Maintenance Of Social Order In Nigeria With Particular Emphasis On Police Reform
This work fries to find out the maintenance of social order in Nigeria with particular emphasis on police reform police reform.
As very Nigerian literally depressed over the ineffective ad inefficient performance of most government owned establishment such a situation makes null of the good intentions of government in setting up such organization. From the work of earlier researches and seminars and talks delivered by eminent scholars it is widely believed that the reason why government owned establishment have remained insoluble hangs on management more especially personnel management. The work set out unravel these seeming mysteries, the administration of Enugu state Board of internal revenue which have caused so much groaning pains, agony and frustration to their staff and even larger society has been responsible for improper taxation in Enugu state. To ascertain these problems, these problems, a questionnaire was drawn in which the preliminary question sought to identify the person of the respondent ie her personal data. The rest of the question was on the various aspects of what could be responsible for the problem hindering the smooth and efficient running of the establishment. It was gathered that the main reason for problem of personnel management are as follows:
Lack of motivational policies for employees.
Enugu state board of internal revenue had not articulated a meaningful training programme for their workers the board of internal revenue had not being to promote their staff as and when packages of the board were not promising and are not comparable to other in similar establishments.
Table Of Content
- Title Page
- Approval Page
- Table Of Content
- 1.1 Background Of The Study
- 1.2 Statement Of Problem
- 1.3 Objective Of The Study
- 1.4 Scope Of The Study
- 1.5 Research Questions
- 1.6 Significance Of The Study
- 2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 Theoretical Framework
- 2.2 Motivation In Work-Needs And Their Satisfaction
- 3.0 Methodology
- 3.1 Design Of Study
- 3.2 Population Of Study
- 3.2.1. Sample Technique
- 3.3 Instrument For Data Collection
- 3.4 Validity Of Instrument
- 3.5 Reliability Of The Instrument
- 3.6 Method Of Data Collection
- 3.7 Method Of Data Analysis
- 4.0 Data Presentation And Analysis
- 4.1 Distribution And Collection Of Questionnaire
- 5.0 Summary And Conclusion
- 5.1 Discussion Of Results
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendation
- 5.4 Limitation Of Study
1.1 Background Of The Study
Before its establishment, the then Anambra State Board of Internal Revenue, was established under the Anambra state of Nigeria Civil Service edict with its Headquarters at Enugu Secretariat. The Board had its four zonal offices (Enugu zone, Fegge zone, Nsukka zone and Abakaliki zone).
Enugu state Board of Internal Revenue came into being after creation of state from old Anambra state in August 27th 1991. The Board had its first Director in the person of Chief H.O. Attama with over one thousand, two hundred staff.
It was left with three zonal offices (Enugu, Nsukka and Abakaliki zones) Today Enugu State Boad of Internal Revenue exists with only two zonal offices (Enugu and Nsukka zones) after carving out Abakaliki from Enugu state in 1996.
The state Board of internal Revenue still has its head office at the state secretariate opposite Enugu state Criminal Investigation Divisional (CID) office.
Its statutory services is collecting and accounting for Taxes due to the state.
Enugu state Board of internal Revenue today has staff Board of internal Revenue today has staff strength of NinThe e hundred and fifty with the following departments:
- The policy section (chairman office)
- Public Relations office
The Internal Audit
- HOD collection
- HOD Assessment
- HOD Personnel
- HOD Capital Gain Tax (other taxes)
- HOD statistics
1.2 Statement Of Problem
The problems that hindered the smooth and efficient
Running of this establishment included the following:
- Enugu state Board of Internal Revenue has diversed and varied personnel management problem which includes lack of motivation policies for their employee.
- Enugu state Board of Internal Revenue had not articulated a meaningful training or retaining programmes for their workers
- The state Board of Internal Revenue had not been promoting their staff as and when due.
- The welfare packages of the state Board of Internal Revenue were not promoting and cannot be compared to other similar establishments.
1.3 Objective Of The Study
There are numerous reasons why government set up this establishment. The establishment is in public sector with the emphasis on revenue generation. It is expected that as revenue organization that it can constitute a binder to the public and the government that formed it and this may include:
- To investigate the motivational policies of the Enugu State Board of Internal Revenue. Revenue to enhance revenue generation in the state.
- To examine the training programmes of the Board with a view to evolving one tail to meet the needs of the employee.
- To find out why Enugu State Board of Internal Revenue are not promoting their workers as and when due.
- To appraise the welfare packages of the Board and compare it with those of other establishment.
1.4 Scope Of Study
The scope of this study covers:
- The activities of personnel management in government owned establishment as represented by Enugu State Board of Internal Revenue.
- The activities of personnel management in government owned corporations as represented by Enugu State water Corporation
1.5 Research Questions
- To what extent does personnel management meet what is required from it to Enugu State Board of Internal Revenue?
- To what extent does Enugu State Board of Internal Revenue consider experience in engaging worker?
- To what extent does the Enugu State Board in Internal Revenue sponsor Personnel management training both internal and external?
- What kind of leadership style does the Board of Internal Revenue applies in their operations?
1.6 Significance Of The Study
Enugu State Board of Internal Revenue will get their establishment objectives which increase motivational policies for their workers.
Consequently the workers will be able to have their promotion as and when due.
Through this investigation, training and retaining of workers of Enugu state Board of Internal Revenue will increase in the development of the establishment.
On the same issue, the establishment will decide the welfare packages of the workers to be similar with other establishments.
Lastly, government will be in a position to plan the right strategies to enable the establishment reach their objectives.
Complete Material For Maintenance Of Social Order In Nigeria With Particular Emphasis On Police Reform
The Complete Material will be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make a Mobile Transfer or POS Payment of ₦3,000 to any of the Account Below
|Account No.: 0811003731|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
|Account No.: 1225513212|
|Name: Samphina Academy|
|Account Type: Current|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card ($15)|
|GHANA – Make Payment of 60 GHS to MTN MoMo, 0553978005, Douglas Osabutey|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Maintenance Of Social Order In Nigeria With Particular Emphasis On Police Reform
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply
This research material “Maintenance Of Social Order In Nigeria With Particular Emphasis On Police Reform” is for research purposes and should be used as a guide in developing your research project / seminar work. For no reason should you copy word for word (verbatim) as samphina.com.ng will not be liable for any who copied the material.
The aim of providing this material is to reduce the stress of moving from one school library to another all in the name of searching for research materials. This service is legal because, all institutions permit their students to read previous projects, books, articles or papers while developing their own works. According to Austin Kleon “All creative work builds on what came before”.
samphina.com.ng is only providing this material “Maintenance Of Social Order In Nigeria With Particular Emphasis On Police Reform” as a reference for your research. The paper should be used as a guide or framework for your own paper. The contents of this paper should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own research. Use it as a guidance purpose only.