performance appraisal form should be introduced.
- Breweries and business owners should adopt management by objectives, identify appropriate motivational needs of the workers not what benefit the employees. This tends to carry every staff along
How To Get The Complete Material For Motivation As Tools For Organizational Development
The Complete Material will be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make a Mobile Transfer or POS Payment of ₦3,000 to any of the Account Below
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
|Account No.: 1225513212|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 80 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Motivation As Tools For Organizational Development
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
This research material “Motivation As Tools For Organizational Development” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Motivation As Tools For Organizational Development” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best motivation tool for employees?
Employee motivation tools TINYpulse: Software that allows leaders to pinpoint workplace problems. TinyPulse’s tools feature real-time feedback for recognition, as well as technology for weekly check-ins, feedback and goal-setting.
What motivates employees to work?
Employees should feel motivated by their projects, compensation and benefits. Job performance is said to be a function of ability multiplied by motivation. Employees who invest in themselves and their education over time not only have a renewed sense of perspective and focus on their projects, but they can actively increase your bottom line.
What are the techniques of motivation in the workplace?
Employee motivation techniques. 1 Learning incentives. Employees who invest in themselves and their education over time not only have a renewed sense of perspective and focus on their … 2 Perks: PTO, childcare and services. 3 Appreciation, feedback, improvement.
How to build a culture of motivation at work?
Building a culture of motivation is a great way to keep your employees happy at work. Employees should feel motivated by their projects, compensation and benefits. Job performance is said to be a function of ability multiplied by motivation.
What really motivates workers?
“On days when workers have the sense they’re making headway in their jobs, or when they receive support that helps them overcome obstacles, their emotions are most positive and their drive to succeed is at its peak.” “As for recognition, the diaries revealed that it does indeed motivate workers and lift their moods.
How do you motivate employees in the workplace?
Ways to Inspire Motivation in the Workplace Learn What People Want. For many employees, work is about the money. … Motivation is different for each of your… Set Realistic Goals. Employees Are Motivated by Achieving Goals. … How can you help a co-worker or reporting staff… Promote …
How to build a positive culture in the workplace?
Creating a company goal brings employees together and gives everyone something specific to work towards – other than a paycheck. Encourage positivity. In order to build a positive culture, employers need to start by encouraging positivity in the workplace.
Does your company have a motivating culture?
An organization might have the greatest products or services combined with exceptional technology, but without a strong, motivating culture, they will not sustain success. A thriving corporate culture must be driven from the top, but it will still fall apart without bottom-up, grassroots input and support.
How does your workplace culture affect your personal growth and motivation?
No matter how positive your workplace culture and environment are, you have the starring role in promoting your personal growth and motivation. You can promote your own personal growth, motivation, and career development to overcome boredom, inertia, and staleness. Your employer can contribute to your growth and motivation, too.