Marketing Of Life Assurance Policies In Nigeria Problems And Prospects
This research work, the researcher examined the problems and prospects of marketing of life assurance policies in Nigeria. The information for the study was collected using primary and secondary methods of data collection. For the primary data collection, questionnaire was used while existing literature relevant to the topic was consulted for the secondary data. The sample size was determined using Taro Yamani formula the percentage method was used for data analysis while Chi-square statistical mode was used to test the formulated hypothesis.
The researcher found out that Life assurance companies in Enugu specializes in life assurance business but they are experiencing inadequate patronage. Life assurance companies use brokers, agents and partially employed salesmen in marketing of life assurance policy to the insuring public. Based on the findings the researcher recommended that Government should establish insurance educational centers which should organize lectures, seminars, educational conferences and study programmes for the good of the public.
Table Of Contents
- Title page ii
- Approval Page iii
- Dedication iv
- Acknowledgement v
- Abstract vii
- 1.1 Background of the Study 1
- 1.2 Statement of the Problem 4
- 1.3 Objective of the Study 5
- 1.4 Research Questions 6
- 1.5 Research Hypothesis 7
- 1.6 Significance of the Study 7
- 1.7 Scope and Limitations of the Study 8
- 1.8 Definition of Operational Terms 9
- Review Of Related Literature
- 2.1 An Overview 11
- 2.2 Historical Development of the Case Study 17
- 2.3 Historical Development of Life Assurance in Nigeria 19
- 2.4 How Individual Life Assurance Are Transacted 20
- 2.5 Special Characteristics of Marketing Life Assurance 23
- 2.6 The Impact of Life Assurance Policies on the Society 27
- 2.7 Marketing Strategies of Life Assurance Polices 30
- 2.8 Problems Facing Marketing of Life Assurance Policies 34
- 2.9 Prospect of Adequate Management 35
- References 36
- Research Methodology And Design
- 3.1 An Overview 37
- 3.2 Source of Data 37
- 3.2.1 Primary data 38
- 3.2.2 Secondary data 39
- 3.3 Population of the Study 41
- 3.4 Sample size and Sampling Techniques 41
- 3.5 Validity and Reliability of the Instrument used 42
- 3.6 Method of data Presentation and Analysis 43
- Data Presentation Analysis, Discussion Of Finding
- 4.1 An overview 46
- 4.2 Data presentation 46
- 4.3 Data Analysis 49
- 4.4 Testing of Hypothesis 60
- 4.5 Discussion of Findings 65
- Summary Of Findings, Conclusion And Recommendations.
- 5.1 Summary of Findings 66
- 5.2 Conclusions 68
- 5.3 Recommendations 69
- 5.4 Suggestions for Further Studies 74
- Bibliography 75
- Appendixes 76
- Sample questionnaire 77
1.1 Background of the study
In Nigeria the issue of taking life assurance policy has been neglected, in the sense that at this present time, it is estimated that not up to two percent (2%) of Nigerian’s own life assurance policies, from the research made on the internet, life assurance business is more operated and recognized in other countries such as UK, USA, Canada, Germany and other European countries, in Africa life assurance business is more recognized in South Africa for this fact, the benefits and roles life assurance plays in this country is being viewed from a very cooked point there by making it slightly visible moreover, the life assurance industry has entered on era of accelerated change as a result of increased competition, such as other life institution e.g. National Health Insurance Sector (NHIS). Hence professional marketing management is now a pre-requisite, if a company is to return or advance its position in the competition hierarchy.
Based on the investigations made on net, the major contention of this or the major aim of writing this is to pinpoint some of the challenges affecting life assurance industries in Nigeria.
1.2 Statement of problem
- Previous studies has shown that sub-standard policies which was designed by the underwriter’s could not meet the current change in the society towards satisfying individuals needs.
- High rate of poverty in the country that results to no interest or concern by the individuals to effect life assurance policy.
- The low demand for life assurance policies which could b e as a result of in appropriate marketing strategies.
- The high rate of illiteracy which affects the easy or free flow of life assurance business in Nigeria.
1.3 Objective of the Study
In this study, the main objective is to find out the problems militating against or the challenges affecting the marketing of life assurance policies in Nigeria and to proffer solutions remedy on way out of the problem or how the problem will be solved.
Those specific objectives as are as follows:
- To know whether those policies were designed to meet the current change of the need of the individuals/ the consumers.
- To find out how the high level of poverty in the country affects the patronage of life assurance policy.
- To examine whether those strategic method in marketing of life assurance policies are suitable for the business in promoting the industry.
- To find out if there is any alternative means for creating an awareness of life assurance policies to the uneducated one in the society.
1.4 Research Questions
- How does those policies designed, meet the need of the individuals/ the consumers.
- To what extent has high level of poverty in the country affected the patronage of life assurance policies?
- How do those strategic methods in marketing of life assurance policies suitable for the business in promoting the industry.
- What are those alternative means for creating an awareness of life assurance policies to the uneducated ones in the society?
The complete material will be sent to you in just 2 steps.
Quick & Simple…
Make payment of ₦3,000: through USSD Transfer, Bank Mobile App, ATM Transfer, or POS Transfer to:
- 0811003731, Access Bank, Samphina Academy
Or Click Here to pay with Debit Card
FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA:
Click Here to pay with Debit Card ($15)
Send the following details through Text Message or WhatsApp Messenger | 08143831497
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Marketing Of Life Assurance Policies In Nigeria Problems And Prospects
The complete material will be sent to your email address after receiving your payment information | Terms and Conditions Apply
You may also like:
All the research materials on this website are ONLY for research purposes and should be used as guidelines in developing your research or project works. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing these materials is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng will only provide papers as a reference for your research. The papers ordered and produced should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of the papers should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own project. It is the aim of samphina.com.ng to only provide guidance by which the paper should be pursued. Use it as a guidance purpose only.