Management Information System And Bank Performance (A Case Study Of Union Bank Plc)
This study examines Management Information System in Bank Performance with reference to Union Bank Plc, it analyze general concern for every organization in recent times most especially because of the role it plays in the acquisition of skilled and knowledge required by employees in the performance of their job for the adierement of organizational effectiveness and it entails the provision of necessary information to individual managers in an organization in order to improve their productivity and efficiency in the attainment of the overall objectives of the organization, which are profitability, market standard, employees satisfaction and social responsibility. The data were collected to check the reliability, validity and accuracy in the process and table constructed for the respondents. Chi-square method was used and the statistical tables were constructed and tabulated to show respondent background such as level of education. Percentage and absolute are also used for construction of this research essay. ,”45 questionnaires were administered to the workers of Union Bank Nigeria Plc, using chi-square to test the research hypothesis. The findings revealed that companies should establish a record keeping system tailored to maintain its management information. It therefore recommend that the use of the management information system in investment appraisal, prospective investor, merger and acquisition, valuation of business, company tax computation and finally on employee and business valuation evaluation.
Table of Contents
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- 1.1 Background of the Study
- 1.2 Statement of Problem
- 1.3 Research Questions
- 1.4 Objectives of the Study
- 1.6 Significance of Study
- 1.7 Scope and Limitations of the Study
- 1.8 Definition of Terms
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Current Literature Review
- 2.3 Sub Systems of Management Information System (MIS)
- 2.4 Information Systems
- 2.5 Management Function and Need Information
- 2.6 Mis Advantages to an Organization
- 2.7 Function and Value of Information
- 2.8 Management Information System and Organization Structure
- 2.9 Information Technology and Bank Performance
- 2.10 Technology
- 2.11 Information Technology and Banking Sector
- 2.12 The Nature of Planning and Control for Decision Making
- 2.13 System Theory and Concept
- 2.14 Historical Background of the Bank
- 3.0 Introduction
- 3.1 Research Design
- 3.2 Population of Study
- 3.3 Simple and Simple Techniques
- 3.4 Method of Data Collection
- 3.5 Validity and Reliability of Research Test
- 3.6 Scope and Limitations
Presentation and Analysis of Data
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Presentation and Data Analysis
- 4.3 Presentation Analysis of Data According to Test of Hypotheses
- 4.4 Discussion of Findings
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
- 5.1 Summary of Findings
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendation
1.1 Background of the Study
Organizations are involved in one form of data collection and processing which vary considerably in size and in structure. It is common expression nowadays to talk of proving solution to business problem. It must be noted that organizational problem are not the same as mathematical problems requiring set of equation with unique solutions. Instead, proving solution to organizational problem refers to the method reducing the burden of a task or avoiding calamity or destruction likely to place as a result of certain difficulties encountered by the organization are provided planned and operated. The reason is that business problems are closely linked with the need for the information necessary to control the organization activities.
Therefore, the aim of this project to undertake a critical study of the assessment of management information system that is capable of providing solution to the various problems of business organization, to ensure effective control, planned and decision making for its activities.
1.2 Statement of Problem
The researcher is disturbed by various problems faced by shareholders in an organization. Some of the problems include:
- Suppression of information of middle management
- Weakness and opportunities of the management technology system in the organization
- The factors effecting the type of information required.
- Identification of the appreciate information.
- Non compliance with laid down banking procedure
- Incomplete records
1.3 Research Questions
In the process of the research the under listed question has designed to focused and they are:
- What types of control can we put in place archive he impact of management information system in banking industry?
- What forms of internal controls do we need in management information system department for proper assessment?
- Is the corrective measures are in place to appraise the performance of various section and sub-sections in management information system department.
- What forms of recommendations do we need to achieve adequate decision making in management information department.
- What types of measure are needed for the efficiency of various methods used to source for data. Indecision making to enhance adequate planning and control?
1.4 Purpose Of The Study
The purpose of this study is to provide necessary information in individual management in an organization in order to improve their degree of efficiency and effectiveness in the attainment of the overall objectives of the organization:
- To examine the profitability of management information system in baking industry
- To improve market standard productivity innovation.
- To improve employees satisfaction and social responsibility.
- To have proper understanding of how to management a business
- To examine factors affecting the type of information required.
1.5 Research Hypothesis
The research hypothesis that would be tested in this project are:
- H0: There is no significant relationship between effective decision making by the management, and adequate supply of information in the organization.
H1: There is significant relationship between effective decision making by the management, and adequate supply of information in the organization.
- H0: Management information system does not facilitate and enhance decision making in an organization to improve productivity and performance.
Hi: Management information system facilitates and enhances decision making in an organization to improve productivity and performance.
1.6 Significance of Study
The study is relevant to the growth of management information system in a bank performance the research findings will help individual managers and firms to understand the relationship between management information and bank performance. Thereby shedding light on how quality infrastructure can enhance decision making and all other aspect that have a bearing in an organization capacity and ability to implement its strategies and achieve performance.
The project examines management information system in banking industry, revising the review need and importance of management information system in relation to decision in an organization. The study will look at the nature and scope of information management and its system, examing the weakness and opportunities, threat and strength in the organization.
1.7 Scope and Limitation of the Study
The scope of the study give a general view of management information system in the worth of decision making and how management information system affect the decision making of every organization..
The limitation of the study may be as a result of the retrieval of questionnaire to be distribute out to the respondents the time factor is also a limitation to the study as in period of writing the research project and also the study could be limited through financial resources; in the case of the study the following constraint were experienced:
- Financial constraints
- Time constraints
1.8 Definition of Terms
This is the row facts and figures pertaining to the day to day activity of an organization.
This represents data that has been processed; it is also data that have been interpreted understood by the recipient of the message.
This is decision taken before one takes an action. It is an attempt at coping with uncertainties by thinking what, how and when future course of action would be taken.
Management Information System:
This entails the provision of necessary information or report to individuals; managers in an organization in order improve their degree of efficiency and effectiveness.
This refers to a set of information connected or inter-dependent, so as to form a complex part in an orderly arrangement according to some plan.
This is the contribution of science and technology towards effective and efficient production and dissemination of information to the user accurately and timely.
The information produced for management and the utilization to another.
This is the comparison if actual performance with plan in order to take necessary corrective measures.
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦5,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731
|Acc No: 1225513212
|Acc No: 8143831497
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR STUDENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)
|FOR GHANIAN STUDENTS
|Make Payment of 120 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Cloud Osabutey | MTN MoMo
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- TOPIC: Management Information System And Bank Performance (A Case Study Of Union Bank Plc)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To You On WhatsApp After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply